Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i thought alma root was a good match too, but she had a tattoo orange socks did not have, and she went missing months after orange socks was killed. by appearances alone i think they look exactly alike...

Investigators for Jane Doe (Agency Case Number 79-10-166)
NCIC Number: U-925334164
:

Texas Department Of Public Safety
800-346-3243
Or
Williamson County Sheriff's Office
512-943-1389

Investigators for Wendy Byron (Agency Case Number 78-3033):
NCIC Number: M-534631853
Glendora Police Department (California)
818-914-8250

Has anyone ever called on this?

I have never called anyone. I have ask the doe network to check into this but never heard back from them.

Doe Network can be a bit...overworked...at times. I would be more than willing to make followup calls on this, with the submitter's permission, if they don't want to. Tomorrow is my call back day for my cases, so I can do one more. I'm usually pretty good at getting info.
Let me know.

I just saw some morgue photos of "orange socks" that I'd never seen before.

After seeing those, it totally changes who I'd be looking for in a match. OS appears to be of mixed racial heritage, white-western european, African-American, and hispanic. There is nothing delicate about her facial features, the only way I can think to put it.

Hi, sorry im just 'lurking' in, was reading all the posts, I reckon Susan Byron looks like our Jane Doe, has anyone went further with it? even though the photo was taken from the side view, they look strickenly the same person.

justthinkin, I cant get into the website :(

kirsty, hi and welcome to WS. Sorry bout that, I'll have to check to see what went wrong and correct it asap.

jt

Yes please someone else call it in. I would but wouldn't know the first thing about contacting them. :waitasec:

I'll call in and see about a rule out list for her and see if they have checked the possibilities we have here. I more than likely will get voicemail at the start and not have any answers til next week.
(Speaking from experience.)

Whoever is comparing missing people with the one morgue profile photo of the "orange socks" Jane Doe which makes her look like she has orange hair, you really need to see the other morgue photos with full face views to even begin to search for the right match. I did the very same thing myself so I am not being critical, but when there are additional photos, they really should be looked at before submitting someone as a possible match.

Also, someone who is 5'1 is an unlikely match for someone who is 5'8-5'10" Jane Doe's height.

Whoever is comparing missing people with the one morgue profile photo of the "orange socks" Jane Doe which makes her look like she has orange hair, you really need to see the other morgue photos with full face views to even begin to search for the right match. I did the very same thing myself so I am not being critical, but when there are additional photos, they really should be looked at before submitting someone as a possible match.

Also, someone who is 5'1 is an unlikely match for someone who is 5'8-5'10" Jane Doe's height.

Standard margin of error on height is +/- 2 inches from the listed. Just so everyone knows. That's what the coroners work with, usually, unless the body is in good shape and can be accurately measured.

Nothing. She is a ghost.
The number listed on Doe Network is for the Williamson County Sheriff's Dispatch, who were very kind and very helpful, but can't do much with out a physical address except tell me that she must have been found on the East side of the road. Take that as helpful if you wish.
I left a message for Det. Peggy Brown, Criminal Investigations for Williamson County, we'll see if she gets ahold of me.
I am now going to venture into the wild and frightening territory known as TX DPS to see what they can tell me. If I'm not back in an hour, send searchers.

(BTW: I am not banking on Alma Violet Root, since she went missing shortly after the Doe was found.)

Reached an analyst for DPS.
They have lists sent to them that are computer generated, if there are enough stats that match, they send the name to her for comparison. I would love to give you that list and she would love to give it to me, but there is confidential info and she can't just release it.
The names on that list of the ones that she knows aren't Orange Socks number in the hundreds.
I do have her email address, so I can send her our list, and she will make sure that they are already on her rule out list. If they aren't, of course, they'll look into it.
So help me get this list together.

Not My Kids, the names that have come up in this thread as far as possible matches for Orange Socks are:

Wendy Susan Byron
Sharon Drover
Phylis Eleanor Berry
Helen Claire Frost
Sylvia Ouimet
Alma Root
and Louise Davis

Thanks so much for calling on this!

Okay, getting the email together now.

One thing, she did confirm the information on Doe Network, for the most part. Especially the ring, so at least we are working with the right stats.

Not My Kids, the names that have come up in this thread as far as possible matches for Orange Socks are:

Wendy Susan Byron
Sharon Drover
Phylis Eleanor Berry
Helen Claire Frost
Sylvia Ouimet
Alma Root
and Louise Davis

Thanks so much for calling on this!

Thank you and no problem. networking is my favorite part of this thing that we do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back