Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nice work, Carl. I'm hoping you hear something in the near future.

Wow, good catch.

I get so frustrated when I click on a profile on NAMUS and there is no picture, it's amazing what just one picture can do.

"Profile of 10 loci was at DPS lab, attempting to find out of FBI has it into CODIS yet."

HMMMM.... What does this mean? DPS Department of Public Safety? And even if they have it, it may not be in the system?

"Profile of 10 loci was at DPS lab, attempting to find out of FBI has it into CODIS yet."

HMMMM.... What does this mean? DPS Department of Public Safety? And even if they have it, it may not be in the system?

As I understand it, a DNA profile requires 13 loci for inclusion in CODIS. If there are only 10 loci in OS's DNA profile, CODIS will not accept it.

I spoke this morning with Dr. Sharon Derrick at the Harris County Institute of Forensic Science. She said that she would look into it and call me back. She just called back and said that she spoke with TXDPS, and they will pursue a 1 to 1 DNA comparison of Martha Morrison to "Orange Socks". She says that they "agreed that it was a very strong comparison".

They didn’t know if there is DNA in the system for "Orange Socks", but they believe that they can do a one-on-one comparison.

Dr. Derrick is one in a million. I hope to meet her one day.

I was always convinced over the years Orange socks was Lisa Jane Borden. Have they checked with DNA for a possible match?

There was a Unidentified Jane Doe they called her JD83 Amarillo Texas in October 8th 1983.She is the very first Unidentified Jane Doe I ever heard and knew of and the first Jane Doe I ever checked with a possible match with my sister.The Jane Doe was very special to me.The Jane Doe was Identified as Bambi Lynn Dick a few years ago.I have become very familiar with this Jane Doe Orange socks also.Through my investigation of looking into JD 83 Amarillo Texas.I saw similarities in JD 83 Amarillo Texas and Orange socks 1979.The had very similar descriptions and were found dead similar.Both found in a culvert and both in October.Both Died by strangulation

There was a early lead with JD 83 Amarillo Texas(Bambi Lynn Dick)that I feel may have happened to her.There was an early lead saying someone caught a ride with truckers from Colorado.This may I feel have happened with Orange socks too.Even though it says Henry Lee Lucas was convicted of killing Orange socks.

Here is the descriptions of the two Jane Does found in Texas.

Orange Socks

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: October 31, 1979
Location of Discovery: Georgetown, Williamson County, Texas
Estimated Date of Death: Hours prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide by strangulation
Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate
Estimated Age: 15-30 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'8" to 5'10"
Weight: 140-160 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown with reddish tint and 10" in length.
Eye Color: Hazel

JD 83 Amarillo Texas (Identified later as Bambi Lynn Dick)

Unidentified White Female

Located on October 8, 1983 in Amarillo, Potter County, Texas.
Cause of death was homicide. The victim died as a result of asphyxiation by strangulation.
Estimated Date of Death: 24 - 30 hours prior to discovery

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 16 - 30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6" - 5'8"; 100 - 125 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: She had reddish/brown hair and blue or hazel eyes. She wore blue-tinted contact lenses. The victim had a small birthmark or blemish on her left forearm and an extra nipple under right breast. Both of her ears were pierced twice.
Clothing: She was discovered wearing Britannica blue jeans, size 5; a white bra; pink panties with Thursday stitched in red; and white cotton socks. Her blouse and shoes were missing and not located with her body.
Jewelry: She was wearing three rings on her fingers: a gold diamond friendship ring; a man's gold wedding band with tape on back; and a gold ring with a garnet stone and a diamond chip on the side.
Dentals: Available

Case History
The victim was discovered in a culvert 17 miles north of Amarillo, Texas in Potter County on US 287.

I was always convinced over the years Orange socks was Lisa Jane Borden. Have they checked with DNA for a possible match?

Lisa J Borden had medical implants in her hand that OS did not have. I had originally thought LJB was a good possible in comparison to the official drawing. But after seeing the PM photos, I could see that there was much less resemblance.

Lisa J Borden had medical implants in her hand that OS did not have. I had originally thought LJB was a good possible in comparison to the official drawing. But after seeing the PM photos, I could see that there was much less resemblance.

Me too.I agree.I had not seen the PM before until later.

I just saw that Martha Morrison is now listed as a rule-out for OS. I really thought Martha was going to be it!

Glad they finally added her even though her name is spelled wrong lol!

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Martha Morrison Unknown Oregon

Glad they finally added her even though her name is spelled wrong lol!

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA
Martha Morrison Unknown Oregon

I saw that...it was the first thing that jumped out at me. You'd think the person putting the info in would notice it.

I'm not sure how likely this is but what about Teresa "Teri/Terri" Rhodes. She seems to resemble Orange Socks and she was younger so although her height isn't accurate she was only 13 at the time of her disappearance.

TheresaRhodes.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back