TX TX - Vidor, near I-10, WhtFem 12-20, 72UFTX (UP4574), Skeletal, previous braces, Jan'84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gardenmom about the amount of time that elapse. Mary went missing January 1981.

Jane Doe was found in 1984 (that's 3 years), but the estimated time of dead was AT LEAST one year (so that means January 1983, or before).

That's a maximum of a 2 year period between the the abduction and Jane Doe's death (and it could be less).

As for the braces... that is a niggly one. I find it interesting that it says
"
Evidence suggests that she previously wore braces on her teeth" and nothing else about dentals. In case the family ends up reading this I do not wish to expand on this point any further.
I am her mother and I went to a physic in Fort Myers and she even said she was taken by someone who care about her. So it is a possible she could have been held

Welcome nywoman1939 I am so sorry for your loss. Because you have submitted dentals and DNA to NamUs, I would think that she would have already been compared to this UID, To assure, you might call the Harris County Institute of Forensic Science. This way you can be certain . There number is 713-796-9292. Does your daughter have a thread? If not we can contact an administrator to set one up. I will try to see what I can find.

We have a thread open for discussion on Mary Opitz's case here:

FL FL - Mary Opitz, 17, Fort Myers, 16 Jan 1981 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Nywoman1939, thanks for joining us and posting! If you'd like to become "verified" as Mary's mother, please send an email to wsverify@xmission.com. In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on (Mary Opitz). In the email, please include 1) The case (Mary Opitz) ; 2) Your Websleuths name (nywoman1939) ; 3) Your phone number and a good time to call ; 4) Your real name.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or any other moderator.

I contacted Melanie Schramm of TXDPS. She has nothing in her records to indicate that Mindi Chambers has ever been ruled out. But she will check with Mesa PD to see what they have.

This is a follow up.

Relatives of Mindi Chambers started a facebook page within the last month

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForMindi

From the page, they are aware that this UID can be Mindi Chambers. I am not sure they are aware that maternal DNA can determine if Mindi is indeed this UID or not.

There is a picture of Mindi Chambers with her maternal aunt on one of the web pages that dates from 1980. It was uploaded in November 2012, 2 months after the discussion this UID could be Mindi.

If the aunt is available, or the aunt's children can be found they can provide DNA that will determine if this UID is indeed Mindi Chambers through mtDNA.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=90593650&PIpi=70374876

I think she looks a bit like Melissa Highsmith (vanished 1971). But Tina Kemp has an identical nose (vanished 1979).
I really feel sorry for this little Jane Doe, and I hope that we know who she is soon, and her family can bury her. :'(

Could this possibly be Ann Gotlib? She was 12 years old when she disappeared from a Louisville, Ky mall on June 1, 1983. They suspect Gregory Oakley Jr killed her but he is dead and took all his secrets to his grave. She was 5'1 85 lbs. I am not sure whether she ever wore braces or not. She was also last seen wearing a white and red t-shirt. She had red hair but its still similar.

Thoughts?

NCMC601552c1.jpg

Carl contacted Dr. Sharon Derrick and confirmed that the ruleout of Mindi Chambers was made by DNA per the authority of the UNT CODIS Administrator, so it is valid.

Now to go over other young ladies that have been brought up as a possible match but may have been discounted due to the fact that we were all so sure this was Mindi. Back to the drawing board!

Has Jo Anna Maria Pedersen been looked at? I know it appears she was abducted from Canada, but her abductor could've taken her to the US and cut her hair extremely short (UID was said to have had hair 2" in length) in order to conceal her identity. Any thoughts on this?

Also Karen Marie Hughes who is listed as a runaway due to the fact that she is supposedly with her non-custodial mother by choice. Again, the mother could have taken her who knows where, cutting her hair short to prevent her from being recognized. She may have eventually even run away from her mother and met her fate. Her mother wouldn't have reported her missing, as she wasn't supposed to have her in the first place.

I submitted Cinda as a match today to local law enforcement. The Captain seemed interested and I hope to hear something back soon.

Also, I was unsure on the braces before, but when I re-read the information, it appears that Cinda had a lower retainer. That should indicate that she had some sort of orthodontic work done.

The body had been in Texas for a year before it was found; it was decaying.
They suspect her exboyfriend took her. Maybe he took her hostage and drove her to Texas?

"The victim was deceased for at least one year prior to discovery."

Also, "Evidence suggests that she previously wore braces on her teeth."
They wouldn't know if she wore braces or not for sure since the body had been there for at least a year, but they probably mean that she had excellent teeth, which is what the girl who is missing had.

The curvature though would be a distinguishing mark. I wonder if the body found had any spinal marks of if it was run over or what? It having been there a year must make it hard to identify too much?

Train track braces leave craze lines (small cracks in the enamel) when they are removed. Other trauma and wear and tear can cause craze lines, and they are very common. Train tracks can also leave circular scars on the teeth if they are not kept clean, as bacteria builds up around the bracket and causes decay. Train tracks also shorten the length of tooth roots, which may have been visible on x-rays. Also, if premolars on both sides are missing, but there is no gap and they haven't been replaced, they have probably been removed to make room to straighten the teeth

Oops, just realised I did a similar post 18 months ago

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back