GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was reading along and posted the above not knowing somebody had been arrested. Wow. WTG DPD.

I was gone today so didn't see the arrest until just now.

Incidentlly I had to run over to our local Walgreens. It surely is a lot different at night than during the day. Lots of places to hide by mailboxes and propane tanks.

I know this happened during the late afternoon but just wanted to mention that.

I am so happy this killer is off the streets. Too bad he wasn't off the streets before Zoe was murdered.

Her poor family.

This is such a brutal, gut wrenching reminder that, if your ever in this situation, where a evil person has you at gun or knifepoint, fight, run, scream, kick. Do not go to a second location. Its better to get shot on the spot, in a public place, than to go to a secluded second location. ( and, chances are, they aren't gonna shoot you in a public place because a gun shot will draw attention and if they have a knife, chances are they will have to risk fighting you, its not like your gonna stand there and let them stab you without a fight... I watched a 20/20 where the guy showed a young girl his gun and she just got in his car, he said that he would of never used it, if she would of walked away she would of been able to get away from him, he would of never actually shot it in a public place but it terrified her so she just got in his car.) It seems like, she probably had that chance to get away and it doesn't seem likely that if she was sweet enough to give him a ride that she wouldn't of allowed him to drive... so that wouldn't add up... so more than likely he showed her a weapon and told her to get in. Maybe even crowded her which would make getting away impossible. Hindsight would say, scream, honk the horn, refuse to get in... but who knows what happens when you are actually in the presence of a gun or a knife threatening your life... we tend to, as humans, live to survive the very moment we are in without thinking ahead ... the fact that there was so much DNA shows he was careless and makes me think it wasn't planned... so he just maybe saw this beautiful girl and made a decision on the spot ... But, what I am also thinking is that she did run into a lamp to probably try and get away... seems to me that he, being a criminal, would know he was in the database...so what if she also managed to run him off the road into the ditch.... because otherwise it seems like he would of tried to get the van someone else to clean it out. Maybe she succeeded in running it into the ditch and condeming him as well.

Agree. Do it now but I'm not going anywhere. Good post. Because sex predators want isolated privacy. So they squirm at the public abduction part even when they seem brazen. They don't want a scene at all. So that is the best time and place to fight for your life or flee. Agree.

Looks like he got his hair cut short or was wearing a wig from what the eye witnesses reported.

He does seem taller and bigger than I would have imagined. Now I wonder if it was him they saw?

Gosh I bet Zoe was scared. :(

BBM I know right?:tears::tears::tears:

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crim...-killer-has-extensive-criminal-past/74556398/
Zoe Hastings' suspected killer has extensive criminal past

--snip--
Toby Shook, a prominent Dallas criminal defense attorney and former county prosecutor, said on Twitter Saturday that Cochran presents Dallas district attorney Susan Hawk with her first high-profile case since she was elected.

“With his criminal history, brutality of the [Hastings murder] and media coverage very likely the DA will seek death penalty,” Shook said.

Police said Cochran was jailed Saturday afternoon in lieu of $1,000,000 bond. But by Saturday night, his bond was increased to $2.5 million, according to Dallas County.

Photo was from his Facebook ...but because the descriptions were bushy and he's playing around in a wig?? But has short hair, really so I am curious if it he used it in the crime.

But they got him .

Thank God in heaven .... that murderer is behind bars .... I hope for eternity.

Kathy

Photo was from his Facebook ...but because the descriptions were bushy and he's playing around in a wig?? But has short hair, really so I am curious if it he used it in the crime.

But they got him .

Thank God in heaven .... that murderer is behind bars .... I hope for eternity.

Kathy

--october 17th ( 5 days after the murder) was his "momie's" (mothers) funeral, maybe he got a hair cut then, there are a # of family pics that day.

--october 16th ( the day before the funeral) :
Antonio Cochran

October 16 at 5:37pm ·

Me , Myself , & I ...is all i have in the end thts what i found and theirs no need to cry , because i took a vowl from now on im gonna be my on best friend

Yay for swift justice. Boo for another senseless disgusting crime. RIP BEAUTIFUL ZOE!!

I am new to this so I hope I am posting correctly...I was looking through his fb page earlier today (fyi: there is a lot of offensive stuff in there) but looking back at the days before the crime, it seemed like he was posting a lot of violent / crime related posts. On Oct. 8th he shared videos of violent and disturbing pranks. One shows 3 people dressed in scary costumes, with one carrying a bloody axe, approaching people who are alone, then chasing them to see how they react. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1021172661247863&id=100000654154208
On Oct 9th he puts up a bunch of posts listing famous people who have died from unnatural circumstances and famous people who have killed other people. Then on the morning of Oct 11th, he shares a woman's picture commenting on it and writing things that seem to suggest he is in some kind of relationship with her, but it doesn't seem like its reciprocated. MHO
Then he doesn't post again until the early morning of Oct 14th.
Going back to Oct 3rd, he posted this:
(modsnip)

I am new to this so I hope I am posting correctly...I was looking through his fb page earlier today (fyi: there is a lot of offensive stuff in there) but looking back at the days before the crime, it seemed like he was posting a lot of violent / crime related posts. On Oct. 8th he shared videos of violent and disturbing pranks. One shows 3 people dressed in scary costumes, with one carrying a bloody axe, approaching people who are alone, then chasing them to see how they react. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1021172661247863&id=100000654154208
On Oct 9th he puts up a bunch of posts listing famous people who have died from unnatural circumstances and famous people who have killed other people. Then on the morning of Oct 11th, he shares a woman's picture commenting on it and writing things that seem to suggest he is in some kind of relationship with her, but it doesn't seem like its reciprocated. MHO
Then he doesn't post again until the early morning of Oct 14th.
Going back to Oct 3rd, he posted this:
"U won't believe this I had to be rehired on one of my jobs cuz my i9 says a different bday..yea someone in 2008 change it so federal government and homeland security as of about four days ago classified me as a illegal immigrant..yea so I have to go out of town to get my birth certificate...thts wild all time they say tht now their hacking down on everything beening the same so my mind is blown but..I got my second job back but as another Antonio. ..I ask my moma and she doesn't know"

BBM Those are characters out of movies. If memory serves, they are Michael Meyers, Chucky and Ghost Face from the Scream movie. I looked at his FB page and I did not find anything disturbing about his posts. Which makes him even scarier. He appears to be normal but hides who he really is.

There is a reason the Facebook is also called Fakebook. MOO

Is this guy African American or Dominican?

He appears to be African American. He refers to his "momie" as his "step mom" and "2nd mom" in earlier posts.

There isn't anything totally out there on his page, but he comes off as skeevy to me. Nothing that jumps out and says to me, "Wow, of course it was this guy!", but he just seems like a creep with some of his posts/comments. I know Facebook isn't the best place to judge someone's true intelligence, but I wouldn't be surprised if his defense attorney at least tries to keep him from Death Row due to his IQ. He may well be a genius, but he appears to fall far below average to me.

It's also really odd to me that he posted a video in September that supposedly shows animal abuse, and says "This not right." I don't understand how he can be bothered by that, then turn around a few weeks later and do what he did to Zoe.

Right. This is some of Gavin DeBecker's commandments, right? Never , ever, ever go to the second location. Your odds are much better at the first location. Unfortunately, with a gun to your head and being very young and startled and overwhelmed, the best laid plans can go out the window. I'm so glad this monster if off the streets.

Typically they don't have a real plan, which is why they cooperate when they find a knife or gun in their face. The brain slows down dramatically when the adenaline hits and the victim can't analyze the risks and decide what to do quickly (the default is usually "do nothing") but they CAN follow through on a simple pre-made plan like RUN.

If people know that will happen in a crisis they can create simple plans and act on them, if they don't know they will sit their like deer in the headlights when they face a life threatening situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back