TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
****UPDATE, 1000 HRS, October 22, 2016****
SEARCH CONTINUES FOR ZUZU. MORE CREWS, INCLUDING AIR AND GROUND, CONTINUE SEARCHING THE AREA FOR ANY CLUES THAT MAY LEAD TO ZUZU’S WHEREABOUTS. LAW ENFORCEMENT AND PROFESSIONAL SEARCH CREWS ARE INVOLVED IN THE SEARCH. INVESTIGATORS ARE ACTIVELY WORKING ON LEADS THAT HAVE DEVELOPED OVERNIGHT. TIPS CONTINUE TO COME IN WHICH INVESTIGATORS ARE FOLLOWING UP ON AS WELL.
https://www.facebook.com/alpinetxpd/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

BBM - hoping for the best.....

I have to agree with the consensus here regarding RF's FB photos, especially the one where he's pointing at the camera......that one gives me the creeps.

I also agree with the general consensus here. His FB photos totally creep me out. Add in the complete refusal on his part to help in the investigation and he just makes my skin crawl.

A drone would be a good start to cover that area, but you need some canines as well. We've got some expert trackers who pop in on these threads, maybe we can get one of them to weigh in on the best approach for this type of terrain.

Dogs are invaluable and I hope they were used immediately. But once ZuZu was in a vehicle I'm not sure that air scent dogs could track her. I wonder if they can track specific vehicles! To find a deliberately buried body, they do need a tip about the general area according to this interesting link about how air scent dogs work. So I think they would need a specific reason to search that area off 118, even though it's a good guess. They are also very useful in wooded areas where drones can't be used.

http://www.vsrda.org/about-vsrda/using-air-scent-dogs

Unlike all the other postings, I looked at RF's page and his pics and didn't see evil or nefarious. His eyes may look "different" because he appears to be of mixed heritages. I saw a fellow who was bright enough to study chemistry, and has been apparently holding down a good job for several years. I saw a picture of him in a suit looking respectable.
This doesn't mean he didn't harm ZuZu, I'm just saying I don't see the devil incarnate as some of you are.

This being said, LE has a pretty good track record of being right when they name a POI, and that fact the fellow has clammed up is not a good sign at all.
If he finds his way to this thread, I would tell him....."R", if you harmed Zuzu, you need to be a man and do the right thing. Your lawyer can make all sorts of maneuvers that will delay the inevitable, and your family will go broke and lose everything paying to defend you. Everything they've worked their whole lives for. Don't let this happen. Be a man, and take care of this....like a man.

Dogs are invaluable and I hope they were used immediately. But once ZuZu was in a vehicle I'm not sure that air scent dogs could track her. I wonder if they can track specific vehicles! To find a deliberately buried body, they do need a tip about the general area according to this interesting link about how air scent dogs work. So I think they would need a specific reason to search that area off 118, even though it's a good guess. They are also very useful in wooded areas where drones can't be used.

http://www.vsrda.org/about-vsrda/using-air-scent-dogs

I was referencing cadaver dogs. : (

Hi Lilibet, just jumping in here for a sec to respond to your post. Yes, TM knows how to do it; TES actually deployed a drone in the search for Christina Morris, IIRC.

Thanks! I didn't follow that case, so I'm glad to know that a drone was used. Here is a list of TXEQ capabilities...probably a partial list. What an asset they are to LE!

"Our resources range from horse and rider teams to foot searchers and ATVs. We conduct water searches using boats, divers and sonar equipment. Additionally, we perform air searches using planes, helicopters and small drone airplanes with highly sophisticated cameras. We have also utilized infrared and night vision cameras, along with ground penetration units in some of our searches. Texas EquuSearch has more resources than most law enforcement agencies, which allows law enforcement to conduct their investigation, while Texas EquuSearch conducts organized searches."

http://www.texasequusearch.org/about/

I was referencing cadaver dogs. : (

Yes, I realize that. :( I believe that air scent dogs specialize and are trained for different things, including cadaver search. In any case, according to the link I posted above, a dog would need an actual tip regarding a general area to search for a cadaver. I'm sure the investigators are probably working hard to get that narrowed down.

Here is more information about the various kinds of scent dogs. Fascinating.
http://animals.howstuffworks.com/animal-facts/sar-dog2.htm

I find his pictures interesting. I've never understood the whole "selfie" thing. But I have to wonder why a man would think to take a selfie of himself in a bathroom while at a wedding. It's like, he goes to the bathroom, looks in the mirror, and thinks...."Man am I ever hot I'm gonna take pic and upload to FB right now". To me it's weird for a man to do this. To me it says he thinks he's pretty hot stuff, manly, handsome, full of himself. But it also may give away issues with self esteem and the need to prove himself. I sense that his ego his huge and any girl may be in trouble if she rejects him. JMO

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I've not seen any reference to it here. Zuzu's ex BF states that she told him that she was feeling unsafe and wanted to change schools. Telling if this is in fact true.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/texas/212189347-story

The woman’s former boyfriend, Tony Alvarez, says police did not talk to him.He says the last time he talked to her, she had expressed that she was feeling unsafe.

Alvarez says he spoke to her two weeks ago and told him she wanted to transfer schools. She also talked about her current boyfriend said she was feeling unsafe.

"She just wanted to be somewhere new, that she kind of was in Alpine for a while and just wanted to have something different,” Alvarez recalled.

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I've not seen any reference to it here. Zuzu's ex BF states that she told him that she was feeling unsafe and wanted to change schools. Telling if this is in fact true.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/texas/212189347-story

You're forgiven. :) IIRC It was mentioned briefly without much discussion. But yes, it is very telling. Her instincts or clear evidence must have been telling her she needed to get away. I wonder what caused her to feel that way. How sad that she didn't get away in time, apparently. I don't think she's in hiding slmewhere.

You're forgiven. :) IIRC It was mentioned briefly without much discussion. But yes, it is very telling. Her instincts or clear evidence must have been telling her she needed to get away. I wonder what caused her to feel that way. How sad that she didn't get away in time, apparently. I don't think she's in hiding slmewhere.

Thanks. :blushing: I don't think she's in hiding as well. She was clearly taken/abducted. It's the only explanation for her dog being left to wander alone with its leash still attached. I do wonder if RF was involved in drug dealing (cartel ties?) and she was taken as payback or until money owed was paid. It would explain LE stating that they believe Zuzu is still alive and that RF has information that can help them find her. It's either that or he killed her. MOO.

2005 Ford F-150 impounded. Alpine Police Department is seeking additional information related to the disappearance of Zuzu Verk. This vehicle is in the custody of Alpine Police Department. A search warrant has been obtained and a forensic team is now processing the vehicle for evidence. Law Enforcement is seeking information about this vehicle’s movement during the early morning hours of Wednesday, October 12, 2016. This vehicle is described a 2005 Ford F-150 grey in color and may have had the magnetic decals removed during the time in question. If you have information, you are urged to contact Alpine Police Department at (432) 837-3486.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1498.jpg
    IMG_1498.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 340
U Construction:

http://www.manta.com/c/mbyqrgg/u-construction-llc

http://listings.findthecompany.com/l/24651312/U-Construction-Llc-in-Alpine-TX

3003 Peach Tree Cir
Alpine, Texas 79830-1205

check out the street view, address is a residence with. Dumpster at end of driveway. I don't know how to copy it.

If you look at the bottom of my link, there is the name associated with this company.

ETA: The name is on the second link, too.

I find his pictures interesting. I've never understood the whole "selfie" thing. But I have to wonder why a man would think to take a selfie of himself in a bathroom while at a wedding. It's like, he goes to the bathroom, looks in the mirror, and thinks...."Man am I ever hot I'm gonna take pic and upload to FB right now". To me it's weird for a man to do this. To me it says he thinks he's pretty hot stuff, manly, handsome, full of himself. But it also may give away issues with self esteem and the need to prove himself. I sense that his ego his huge and any girl may be in trouble if she rejects him. JMO

For a lot of people (men and women both) selfies are a confidence booster. Having a particularly good hair day? SELFIE! Lost a few pounds since your last profile pic update? SELFIE! I know it may sound silly but that's why a lot of people take them & post them. I've seen his pics and wasn't really impressed one way or the other. The fact that he's not cooperating with LE or even reaching out to ZV's family says a heck of a lot more to me than his selfies do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member