TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW Gardener! That timeline is impressive. Thank you for always being so diligent and helpful. You are amazing. :loveyou:

:blushing: Thanks. This one took me a few hours to compile, which is why it was posted in the early morning hours and why I have a coffee IV this morning, lol. SO MANY news sources reporting on Zuzu, I may not have got them all but I reached a point where I think I found every one with important info (most news stories were repeats). If anyone sees anything major that I missed please let me know. I expect (and hope) there will be a ton of updates in the days to come.

#findzuzu

Who last saw ZuZu at 3:00 am on 10/12?

Who last saw ZuZu at 3:00 am on 10/12?

I was thinking about this exact question this morning. Who saw her and what were the circumstances
that made the person notice her?

Just caught up, marking my spot and will be back after giving it some thought. We truly have some amazing sleuths here, the work y'all put in is astounding!

Keller vigil planned tonight for Zuzu Verk as search continues

The latest updates from the Alpine Police Department were posted on Facebook on Sunday, stating that investigators have reviewed hundreds of hours of surveillance videos. The videos "have provided key evidence in the investigation," the Facebook page says. Police also took a white 2016 mustang, calling it "a key piece of evidence in this case."

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article110095412.html

As we sit hear waiting for word regarding Zuzu, I find myself holding my breathing and believing that this might somehow bring her home alive. As tortured and helpless as we feel, I know we are not feeling even a 10th of what Zuzu's parents must be feeling right now. Praying right now against all odds that Alpine PD is able to bring Zuzu home to her family alive!

:blushing: Thanks. This one took me a few hours to compile, which is why it was posted in the early morning hours and why I have a coffee IV this morning, lol. SO MANY news sources reporting on Zuzu, I may not have got them all but I reached a point where I think I found every one with important info (most news stories were repeats). If anyone sees anything major that I missed please let me know. I expect (and hope) there will be a ton of updates in the days to come.

#findzuzu

Very much appreciated Gardener!! I added your timeline to the map https://drive.google.com/open?id=19RLQS68va30_91opQbe2DdU5BRU&usp=sharing

You weren't wrong about the amount of media reports! I put the timeline and the media links on separate layers because there are so many! Hope it looks alright !

What are the odds that ZuZu is captive in a remote cabin (or some other hidey hole)? If so, since she clearly can't escape, she probably can't feed herself either. If that is the case.... it's been 14 days now. :(

What are the odds that ZuZu is captive in a remote cabin (or some other hidey hole)? If so, since she clearly can't escape, she probably can't feed herself either. If that is the case.... it's been 14 days now. :(

IMO if she is alive it is more likely "someone" (ahem, RF) sold her into human trafficking than that the POI put her in a remote cabin somewhere. I suppose it is possible he thought more time would pass before anyone missed her and with the camping trip planned for friday he may have seen it as a perfect plan to kidnap her and take her to a cabin for the weekend--her parents would just think she went camping early and not miss her right away. But he had to know she had a midterm on Wed and had to work Wed too. He had to know she would be missed right away and that is why this doesn't feel premeditated to me. I just can't shake the feeling he killed her in anger and hid her body somewhere. Maybe the police have not yet found the right vehicle. Maybe he stole a vehicle, hid her body using the stolen vehicle, pushed the car over a cliff or into a lake somewhere and then called someone who drives one of the other vehicles (truck or mustang) to come get him. IDK.

I don't put much hope that she was sold into human trafficking.

RF + Zulu had been a couple and he had professed his love to her (according to her dad). What are the chances that he would sell someone he cared about into trafficking? I dont think there is much chance. Maybe sell a stranger? Yes. Absolutely. But to sell someone who he loved? I just dont think so.

If the reports of them arguing in the movie and then leaving early are true, then I think this definitely points into the direction of him getting angry and hurting her (maybe not intending to kill her). But then maybe things went too far? Though I would hope if it were an accident he would be more helpful that he is currently being.

I don't put much hope that she was sold into human trafficking.

RF + Zulu had been a couple and he had professed his love to her (according to her dad). What are the chances that he would sell someone he cared about into trafficking? I dont think there is much chance. Maybe sell a stranger? Yes. Absolutely. But to sell someone who he loved? I just dont think so.

If the reports of them arguing in the movie and then leaving early are true, then I think this definitely points into the direction of him getting angry and hurting her (maybe not intending to kill her). But then maybe things went too far? Though I would hope if it were an accident he would be more helpful that he is currently being.

While I agree with you that I don't think trafficking is likely in Zuzu's case, I just want to point out that in a lot of human trafficking cases the perp does not just grab a random girl off the street. Pimps start out by telling a girl they love her and treat her like a princess, until they ask her to start having sex with their friends. Usually by that point the girls have been isolated and led to believe their family doesn't care about them or that the people who have them will hurt their family if they try to escape. The girls are broken down mentally to accept their new life as reality. Even if they escape, they face a stigma of what they have done and may feel too ashamed to return home. They may appear to participate "willingly" in this profession because of what has been done to them and what they fear will be done to them or to their family if they don't continue. It's a horrible, terrible crime happening daily all across the country and around the world. Just pointing out that in many cases it starts with the lie of "love" and girls who don't feel loved at home are more vulnerable. This is not Zuzu at all, IMO but I felt the need to say all this. Stepping off the soap box now. Thanks for reading.

#findzuzu

Another story posted overnight, haven't seen it posted yet.

http://www.yourbasin.com/news/verks-father-we-just-want-to-be-able-to-fill-in-the-gaps

"It's frustrating for us to characterize that as cooperating." Glenn Verk said after hearing Rogers make a claim of cooperation.

MOO - In reference to the claim of cooperation made by POI's attorney, I think Mr. Verk is being extremely generous. Lack of any statement, interview, meeting with LE, etc,
only adds fuel to the fire. Praying for Zuzu's safe return.

Hi Everyone,

Medic323 is now a verified insider in Zuzu's case.

Please treat medic323 with respect.

Remember medic323 does not need to provide links to her posts and it's up to you whether to believe what medic323 posts or not.

Thank you

The rainfall this year has been unusually high and the grass and brush is far taller than usual. The Davis Mountains are indeed more remote and with far less cell phone signal or Internet. They'd be an ideal place to hide, but you risk being pulled over by LE on the 30 mile drive there.

US Border Patrol has a very significant presence in Alpine; less so in the Davis Mountains, but it's there. They have a lot of canine resources that could be used if locations are narrowed down. They routinely patrol all of Brewster County. They will be coordinating with other LE.

I am a very frequent visitor to the area and a parent of two similarly-aged daughters.

About the likelihood of being pulled over by LE. Very unlikely. Unless you are grossly speeding or driving erratically. We have only a handful of officers patrolling an extremely large swath of road. At night, it is common for our on-call deputy to not be in Fort Davis.

Hi Everyone,

Remember medic323 does not need to provide links to her posts and it's up to you whether to believe what medic323 posts or not.

Thank you
:welcome: Welcome medic323! Sorry this case is what brought you to WS but I'm glad you are here. I look forward to reading what you have to share!

#findzuzu

Hi Everyone,

Thank you

Yay Medic!!! Thanks for going through the process.:loveyou:

Unsure if y'all have seen this, but Texas Equusearch has left as of last night. Today they are using two separate drones in an attempt to locate ZuZu.

Praying for a break...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member