GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Per the twitterverse Dallas PD will have an update on the case at 4 pm today ... fingers and all appendages crossed and praying hard for some solid leads and information about a person of interest or suspect.

Kathy

The one thing that bothers me about this case is that the area the van was left is somewhat hidden, and one would probably have to know the area in order to be comfortable disposing of the van there. If you look at a map, the clearing towards the creek is not obvious. I would think that one would have to know that if you turn down Lippitt Ave., and then turn on Dixfield Dr., that there would be a clearing without many houses nearby. It also makes me think that if someone knew that, then they must live nearby, because they didn’t have much time to get rid of the evidence. They had to think of someplace quick. That also makes me think it’s someone that she knows. All of this is just my own opinion, of course.

I lived by White Rock Lake a few years back. It was nice in some areas, but it could change to a rough area pretty quickly.

So the perp is a 5'10 Black male approx 170 lbs and a witness saw her slide over and he got in and took the driver side.

Then an accident happened after he was driving at a speed limit sign near Peavy & Newcomb where one witness heard it, then spoke to someone else who had seen it & they have not yet located that individual who saw the accident but are looking.
for her.

DPD requesting neighbors in area of accident with sign to check home security footage for possible footage.

And NO damn video from redbox or walgreens of them in parking lot.

Why do these damn businesses not keep their security in working order?

But ....there are witnesses and a description.

Kathy

Just watched the police update. It does sound random at this point, especially considering there is a witness that saw someone matching Zoe’s description talking to an African American male in the Walgreen’s parking lot and the new information about the wreck at Newcombe & Peavy. That’s the complete opposite direction of the church.

Just watched the police update. It does sound random at this point, especially considering there is a witness that saw someone matching Zoe’s description talking to an African American male in the Walgreen’s parking lot and the new information about the wreck at Newcombe & Peavy. That’s the complete opposite direction of the church.

Yep. Sounds random and there's a heavy homeless presence in that area. Either he wasn't used to driving or it's possible she was fighting him off and he ran into a sign it sounds like?? So sad!

I'm just surprised that she ended up so close to the church. I wonder why they went down Newcombe Dr? Hopefully, there are some people that are looking at the video on their home security systems.

I was surprised by the female reporters question asking if the LE officer had any reason to believe that Zoe was pregnant. Where did that come from?

That was just tacky. I appreciated that the LE officer shut that line of questioning down. I think her question had more to do with the thought that this was not a random killing. I originally thought Zoe might have met up with someone she knew, until this new info came came to light. Now it does seem random. Especially the drive down Newcombe. Newcombe exits onto Gus Thomasson, which turns into Easton. It might have been pure chance that she was left so close to the church.

Just got caught up. Now I am wondering if the man she was talking to in the parking lot was a member of her church and asked for a ride?

I still can't get over such a brutal murder.

Why? It sounds like some kind of rage.

I too CANNOT believe no video in such a neighborhood over a RedBox and Walgreens parking lot.

Why don't these cameras work. It's always the same old story. The camera didn't work.

But looking up and down that street there are lots of businesses that must have cameras.

Hopefully some cautious homeowner in the area will provide good tape to LE.

Poor Zoe.

Note: I just watched the news conference again. They asked about video and he said 'not at this time'. Kind of gives me hope they do have something. MOO

I missed the press conference. I see they have listed race, weight, and height of the person of interest. Have they listed an approximate age? I am wondering if he was close to Zoe's age or an older man.

What's crazy is this Ex black football player from A&M murdered a jogger that same day that girl was killed. I wonder if he killed her too.

What's crazy is this Ex black football player from A&M murdered a jogger that same day that girl was killed. I wonder if he killed her too.

Maybe, especially since he is (or was when he played for A&M) close to the height and weight description of the suspect. Although, I don't understand why he wouldn't tell them if he actually did it, considering he called the police on himself when he killed that poor man.

So the perp is a 5'10 Black male approx 170 lbs and a witness saw her slide over and he got in and took the driver side.

Then an accident happened after he was driving at a speed limit sign near Peavy & Newcomb where one witness heard it, then spoke to someone else who had seen it & they have not yet located that individual who saw the accident but are looking.
for her.

DPD requesting neighbors in area of accident with sign to check home security footage for possible footage.

And NO damn video from redbox or walgreens of them in parking lot.

Why do these damn businesses not keep their security in working order?

But ....there are witnesses and a description.

Kathy

BBM The LEO never said the Walgreens or Redbox security cameras were not working. A male reporter asked if there was video from Walgreens that captured what the female witness saw. "The Officer said "Not at this point".

I am not convinced that the witness saw Zoe. According to the witness there was not a struggle. The women just moved over to the passenger side.

Very vague press conference IMO.

BBM The LEO never said the Walgreens or Redbox security cameras were not working. A male reporter asked if there was video from Walgreens that captured what the female witness saw. "The Officer said "Not at this point".

I am not convinced that the witness saw Zoe. According to the witness there was not a struggle. The women just moved over to the passenger side.

I agree on the video.

The woman witness said a blonde woman in a white van at that time Zoe would have been there so I am thinking that is correct.

She's probably scared to death.

Agree that the press conference was a little vague. However, the perp likely had a weapon and threatened to use it if she said a word. The fact she did not struggle could be indicative of this persons evil intimidation. She was young and likely a gentle soul (from what I have read from this thread), so she may have froze in place, slid over and remained silent. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thinking....if the man came up and told her someone from her family was hurt, and said he would drive her to them, I could see her trusting him and sliding over. Especially if she knew him,, or was familiar with him. If he said the right words, and if someone she loved was in danger....

If the car drove off in a different direction from where the car was found, there is a larger window of time for searching for witnesses.

Do they have a time of death?

And I am still very uncomfortable with the difference in descriptions of Zoe, as shared by LE and by the man who was driving his daughter to school and found Zoe after the other man alerted him. His description of her (curled up, looking for help) raised a lot of questions for me..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back