TX TX - Vidor, near I-10, WhtFem 12-20, 72UFTX (UP4574), Skeletal, previous braces, Jan'84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think she could be Shelley Luty. The picture looks just like her.

Unidentified TX 1984 Mindi.jpgimg_4376.jpeg

If you have a contact, that would be great.

I just want to help people.

It actually would make sense if Jane Doe was Shelley Luty.

The body was dumped at least a year before 1/1/84. Shelley disappeared on 8/23/82, so either her body was there for fifteen months or she was held for three months. Both are rather creepy.

She has the same nose, hair and lips. I couldn't quite focus on the teeth.

Shelley's front tooth was chipped and capped. I do not know if this would be recognizable after a year of decomposition, but could it be mistaken for having had braces?

Maybe she did have braces at some point.

What's important is that Shelley previously had a fractured skull. Would this be visible on the deceased?

She was 19 when she vanished and at 5'3. The deceased is estimated to have been 14 to 18 and 4'10 to 5'2, so she might fit.

It's a pity we don't have a clearer picture of Shelley.

Shelley was a waitress at a diner in Pennsylvania. She left work in her stepfather's car, but it was never recovered. A male customer who left the diner shortly before she did was described as white, 5'10 to 6', with an athletic build, between 25 and 29 years old.

If he were a trucker, it would make sense. From Google Street View, Llanerch Diner, where Shelley disappeared, has a large parking lot and is on Route 1. I don't know what it looked like in the eighties, but I'd say not very different.

The deceased was found south of Interstate 10 and Highway 1132 overpass. It would also explain why a girl from Pennsylvania would end up in Texas.

Also, if the truck was large, it could easily hide a car.

MS Luty DNA is complete, so I guess that rules her out, eh?

From what I understand, namus dna comparisons need to be run manually. Did anyone submit her?

YES, I did, but the chipped tooth on MS Luty was not recovered on Orange Co Doe, so dental comparisons were of no use.

Could she be Frieda "Becky" Powell?

Becky was Ottis Toole's niece. Henry Lee Lucas became involved with her when she was about 12, in 1979. HLL claimed he stabbed her while drunk in 1982 in Texas. No human remains were found that were confirmed to be hers. I couldn't find any missing persons reports for Becky, no NamUs profile, just a few blog posts and Find A Grave page. In the few photographs I saw of her, I think she resembles the recon fairly well.

No height, weight, eye color for Becky. She would be 15 in 1982, when she was last heard from and supposedly died. Here's a side by side:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Beckyvs72UFTX.jpg
    Beckyvs72UFTX.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 174
Could she be Frieda "Becky" Powell?

Becky was Ottis Toole's niece. Henry Lee Lucas became involved with her when she was about 12, in 1979. HLL claimed he stabbed her while drunk in 1982 in Texas. No human remains were found that were confirmed to be hers. I couldn't find any missing persons reports for Becky, no NamUs profile, just a few blog posts and Find A Grave page. In the few photographs I saw of her, I think she resembles the recon fairly well.

No height, weight, eye color for Becky. She would be 15 in 1982, when she was last heard from and supposedly died. Here's a side by side:

attachment.php

Becky was played by actress Tracy Arnold in the movie Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. It's very graphic and, as a result, was Rated X when it was released in 1986-an excellent film, none-the-less.

Becky was played by actress Tracy Arnold in the movie Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. It's very graphic and, as a result, was Rated X when it was released in 1986-an excellent film, none-the-less.

Here's the trailer-Becky's character has been changed to be slightly older and to be Ottis' sister.

[video=youtube;IU3P6WXzvXU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU3P6WXzvXU[/video]

I wonder if this could be Patricia Taylor? She had braces.

Is the height correct in NamUs? It states 54 inches, which is short to the point of dwarfism. I can understand a few inches off, but that could still make this a little person.

Is the height correct in NamUs? It states 54 inches, which is short to the point of dwarfism. I can understand a few inches off, but that could still make this a little person.

Or she hadn't finished her growth yet, if she was at the young end of the range. So many heights are off, though...

I still think some of these height estimates confuse inches with feet.

Some of them certainly do get entered that way. It's very annoying. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back