Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Carl, Did you ever hear back from Canada regarding Sharon Drover? I just happened across Sharon on Doe and my first thought was "Orange Socks!!!! " I know Sharon has been mentioned on this thread several times for OS.

Carl, Did you ever hear back from Canada regarding Sharon Drover? I just happened across Sharon on Doe and my first thought was "Orange Socks!!!! " I know Sharon has been mentioned on this thread several times for OS.

I never called Canada re: Sharon Drover. I don't recall that I ever mentioned her as a possible, though I see that others have. She looks roughly similar to OS, but I don't see enough resemblance to call it in.

It was not_my_kids that called her in. I googled Sharon; there is a post on Unsolved Murders | Missing People Canada for Sharon; there are a few deleted posts but her family have posted there. She was suggested to Cali & Orange socks back in 2008. I wonder if LE has the name of the 2 brothers that supposedly picked her up hitching to get her pay check; sounds to me she will be found there. I'll bump the post to see if her family are still there & if she was compared; but I don't have luck with people answering.

I have no clue how they think she resembled Cali

Still in shock that Martha was ruled out.

Got a response from TX DPS.
Sharon Drover - submittted many times, ongoing info requests to Canada.
Sylvia Ouimet - submitted, ongoing info requests with Canada.
Phyllis Berry - ruled out
Wendy Byron - ruled out.

Doe Network stats are off, her official age est. is 19-29, and her weight was 153-163. Height is correct.

That's all I have, but maybe the updated stats will help us a little.

Has Margret Dodd , MP from WV in 1977, ever been considered for OS? Timeline fits-Margret was apparently abducted and forced into an unidentified vehicle. -she has a very strong facial resemblance to OS. Age in range, eye color "brown" OS "hazel". Margret's height is listed as 5 ft 6, a little short for OS, but height may be off. Here is her link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/404dfwv.html. Note the unusual spelling of her first name, Doe says this is the correct spelling.

Has Margret Dodd , MP from WV in 1977, ever been considered for OS? Timeline fits-Margret was apparently abducted and forced into an unidentified vehicle. -she has a very strong facial resemblance to OS. Age in range, eye color "brown" OS "hazel". Margret's height is listed as 5 ft 6, a little short for OS, but height may be off. Here is her link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/404dfwv.html. Note the unusual spelling of her first name, Doe says this is the correct spelling.

Margret Dodd NamUs MP # 13244 DNA Status: Sample is currently not available

Today is the 35th anniversary of Orange Socks' murder.

I really hope the mystery behind her identity one day gets solved. This one really haunts me.

I'm not sure if this information is unavailable or if I've just missed it, but was it ever stated whether this girl had ever given birth?

This case has been with me for a very long time; it's the only one whose name I retained from all my years of watching America's Most Wanted with my mom as a child.

I'm so disappointed that Martha wasn't a match; that was the kind of resemblance that makes me say "wow."

Hopefully there will be an answer on Sharon soon; OS' nose is the most distinctive feature to me, and I can see it with Sharon.

Not sure if these names have been mentioned but i think that Sharon Drover looks like her, and Diane Lynn Buckley looks like her but her height it a little off.

Here's a side by side with Drover. I'll try to get Buckley later --

Attachments

• Sharon Drover and Orange SoxTX.png
    Sharon Drover and Orange SoxTX.png
    201.2 KB · Views: 500
The side by side confirms my suspicion. I'm going to call it in tomorrow to see if she has been looked into on this case.

I'm struck by the similarities in the upper front teeth -- the obvious gap there, for one thing. -

Here's a side by side with Drover. I'll try to get Buckley later --

JMHO, I don't think Drover is OS. The rhinon, nasion and glabella of Drover's nose are much more narrow than OS's.

face-parts-diagram.jpg

attachment.php

Ok I e-mailed the Regional Administrator about Sharon Drover and Diane Lynn Buckley. I will post if I hear anything.

What do you think about this one? :waitasec:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1321dfnf.html

I have submitted both of them but nothing ever came of it. I really feel like this could be one of the 2 but I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

I knew the morgue photos of Orange Socks were out there, so I am posting the link where they are.

They are GRAPHIC- so everyone please be aware that these pictures may be disturbing to some!​

I think these will be very helpful in the search for Orange Sock's name.
http://icaremissingpersonscoldcases.yuku.com/topic/723/t/Unidentified-Female-in-1979-in-George-Town-Texas.html

According to these posts from 2008, Sharon Drover had already been submitted but nothing came from it. Looking at the morgue photos in the last link she does not seem to resemble the deceased IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back