TX TX - Vidor, near I-10, WhtFem 12-20, 72UFTX (UP4574), Skeletal, previous braces, Jan'84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's officially New Year's Day here over the pond, and 36 years since the discovery of Vidor Jane Doe:

72UFTX

72UFTX.jpg
72UFTX1.jpg

Reconstructions of the victim by Karen T. Taylor (please note: hair was shorter than depicted).

Date of Discovery: January 1, 1984
Location of Discovery: Vidor, Orange County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: 1983 or prior
State of Remains: Partial remains with soft tissues
Cause of Death: Possible decapitation

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 12-20 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 4'6" to 5'2"
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Brown, fine and 2" in length.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Several fillings. Evidence suggests that she previously wore braces although none were present. Mandible not recovered.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Blue-green and white Present Company or Penney Company pullover terry cloth short-sleeved shirt with an elastic waistband (Junior size 9-12) was found near the remains.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: A green comb.

Circumstances of Discovery
On New Year's Day, the victim's partial remains were found in a pasture near 1005 Ridgewood Street near FM 1135, south of Interstate 10 at the Highway 1132 overpass.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences
Agency Contact Person: Sharon Derrick
Agency Phone Number: 713-796-6774 or 713-796-6858
Agency E-Mail: meoidunit(at)ifs.hctx.net
Agency Case Number: PA84-0009

Agency Name: Orange County Sheriff's Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 409-883-2612
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 84-0003

Agency Name: Texas Department of Public Safety
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 512-424-5074
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: U8804002

NCIC Case Number: U159371356
NamUs Case Number: 4574

Information Source(s)
NamUs
TXDPS
Harris County Insitute of Forensic Sciences
The Orange Leader News Archive

** Listed information may be estimated.

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://www.namus.gov/api/CaseSets/NamUs/UnidentifiedPersons/Cases/4574/Documents/292

Date of death (recovery by HCME): January 1, 1984

Recovery location: Pasture near 1005 Ridgewood St, Orange County, TX

Sex: Female
Height: 5’6”
Race: White
Hair Color: Brown 2”

Clothing: A white short sleeved ladies type blouse with the label of “Present Company” was found in the vicinity of the skeletal remains.

Identifying Mark: The decedent has several dental fillings.

Details: The skeletal remains were found in a field by a passer-by.

The hair is way off. The description says two inches, about 5 cm, which is very short. Did they show it longer in the sketch because they thought it had been cut recently?

My guess was that the cut was, er, amateur. Possibly to delay identification, to humiliate the decedent, removed as a trophy?

JMHO

RIP, Young Lady!

Three exclusions The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

MP1859 Sondra Ramber Galveston TX
MP6429 Julie Moseley Tarrant TX
MP5247 Mindi Chambers Maricopa AZ?

Reading back to the start of the thread there were several other exclusions confirmed by LE in the early days of this thread:

Barbara Louise Cotton (posts #1 and 22)
Mary Opitz (posts #9-12)
Dean Marie Pyle Petersc (#29)

@Earth you have posted about Shelley several times over the years but I wasn't clear from the subsequent traffic whether she was submitted and ruled-out, or if she was one that couldn't be properly compared (as was the case for Mindi Chambers for quite a while)?

Shelley Luty is my step sister. It did my heart good to see her case still being discussed...thank you

Tiredmom thank you for posting. Do you know if your step-sister was considered by law enforcement as a possible match for this deceased girl? Do you have a liaison officer you can speak to, if you want to take it further?
I hope 2020 brings you some answers. Xx

I am truly sorry for what has happened to you. Do you have any DNA available that could possibly be compared to this Jane Doe? I've been trying to get them to consider Shelley for three years now.
I personally don't but I know the Upper Darby Police and the FBI do have Shelley's DNA. I can also reach out to one of her sisters.

Tiredmom thank you for posting. Do you know if your step-sister was considered by law enforcement as a possible match for this deceased girl? Do you have a liaison officer you can speak to, if you want to take it further?
I hope 2020 brings you some answers. Xx
I am reaching out to my other step sisters to see what needs to be done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amandalynn72
Back