GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don't know motive, sexuall predator, at this time they believe it was ranndom.

The suspect identified as Antonio Lamar Cochran B/M 1-19-1981, matched the suspect description.

[video=twitter;657997166925885440]https://twitter.com/DallasPD/status/657997166925885440[/video]

They caught the perp!!! Thank God. I'm so relieved and grateful. Thank you DPD. Continued prayers for Zoe's family and friends.

Dallas police arrest suspect in Zoe Hastings murder case: “He’s obviously a sexual predator that’s been taken off the streets.”
Bruce Tomaso Email btomaso@dallasnews.com
Published: October 24, 2015 1:09 pm

[...]
Police believe Cochran abducted Zoe​ Hastings on Oct. 11. The next morning, authorities found Hastings’ body and her minivan in a creek near White Rock Lake.

Police said Cochran matched witness descriptions and that DNA tests conducted on evidence at the crime scene was linked back to Cochran late last night.

[...]
According to news reports, he was acquitted earlier this year of sexual assault charge in Bowie County.

News reports show prosecutors charged him with the alleged sexual assault of his ex-girlfriend’s 17-year-old daughter in February 2014.

Jurors acquitted him of the sexual assault charge in January.

This is such a brutal, gut wrenching reminder that, if your ever in this situation, where a evil person has you at gun or knifepoint, fight, run, scream, kick. Do not go to a second location. Its better to get shot on the spot, in a public place, than to go to a secluded second location. ( and, chances are, they aren't gonna shoot you in a public place because a gun shot will draw attention and if they have a knife, chances are they will have to risk fighting you, its not like your gonna stand there and let them stab you without a fight... I watched a 20/20 where the guy showed a young girl his gun and she just got in his car, he said that he would of never used it, if she would of walked away she would of been able to get away from him, he would of never actually shot it in a public place but it terrified her so she just got in his car.) It seems like, she probably had that chance to get away and it doesn't seem likely that if she was sweet enough to give him a ride that she wouldn't of allowed him to drive... so that wouldn't add up... so more than likely he showed her a weapon and told her to get in. Maybe even crowded her which would make getting away impossible. Hindsight would say, scream, honk the horn, refuse to get in... but who knows what happens when you are actually in the presence of a gun or a knife threatening your life... we tend to, as humans, live to survive the very moment we are in without thinking ahead ... the fact that there was so much DNA shows he was careless and makes me think it wasn't planned... so he just maybe saw this beautiful girl and made a decision on the spot ... But, what I am also thinking is that she did run into a lamp to probably try and get away... seems to me that he, being a criminal, would know he was in the database...so what if she also managed to run him off the road into the ditch.... because otherwise it seems like he would of tried to get the van someone else to clean it out. Maybe she succeeded in running it into the ditch and condeming him as well.

In February, 2014, he was arrested after he was caught with his gf's 17-year-old daughter and meth in his car. A year later, he was acquitted on sexual assault charges related to the 17-year-old. Within a year, he re-offended.

You can't blame the jury if the evidence was insufficient, but I'll bet some of the twelve will be second guessing their decision.

http://www.arklatexhomepage.com/arklatexhomepage/sexual-assault-suspect-arrested

Goes to show why we shouldn't believe rumors.

"Police said the suspect information was given to the U.S. Marshall's Fugitive Apprehension Team and an arrest was made within eight hours.

‪Dallas Police said they received DNA test results late Friday night that linked Cochran to the crime scene."

http://www.fox4news.com/home/38390448-story

Also, in case anyone is still wondering.

"Police don’t believe Cochran and Hastings knew each other. The motive remains unclear."

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...-p-m-update-in-zoe-hastings-murder-case.html/

I am elated this monster is off the streets

I found his FB page but I don't know how to bring it over here

Oh thank goodness ....I was in line to check into a hotel and actually whooped when my husband sent a text.

Oh thank goodness ....

Kathy

this story just reminded me of how "useful" it is to have a "kill switch" (simple electric connection that will disable the ignition-you could even have 2, in different areas of the car) installed in your car by your trusted mechanic. I used to think of it as a simple anti-theft device (much superior to an alarm). But it is a good idea to install one especially on the car your teens drive... and make sure they take the habit of turning it on every time they turn off the engine.
I cannot see a perp persisting much when the car won't start.

In addition, a GPS chip is a must on the car your kids drive.

there is really a whole bunch of little things much helped by recent tech advances too that one can use to ad safety. your kids might even find it fun to imagine and help design their "tricked out" car

This is such a brutal, gut wrenching reminder that, if your ever in this situation, where a evil person has you at gun or knifepoint, fight, run, scream, kick. Do not go to a second location. Its better to get shot on the spot, in a public place, than to go to a secluded second location. ( and, chances are, they aren't gonna shoot you in a public place because a gun shot will draw attention and if they have a knife, chances are they will have to risk fighting you, its not like your gonna stand there and let them stab you without a fight... I watched a 20/20 where the guy showed a young girl his gun and she just got in his car, he said that he would of never used it, if she would of walked away she would of been able to get away from him, he would of never actually shot it in a public place but it terrified her so she just got in his car.) It seems like, she probably had that chance to get away and it doesn't seem likely that if she was sweet enough to give him a ride that she wouldn't of allowed him to drive... so that wouldn't add up... so more than likely he showed her a weapon and told her to get in. Maybe even crowded her which would make getting away impossible. Hindsight would say, scream, honk the horn, refuse to get in... but who knows what happens when you are actually in the presence of a gun or a knife threatening your life... we tend to, as humans, live to survive the very moment we are in without thinking ahead ... the fact that there was so much DNA shows he was careless and makes me think it wasn't planned... so he just maybe saw this beautiful girl and made a decision on the spot ... But, what I am also thinking is that she did run into a lamp to probably try and get away... seems to me that he, being a criminal, would know he was in the database...so what if she also managed to run him off the road into the ditch.... because otherwise it seems like he would of tried to get the van someone else to clean it out. Maybe she succeeded in running it into the ditch and condeming him as well.

Right. This is some of Gavin DeBecker's commandments, right? Never , ever, ever go to the second location. Your odds are much better at the first location. Unfortunately, with a gun to your head and being very young and startled and overwhelmed, the best laid plans can go out the window. I'm so glad this monster if off the streets.

If Dan laws protect killers that is easy to fix. You become interested in a certain case. You contact your state representative and say that the law needs to be changed. You explain why. Then you work to get the laws changed. Instead of affecting one life you protect thousands

I don't know if you happened to read the link I left about what Morgan Harringtons parents worked so hard for after Morgan and Hannah's murders. Also not sure about the law in Texas.

For your information; http://www.c-ville.com/watered-dna-bills-pass-va-house-senate/#.ViwV1CtCxVe

Part of the article;

Accused Hannah Graham-murderer Jesse Matthew, who was convicted of trespassing in 2010, inspired three bills in the General Assembly to add misdemeanors to the crimes for which DNA samples are collected. However, the versions that passed would not have prevented Matthew from crossing paths with Graham last September.

Had Matthew been buccal swabbed for DNA in 2010 after the trespassing conviction, he would have matched DNA taken from both a brutal 2005 attack in Fairfax and the 2009 murder of Morgan Harrington, and been in jail the night Graham wandered up the Downtown Mall, said proponents of the bills.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back