TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

Stick to discussing the specifics of THIS case. This thread is not the place for general gun control discussion or debate.

Do not introduce the emotional, political, hot-button topic of gun control in general. It leads nowhere other than to ultimately derail the thread.

Tricia kept gun control discussion off Websleuths for a long time and even tried opening a gun control debate thread. Six month later, six threads later, the discussion was stopped because as usual it led to bickering among members. Gun control legislation is never going to be resolved through discussion at Websleuths.

The law right now is what the law is. Members may discuss those laws as they relate to this case specifically (i.e. what are the current laws that relate to this case, to the killer, how was he able to ...). Other posts and opinions that attempt to take this thread into the future political realm of what should or should not be will be removed and members may experience a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

If you value your participation in this thread, please do not introduce general gun control debate.

Thank you.

Uvalde Justice of the Peace Eulalio Diaz was tasked with the excruciating job of identifying the bodies of the 21 victims shot dead at Robb Elementary School in the small Texas town Tuesday.

Diaz worked into the night identifying the 19 children and two teachers who were gunned down in their fourth-grade classroom as families of the unaccounted for anxiously waited outside the Uvalde civic center for any updates, the El Paso Times reported.

Local authorities swabbed members of the waiting families for DNA in an effort to help identify the children who didn’t make it out of the school.

“Some of the children were not in good shape,” Diaz told the El Paso Times.

A 9-year-old student told KENS 5 that the shooter said "it's time to die" after entering the classroom.

"He shot the next person’s door. We have a door in the middle. He opened it. He came in and he crouched a little bit and he said, 'It's time to die,'" the student told the station. "When he shot, it was very loud and it hurt my ear."

US Border Patrol Del Rio Sector

Yesterday at 5:32 AM ·
U.S. Border Patrol Agents responded to a law enforcement request for assistance regarding an active shooter situation inside Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. Upon entering the building, U.S. Border Patrol Agents and other law enforcement officers faced immediate gun fire from the subject, who was barricaded inside.
Risking their own lives, these Border Patrol Agents and other officers put themselves between the shooter and children on the scene to draw the shooter’s attention away from potential victims and save lives. At least one Border Patrol Agent was wounded by the shooter during the exchange of gunfire. On-and-off duty Border Patrol Agents arrived on the scene to assist with transferring students safely to their families and providing medical support.
We express our heartfelt condolences to the families and the community of Uvalde, TX.
#HonorFirst

I also want the answer to your question. Seems like a simple security practice that could have saved many lives but was not implemented.

Why? JMO
At a recent academic awards event, I waited in a single line for up to an hour to enter. Two officers posted at the entrance chatting with folks they knew. As, I stood in line, my thought strayed to anyone in this line could be armed and dangerous, are these officers even paying attention to those entering? After the event, many were in the lobby taking pictures with their kids and family, like always. The officers started breaking up the groups, saying...Its Sunday and I want to get home.

As they called students to the stage to receive their award, I began to notice a pattern. Many students of local LE, the Judges granddaughter, even my granddaughter best friend, the District Attorney daughter were not present. I ask her why so many didn't show, even her friend. She said her dad felt it unsafe, as the school did not restrict anyone based on criminal records. We ALL had to register online, with name, address, child's name, etc to obtain a ticket. The line was bogged down for an hour while teachers checked each person s registration, however they did not exclude known sex predators (who are by law not allowed on school grounds) or other violent individuals.

I contacted several on the local school board, the school superintendent and the Chief of Police to inquire about "procedures". Every official I spoke with, was appalled that I would want to exclude any parent, based on current laws. I was told it was OK to let the registered sexual predators, know violent criminals, in because it was their kids, and they had a right to see them receive awards. This is all part of the " inclusion program". This lead to more questions. Why have officers at the door and register for tickets. The response were all the same.....the state requires we have a security plan, but it doesn't specifically say can't admit any based on state laws. Insane!!!!!

I immediately contacted our governors hotline, which descended on our school board, needless to say, myself and several others were ridiculed for trying to stop some from attending future events.

I think schools have plans on paper to satisfy state requirements but are blatantly not following these plans. Our school chose to violate state law!!!! Parents, citizens, everyone needs to monitor schools to insure they do what they say they are doing. They go unchecked until something happens.

I read the districts plan for Uvalde, seems they missed the mark in several area outlined on their website. Moo...

All my opinion.....

Last edited:

1653639744603.png

Thursday was Rodriguez’s first day back in Uvalde since leaving town to try to block out the worst day of his life.

“It’s ugly,” he said. “It’s ugly because a piece of my life is gone.”
Rodriguez’s 10-year-old daughter Annabell was murdered inside Robb Elementary on Tuesday. However, Rodriguez didn’t want to talk about that. Instead, he wanted to talk about the girl who loved school and hated missing class.

“She’s been honor roll many, many times,” he recalled. “Up to her last day.”

Rodriguez said his daughter was curious, including about the family’s carpentry business.

[..]

Annabell's family wants to tell her story. While they're devastated, they want her to be remembered for the amazing girl she was.

He said Annabell adored the family’s 2-year-old dog, Patrona, and wanted to be a veterinarian.

She also enjoyed goofing around with her twin sister, who was home-schooled and unharmed in the shooting.

[..]

Annabell’s cousin, Jackie Cazares, was also killed in the shooting.

1653640127340.png

• 10-year-old cousins are among the 19 children killed during a Tuesday mass shooting in Texas.
  • Jacklyn Cazares and Annabell Rodríguez were in the same classroom when the shooting broke out.
  • A relative told The New York Times that the girls were close.
Two young cousins in the same classroom at Robb Elementary School were both killed in the Tuesday mass shooting that left 21 people dead, including 19 children, in Uvalde, Texas.

Family members confirmed that Jacklyn Cazares and Annabell Rodríguez, both 10, were fatally shot.

Polly Flores, who was Jackie's aunt and Annabelle's great-aunt, told The New York Times the girls were so close that Annabell's twin sister, who was home-schooled, was often jealous of their relationship.

"We are a very tight family," Flores told the outlet. "It's just devastating."

Jackie had her First Communion earlier this month, her aunt said. She was "outgoing; she always had to be the center of attention," Flores told The Times. "She was my little diva."

Annabell was quieter and an honor roll student, according to Flores. Annabell's father on Tuesday told local media that he was searching for his daughter amid the chaos of the aftermath of the shooting.

Another set of Cousins:

Jaliah Nicole Silguero, 10 and Jayce Carmelo Luevanos, 10

1653640923414.png

Jaliah Nicole Siguero, 10, was among the 19 schoolchildren killed in Tuesday’s shooting. Her mother, Veronica Luevanos, says the young girl didn’t want to go to school that day, almost as if she could sense the tragedy that would ultimately take place.

1653641074645.png

Jayce Carmelo Luevanos, Jaliah Nicole Siguero’s cousin, also lost his life in the Texas elementary school shooting.

“They were nothing but loving baby angels, always had a smile on their face just full of life,” their cousin said in a statement to ABC News. “I can’t believe this happened to our angels.”

Local authorities swabbed members of the waiting families for DNA in an effort to help identify the children who didn’t make it out of the school.

“Some of the children were not in good shape,” Diaz told the El Paso Times.
This weapon seems to be for military use.

Why is it sold to general public???

And online??
And to a teen?

I'm simply lost for words :(

Daughter of Uvalde Deputy Who Responded to Texas School Shooting Identified as One of Those Killed​

On Tuesday, Alexandria "Lexi" Rubio's parents attended an honor roll ceremony with her, celebrating her academic achievements. About 30 minutes later, the gunman opened fire.

uvalde-sheriff-daughter-victim-04.jpeg

lexi-min.jpg
I remember seeing her mother in this red outfit sitting on the curb..She was waiting to hear news.
The mother is graduating with a major in history at St Mary's University in San Antonio.

Life is gone within a blink of an eye

At a recent academic awards event, I waited in a single line for up to an hour to enter. Two officers posted at the entrance chatting with folks they knew. As, I stood in line, my thought strayed to anyone in this line could be armed and dangerous, are these officers even paying attention to those entering? After the event, many were in the lobby taking pictures with their kids and family, like always. The officers started breaking up the groups, saying...Its Sunday and I want to get home.

As they called students to the stage to receive their award, I began to notice a pattern. Many students of local LE, the Judges granddaughter, even my granddaughter best friend, the District Attorney daughter were not present. I ask her why so many didn't show, even her friend. She said her dad felt it unsafe, as the school did not restrict anyone based on criminal records. We ALL had to register online, with name, address, child's name, etc to obtain a ticket. The line was bogged down for an hour while teachers checked each person s registration, however they did not exclude known sex predators (who are by law not allowed on school grounds) or other violent individuals.

I contacted several on the local school board, the school superintendent and the Chief of Police to inquire about "procedures". Every official I spoke with, was appalled that I would want to exclude any parent, based on current laws. I was told it was OK to let the registered sexual predators, know violent criminals, in because it was their kids, and they had a right to see them receive awards. This is all part of the " inclusion program". This lead to more questions. Why have officers at the door and register for tickets. The response were all the same.....the state requires we have a security plan, but it doesn't specifically say can't admit any based on state laws. Insane!!!!!

I immediately contacted our governors hotline, which descended on our school board, needless to say, myself and several others were ridiculed for trying to stop some from attending future events.

I think schools have plans on paper to satisfy state requirements but are blatantly not following these plans. Our school chose to violate state law!!!! Parents, citizens, everyone needs to monitor schools to insure they do what they say they are doing. They go unchecked until something happens.

I read the districts plan for Uvalde, seems they missed the mark in several area outlined on their website. Moo...

All my opinion.....
Excellent and accurate post.

I remember seeing her mother in this red outfit sitting on the curb..She was waiting to hear news.
The mother is graduating with a major in history at St Mary's University in San Antonio.

Life is gone within a blink of an eye
And I'm still thinking about Garcia kids.

Knowing your Mum died in terror murdered by a madman.

And then, a few days later, your Dad dying of heartbreak.

How can the children ever live happily after that?

I hope all families of victims are provided with therapies and help from psychologists.

There was blood in the hallway and children were covered in it, one of the students who survived the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, told ABC News.

"[The shooter] came in and said, 'You're all gonna die,' and just started shooting," Samuel Salinas, 10, recalled in an interview airing Friday on "Good Morning America." Salinas was a student in Irma Garcia's fourth-grade class.

Salinas, whose mother died in a car accident in 2019, said his aunt dropped him off for school on Tuesday morning.

"It was a normal day until my teacher said we're on severe lockdown," he told ABC News, "and then there was shooting in the windows."

Salinas said the gunman came into his classroom, closed the door and told them, "You're all going to die," before opening fire.

"He shot the teacher and then he shot the kids," Salinas said, recalling the cries and yells of students around him…

"I played dead so he wouldn't shoot me," he added, noting that a lot of other children did the same.

A cellphone in one of the student's desks started ringing, and as the girl was trying to silence it, Salinas heard gunshots. Police engaged the gunman and then moved desks out of the way to free the children, he said.

As police rushed him out of the room, Salinas said he saw the bodies of his teacher and other students…

“The one message the fourth-grader said he has for his fellow surviving classmates at Robb Elementary School: "I'm glad you're alive."

someone else (seattle1? i'm trying to find who, it was in the 20-pages on this thread) posted this already...

fox news JUST said on live tv that SR was one of the two arrested four years ago. i can't find it in print yet. TX Rep Tony Gonzales is reporting this right now. obviously juvenile records are sealed...

As for the armed school officer, he was driving nearby but was not on campus when Ramos crashed his truck, according to a law enforcement official who was not authorized to discuss the case and spoke of condition of anonymity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x