GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some new information tonight about her cell phone, showing pings as she left confirming she left home at 4:41 was at red box at 4:42 then at crime scene at 5:01 so 19 minutes driving.

Cochran drove a silver car to Walgreen and so that part of the puzzle as to why they circled back fits that he needed to stay near his get away car.

Wonder what his cell phone records will show??

As far as trials, it's really up to him if he talks & confesses he might get life without parole for not costing county money of a trial, but my guess is because he's been in the system and been acquitted he just might be brazen enough to think he could bs his way to a lesser sentence. Who knows what he'll admit or if he is talking at all?

Kathy

I'm kind of curious. If he left the crime scene at 5:01 then he had to walk back to Walgreens. I think I read the crime scene was bloody. Didn't anybody notice him???

Hi mgkins, I did see a picture of him on his FB page wearing a bushy afro wig. It looked like he was joking around with his friends or something.
Maybe he wore that wig? MOO of course... :-)

I am curious how they knew to look at the apartment on Amesbury, were there phone records from him calling his mom in Texarkana? How if he wasnt on the lease did they pick him up within 10-12 hours of getting the dna match? And have they determined if he wandered around or had a vehicle that day? There seems to be no warrant served on any vehicle? So why didnt anyone notice if he had evidence on him? Stabbings are very messy, where are his clothes?

As much as they have a dna match, there is no such thing as a perfect crime and there has to be more evidence in addition to the witness testimony.

I so want to know he will never walk among us again, or hurt anyone else again.

Kathy

Hi Kathy, one thing the police may have done is follow him home from the bar he was at with his friends. He was posting from the bar he and his friends were at very early on the morning he was arrested. He was telling everyone how much fun he was having and blah blah blah and he listed the name and location of the bar so his friends could come over too.

Maybe the police were keeping tabs on his FB and just followed him from place to place until he got to the apartment? MHO of course :-)

It's not that he left at 5:01 we don't know how long he was there, just know when her phone pinged first at that location.

I just cannot imagine him strolling back in that area to his car at the Walgreen s without being seen? As much as I know there's evil in this world, how was he confident enough to do this in broad daylight without garnering more attention than he did?

And I too wonder about that wig, because it fits first descriptions of the perp ...have they processed that silver car?

Kathy

I just cannot imagine him strolling back in that area to his car at the Walgreen s without being seen? As much as I know there's evil in this world, how was he confident enough to do this in broad daylight without garnering more attention than he did?

If he took her at 5 he probably didn't return for his car until 6:30 or later, quite possibly after dark. I could see him doing that without anyone taking notice, especially since no one knew about the crime.

from Aurora 101
one thing the police may have done is follow him home from the bar he was at with his friends. He was posting from the bar he and his friends were at very early on the morning he was arrested. He was telling everyone how much fun he was having and blah blah blah and he listed the name and location of the bar so his friends could come over too.

I am not reading this on his fb timeline, he just says: "Man just left the red river...danced with a close friend me .bro and sister in law had a blast. ..thks San Francisco much love u did tht thks for tht i owe u big time" at 1.58 am on the 23.
seems to me he posts AFTER he already left

on the next post I am not sure where he is, seems like he is home after picking up some fast food: "
now I'm eating whatabuger and domino pizza ...**** forgot cigarettes pause got to go to the store" at 2.12 am

so it seems a bit late to go tail him after he writes he already left

What page /date on his fb is the wig pic (I have to say I have a hard time going thru his fb log)

Thanks

I guess we just have to be patient to find out what happened.

It's my hope the press and LE are sparing the family, too many details to the public, about how Zoe died. It's bad enough to lose a daughter.

I haven't seen a map of where he lived. Being far away I am wondering how far he lived from Walgreens where this all began.

TIA

I think they said 4.9 miles from walgreens to the apartment he was staying at. So because it was the other side of the lake probably only a 15 minute drive to get to where he could shower after leaving the walgreens.

And he couldve walked the creek just after sunset and only have about 7-8 blocks to cover once leaving the creek to walk up peavy to get to the car, if he did it after sunset it would be less noticable. And it would only take about 10 minutes to make that walk if he stayed along the creek til peavy?

Kathy

from Aurora 101

What page /date on his fb is the wig pic (I have to say I have a hard time going thru his fb log)

Thanks[/FONT][/COLOR]

Yeah his FB page is disturbing to look through. But the picture of him goofing around in an afro looking wig is under his profile pictures and is about the 8th one in the album.

I copied the wig picture here up thread it is copied from his facebook because it matched the brushy afro-like hair statement of the second press conference when they announced the two witness description of the perp.

Kathy

Thanks Kathy and Aurora, now I found the pic on July 16. Kathy I did see your post with the pic a few days back but I did not think it was him at the time, the face looked "fuller" the nose less flat...what a hair style can do for you!

A lot of narcissism on display on his fb. I still think this guy was working out at some gym. Also what was he doing at this Walgreens? his apt is on the other side of the lake. He clearly knows the area-he did not just happen to stop at this Walgreens by chance..

Did he:
-work in the area?
-have friends living in this area?
-have source of drugs there?
-go to the gym (yes the Y again...)?

I go with #3 because he seems to know the creeks really well, but it does not exclude the other possibilities.
I am still not excluding that he had seen Zoe before (although he did not actually know her)-they were both moving around in a rather small perimeter. Also there is too much rage in the way he killed her -in my naive opinion.

BBM Had to Google that phrase. I learn sompin' every day. Good God Y'all! Link is not from MSM so it will be My Opinion Only.

Dindu Nuffin is a pejorative term that originated on /pol/ to mock and criticize black people during the numerous riots throughout 2014 and 2015.

Actually, it originated to mock and criticize people who excuse their own bad actions or the bad actions of their friends, relatives, or homies by claiming they dindu nuffin. Like the woman whose son shot a cop, and she said (yes, to the tv camera; yes, it was caught on video) "He just shot a cop, he dindu nuffin wrong."

Actually, it originated to mock and criticize people who excuse their own bad actions or the bad actions of their friends, relatives, or homies by claiming they dindu nuffin. Like the woman whose son shot a cop, and she said (yes, to the tv camera; yes, it was caught on video) "He just shot a cop, he dindu nuffin wrong."[/QUOTE

Nobody needs to mock or criticize anybody. IMO.

This news article has different information taken from the court documents.
http://www.fox4news.com/news/40347834-story
"Police are searching social media accounts of both Cochran and Hastings, such as Facebook and the popular dating app Tinder.
According to court documents, "...a close friend of...Hastings’ confirmed she utilizes an active Tinder account” and that detectives "...observed a Tinder notification on...cell phone.""

Also in the article, witnesses indicate AC was sitting in his car at the Wallgreens until Zoe pulled up. He got out of his car and went to her car.

"Police are searching social media accounts of both Cochran and Hastings, such as Facebook and the popular dating app Tinder.
According to court documents, "...a close friend of...Hastings’ confirmed she utilizes an active Tinder account” and that detectives "...observed a Tinder notification on...cell phone.""

Also in the article, witnesses indicate AC was sitting in his car at the Wallgreens until Zoe pulled up. He got out of his car and went to her car.

Darn. so was she trying to hook up with a male on Tinder?

I had to look up Tinder. Apparently it is not a typical dating site, but widely considered a casual sex hookup app. Even if someone didn't use the app for casual sex they would still be approached by a lot of prurient individuals and offers.

The app is primarily picture based, people flip through and "like" the pics of local singles and the app matches them up with others that also liked the users photo.

First of all, in the same vein as casual sex app Grindr for gay men, Tinder allows you to browse through the singles closest to you. The app pulls in information from your Facebook profile, so setting it up is quick and easy. You just choose your six most flattering photos, a tagline, and then start swiping through nearby singles.
http://www.yourtango.com/2014226077/what-women-really-think-tinder

Eyewitnesses say Cochran got out of a silver car and approached Hastings at the Walgreens.

He was about six or seven miles from his home on Amesbury Drive, reportedly sitting in his car outside Walgreens until Hastings drove up.

Sheeshers, if that is true and if they knew each other from Tinder then it sure sounds like they planned to "meet for a minute" in that parking lot. I can't wrap my mind around that possibility, it seems so outlandishly far fetched.

The police have said they had no connection & she didn't know him.

While tinder is a dating app, it isn't always for hook ups. My guess is harmless flirting was all she was using it for.

It was just tinder that caused her phone to ping so her location was narrowed down versus no use of the phone would have a much wider circle but because of that ping it was distinct.

She did not know this man in real life or online they have said that every time it is discussed.

Kathy

CBS11 is tweeting they will have an interview with one of the Walgreen's witnesses tonight on their 10 pm broadcast.

Which, I really don't like you wonder if they ok'd that with LE because if they are talking before being deposed and on record, it might not be wise to be on television? That testimony is needed in the courtroom not for ratings of a newscast.

Kathy

The police have said they had no connection & she didn't know him.

While tinder is a dating app, it isn't always for hook ups. My guess is harmless flirting was all she was using it for.

It was just tinder that caused her phone to ping so her location was narrowed down versus no use of the phone would have a much wider circle but because of that ping it was distinct.

She did not know this man in real life or online they have said that every time it is discussed.

Kathy

I was just about to come on line and write about this. I agree with you. No way would Zoe meet up with the likes of this guy. According to LE she didn't know him at all.

I am not familiar with Tinder. Never heard of it so I am not real clear on that.

I don't know but I don't like that kind of news being put out there without facts to back it up.

It muddies the waters of a young girls life.

Not necessary.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381