TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a PHARMACY TECH he would have had easy access to drugs.....so my post is still relevant.
I did not and would not say anybody's post was irrelevant. It's rarely true, and would be rude to state in any case. Scroll and roll is easier, IMO.

Rather, as a pharmacy tech, the POI (or any other technician) would NOT be given easy access to any drugs of abuse. That is a pharmacist's job, for which s/he has an advanced degree, an expensive license and insurance, and every possible motivation to watch supplies like a hawk lest s/he lose license, livelihood, and likely, their freedom. Counts of controlled drugs are performed several times per day by two people for verification. It's serious business, with the government looking over their shoulder every step of the way.

And jumping off of this post, may I sincerely suggest that members read their own posts out loud before hitting the send button. I've seen a few new people jumped in threads lately (*not* by you, sevengirl, not implying that) when perhaps that was not the poster's intent. It only takes a few seconds to be kind.

Evidence was taken from the carpet of the Mustang and sent to a forensics lab in El Paso. The owner was questioned and released.

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Blog-Search-continues-for-missing-Alpine-student-397314771.html

The owner of the mustang has been adamement that he only drove around with RF on Wednesday night. I would like to know if he picked him up at a location other than his home that night. They do not live in the same town. Who initiated the drive and where exactly did they go? And like you, I suspect they're testing for blood, dirt or residue from RF's shoes. MOO.

The owner of the mustang has been adamement that he only drove around with RF on Wednesday night. I would like to know if he picked him up at a location other than his home that night. They do not live in the same town. Who initiated the drive and where exactly did they go? And like you, I suspect they're testing for blood, dirt or residue from RF's shoes. MOO.

You might ask him. He is freely answering anyone's questions. He's answered mine on his fb page

I live about an hour and a half from Alpine. We're all hanging on the edges of our seats out in this part of the state. It just occurred to me that there might be a WS thread on her. So glad there is! Praying she's found safe.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

I live about an hour and a half from Alpine. We're all hanging on the edges of our seats out in this part of the state. It just occurred to me that there might be a WS thread on her. So glad there is! Praying she's found safe.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Thanks for joining us, SavetheQueen. :seeya:

If I ever go missing, I want the Alpine LE crew to be looking for me. They are showing everyone how it's done. Giddy up!

I am from Odessa TX - a little over 2 hours north of Alpine. Odessa is the city where CBS7, that is doing a ton of the reports referenced in this forum for sweet Zuzu. I am holding onto hope that maybe just maybe she is being held captive somewhere. With it being deer season (Archery) I hope the extra traffic with the hunters is aiding in the search. Deer Season opens up to rifles November 5th if I'm not mistaken.
I have seen a few people ask about cabins and shelters scattered around the area. The answer is yes!! YES!! That is where my hope is! I am attaching a link below of some "cabins" that people rent out to give you an idea of a small part of what is out there. I used to have a friend that owned several cabins in Fort Davis, not far from Alpine. It is not unusual for these places to sit for weeks at a time. They are generally busy during the winter and holidays. On a semi positive note. It has been unseasonably warmer in our area than usual, it does get cooler in the mountains at night, but it has not been freezing yet. Prayers for Zuzu [emoji120]

https://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/texas/big-bend-country/alpine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am from Odessa TX - a little over 2 hours north of Alpine. Odessa is the city where CBS7, that is doing a ton of the reports referenced in this forum for sweet Zuzu. I am holding onto hope that maybe just maybe she is being held captive somewhere. With it being deer season (Archery) I hope the extra traffic with the hunters is aiding in the search. Deer Season opens up to rifles November 5th if I'm not mistaken.
I have seen a few people ask about cabins and shelters scattered around the area. The answer is yes!! YES!! That is where my hope is! I am attaching a link below of some "cabins" that people rent out to give you an idea of a small part of what is out there. I used to have a friend that owned several cabins in Fort Davis, not far from Alpine. It is not unusual for these places to sit for weeks at a time. They are generally busy during the winter and holidays. On a semi positive note. It has been unseasonably warmer in our area than usual, it does get cooler in the mountains at night, but it has not been freezing yet. Prayers for Zuzu [emoji120]

Welcome :seeya: and thanks for the hopeful information. CBS7 has done a great job by the way.

Her mother did an interview with Fox4: http://www.fox4news.com/news/213242174-story

Also from that link, an interesting tidbit:
Police have released pictures of a Jeep and a Miata, which a friend says is Zuzu's car, as well as a F-150 and now a Ford mustang. Online records show the F-150 belongs to a family member of Fabian, although police have not confirmed that.

BBM.
I know rumors have already alluded to this but now it is in the press and we can talk about it here.

Hello to you over in Odessa! I am forever bonded to Odessa. I delivered my daughter there, since her dad was out in Fort Stockton for work temporarily. Spent a lot of time in Ft. Stockton & McCamey (sp?) areas. I think you bring up a very good point about hunting season. I noticed so many hunting ranches/ deer leases while out there. There were also many "high fence" areas for purposes of keeping deer within the perimeters. There have to be so many deer cameras out there right now for deer hunting. My significant other is from Texas and he put his cameras out at his moms house back in the beginning of Sept to start getting a good idea of what's out there. Wonder if LE put out an announcement to the public to have the hunter community check those deer cameras. Can't hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her mother did an interview with Fox4: http://www.fox4news.com/news/213242174-story

Also from that link, an interesting tidbit:

BBM.
I know rumors have already alluded to this but now it is in the press and we can talk about it here.
BBM

Not disagreeing but just noting the irony that internet sources (rumors) we can't use on WS become "OK" to use if MSM reveals info from the same sources. :confused: The police have not verified that the owner of the gray pickup is a relative of RF. Do we go with MSM reporting rumors or do we wait for LE to confirm? Decisions, decisions. :thinking: :D

Hello to you over in Odessa! I am forever bonded to Odessa. I delivered my daughter there, since her dad was out in Fort Stockton for work temporarily. Spent a lot of time in Ft. Stockton & McCamey (sp?) areas. I think you bring up a very good point about hunting season. I noticed so many hunting ranches/ deer leases while out there. There were also many "high fence" areas for purposes of keeping deer within the perimeters. There have to be so many deer cameras out there right now for deer hunting. My significant other is from Texas and he put his cameras out at his moms house back in the beginning of Sept to start getting a good idea of what's out there. Wonder if LE put out an announcement to the public to have the hunter community check those deer cameras. Can't hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a great idea! People definitely need to check their game cameras!

BBM

Not disagreeing but just noting the irony that internet sources (rumors) we can't use on WS become "OK" to use if MSM reveals info from the same sources. :confused: The police have not verified that the owner of the gray pickup is a relative of RF. Do we go with MSM reporting rumors or do we wait for LE to confirm? Decisions, decisions. :thinking: :D

Hmmmmm... there is a comment on the FB post of Alpine PD IIRC showing the Truck being towed away, the Sister of RF is commenting on there that it is her husbands truck, and that they are cooperating fully with the investigation.

BBM

I get what you are saying and I agree, but technically the news article was not reporting it from the same sources (as a rumor from facebook). They reportedly got their info from "Online records" which I interpret to mean vehicle property records. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit though to think they looked up the vehicle owner and figured out he was likely related to RF. Either way, it may not be long before the press has an interview with others who know the owner of the truck and they will confirm it as well.

I get what you are saying and I agree, but technically the news article was not reporting it from the same sources (as a rumor from facebook). They reportedly got their info from "Online records" which I interpret to mean vehicle property records. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit though to think they looked up the vehicle owner and figured out he was likely related to RF. Either way, it may not be long before the press has an interview with others who know the owner of the truck and they will confirm it as well.

Yeah, I thought the news people might have looked at vehicle property records, but I didn't give them credit for that kind of diligence. :) And the truck ownership no doubt will be made public.

Not to be a rule stickler and I've certainly broken this WS rule myself, but probably not everyone knows or remembers that mentioning comments that aren't made by the owner of the FB page or other site is off limits. That keeps rumors off WS that may not be true and keeps it a classy site. Of course we all know that some of the comments are true and we're itching to talk about them. Hence my "decisions, decisions" comment about the info in the news article. 'Nuf said. Carry on. :D

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Zuzu Verk Timeline

Sometime around May 2016- Zuzu first dates RF (Multiple media reports after her Oct disappearance say he is her boyfriend of 6 months).

1 May to August 2016- Zuzu worked with the Borderlands Research Institute and Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to study the survival rate of pronghorn fawns in the Trans-Pecos/Marfa Plateau area.

June 2016- Zuzu made the Dean’s List at Sul Ross University.

23 Sept 2016- Zuzu and 10 other students presented their results at the 2nd annual Borderlands Research Institute Undergraduate Research Symposium. The symposium was held at the Turner Range Animal Science Center.

11 Oct 2016, Evening- Zuzu and her on-again off-again boyfriend RF went to the movies w/a group of friends at the Rangra theater.

12 Oct 2016- Zuzu was last seen on Harrison Street around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday morning just before she went missing (CBS7).

12 Oct 2016, Morning- There was an unconfirmed sighting of Zuzu at Stripes Convenience Store with an unknown man (CBS7, Bigbendnow)

12 Oct 2016- ZuZu's dog was reported running around near her apartment on Wednesday with its leash on. Animal control came, found the dog and put it in her fenced yard (CBS7 video).

12 Oct 2016- Zuzu did not show up for a midterm exam at Sul Ross State University.

12 Oct 2016- Zuzu did not show up for work at Sul Ross Borderlands Research Institute (BRI).

14 Oct 2016- Zuzu's mother says that she still hadn't heard from her come Friday. She then called Zuzu's boyfriend, who said he also hadn't heard from her. Zuzu's boyfriend said she never showed up for her mid-term exam on Wednesday and she missed her shift at work. (CBS7).

14 Oct 2016- Zuzu’s mother called police to report her missing (CBS7).

14 Oct 2016- Zuzu and her friends were planning to go camping in Big Bend National Park on Friday just after mid-terms (CBS7).

14 Oct 2016- Zuzu’s mother tells CBS7 that her phone is dead. CBS7 tried to contact Alpine PD for comment on the story but a dispatcher said they were “too busy” and hung up.

14 Oct 2016- A family friend plans to put up missing signs in the Midland-Odessa area (CBS7).

15 Oct 2016- Police report they have a POI but do not release a name (Newswest9).

15 Oct 2016- Alpine trash services limited in handling and disposal in case police need to go back to look for clues (CBS7).

15 Oct 2016- Zuzu’s father arrives in Alpine to search.

16 Oct 2016- Police tape off Zuzu’s home to process for evidence and impound her car. Pictures of her car at her apt published by CBS7.

16 Oct 2016- Alpine police ask for anyone who saw a 2006 gray Jeep Liberty or a 2004 Mazda Miata convertible with a beige top being driven between midnight and 10 a.m. on Wed., Oct. 12.

16 Oct 2016- Volunteers met at the Alpine fire station at 208 E. Holland (CBS7). Zuzu's family & police led dozens through streets, alleys and other areas in search. Friends also searched the Trans-Pecos area.

16 Oct 2016- Helicopters, search dogs and 100 to 150 people from the Alpine community helped search. The an El Paso Customs and Border Protection covered the outlying areas of Alpine, while volunteers search areas where Zuzu would walk her dog or hike trails, as she is known to be an avid hiker (CBS7).

16 Oct 2016- The manager of Stripes confirms they turned over CCTV to Alpine PD (CBS7).

17 Oct 2016- No search was planned unless police received further info (CBS7).

17 Oct 2016- Zuzu’s mother arrives in Alpine to search.

17 Oct 2016- The Brewster County Sheriff's Office asked area ranchers and land owners to check their property for any suspicious signs of disturbed earth, personal items on the ground, anything that might raise your suspicions that it may need to be investigated further (BCSO FB, CBS7).

18 Oct 2016, 10:30 AM- $7,500 reward offered for info leading to her whereabouts or safe return.

18 Oct 2016- Alpine PD continue searching in the Alpine area, with aircraft from US Customs and Border Protection assisting in the search (CBS7).

18 Oct 2016- Members of the Texas Equusearch are also expected to arrive in Alpine to assist in the search soon (CBS7).

18 Oct 2016, 4:30 PM- Reward increased to $17,500 offered by Alpine police for info leading to her location or safe return.

18 Oct 2016- LE officers in aircraft and volunteers on foot searched in the area near Alpine (KTXS).

18 Oct 2016- In an interview, her former HS boyfriend (TA) from Keller, TX says he spoke to Zuzu two weeks ago and told him she wanted to transfer schools. She also talked to TA about her
current boyfriend (RF) and said she was feeling unsafe (Fox4).

19 Oct 2016, 9:50 AM- Alpine PD announced the search area has been expanded to include the areas of Fort Davis, Marathon, Marfa, Presidio County, and South Brewster County.

19 Oct 2016- Several law enforcement agencies assisting with the expanded search, including DPS, Texas Parks and Wildlife, the Texas Forest Service, the Department of Corrections, the National Parks Service, and the DEA.

19 Oct 2016. 9:30 AM- The reward increased to $30,000.

19 Oct 2016, midday- LE took evidence out of the apt belonging to Zuzu's boyfriend. The boyfriend is listed as a Person of Interest. He has not been officially identified. The boyfriend was taken in for questioning at some point but later released after he got an attorney. The boyfriend has not helped with the search (CBS 7).

19 Oct 2016- Search teams covered over 200 sq miles since the search began. 120 personnel assisted in the search, not including specialized search and rescue teams.

19 Oct 2016- According to the Alpine PD, a page has been started to assist the Verk Family with costs. You can find that page here.

20 Oct 2016 -Additional agencies joined in the search covering the newly expanded search area. APD is following up on leads that have developed during the investigation and are continuing to receive tips on the case. APD continue to interview witnesses (CBS7, APD FB).

20 Oct 2016 -Sul Ross State University President Dr. Bill Kibler released a statement on the search.

20 Oct 2016- The reward has risen to $50,000.

21 Oct 2016, 11:30 AM- Press conference w/LE and Zuzu’s family; LE said they have a POI, Zuzu’s boyfriend who was not cooperating, LE did not name the POI; Zuzu’s father and brother called the POI by his first name, Robert, and begged him to tell what he knows and help APD find Zuzu.

21 Oct 2016- LE have interviewed over 100 potential witnesses and executed “a dozen” search warrants, in which time they have amassed forensic evidence including computers, cell phones, and vehicles.

21 Oct 2016, 2:30 PM- The reward has increased to $100,000 for info.

21 Oct 2016, 4:00 PM, Sul Ross State University President Kibler held a campus wide meeting for faculty, staff & students to address safety & security in the Morgan University Center Espino Conference Rooms.

21 Oct 2016, 5:00 PM- A prayer vigil was held at the building across from Porter's that used to house the Alpine Christian School.

21 Oct 2016- Students, faculty and staff from the university joined in the voluntary search coordinated through police-- LE has searched over 400 square acres in the air, on foot and on horseback for Zuzu. (Fox4)

21 Oct 2016- The Texas Rangers, Homeland Security and FBI are also involved in the investigation. (Fox4) Assisting in the search are two professional search agencies, Texas Search and Rescue and Equusearch, along with the Brewster County Sheriff's Office, Reeves County Sheriff’s Office, Pecos County Sheriff’s Office, Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Parks And Wildlife, Texas Forest Service, U.S. Border Patrol, U.S. Customs and Border Protection Air and Marine, Texas Department of Corrections, National Park Service and the DEA (NBC DFW).

21 Oct 2016- Flight crews from El Paso Air and Marine Operations (AMO), Alpine Air Unit, are conducting additional aerial searches this week.

21 Oct 2016- Zuzu’s family and the press identify Zuzu’s boyfriend and the POI as RF.

22 Oct 2016- APD impounds a Dark Grey 2005 Ford F-150 with magnetic decals for U-Construction on it. LE is seeking information about this vehicle’s movement during the early morning hours of Wednesday, October 12. The magnetic decals may have been removed during the time in question. A search warrant has been obtained and a forensic team is now processing the vehicle for evidence.

22 Oct 2016- air, ground and professional searches continued.

23 Oct 2016- LE request residents with private CCTV from the early morning hours of Wednesday, October 12, 2016, contact the PD. Alpine PD reviewing hundreds of hours of surveillance video from businesses and private citizens with CCTV. The videos have provided key evidence with the investigation (Newswest9).

23 Oct 2016- LE released photos of a 2016 White Ford Mustang and ask for anyone who saw it being driven between the hours of midnight Wed. October 12 through Thursday morning October 13[SUP]th[/SUP] to call police. The vehicle is in custody at Alpine PD. The license plate number is HTV-1076 (CBS7).

23 Oct 2016- LE took evidence from the carpet of the impounded White Mustang and it was sent off to a forensic lab in El Paso. The owner of the White Mustang was questioned, then released (CBS7).

23 Oct 2016- Zuzu’s mother asks for prayer for a miracle and that Zuzu will be found alive (Dallas News).

24 Oct 2016, 7:30 PM- A candlelight vigil for Verk is scheduled for Monday at Bear Creek Park, 400 Bear Creek Park Road in Keller (Star Telegram).

Media Links:
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Al...ng-possibly-endangered-student-397143381.html
https://m.facebook.com/CBS7News/posts/10154656705134533
http://www.wfaa.com/news/alpine-police-searching-for-missing-student/336371216
http://www.ktxs.com/news/searchers-seek-missing-22-year-old-west-texas-university-student/124927797
http://www.newswest9.com/story/33398449/alpine-police-searching-for-missing-22-year-old-woman
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/397208071.html
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/397228351.html
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Se...ok-for-missing-Alpine-student--397242881.html
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/397236881.html
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/398037291.html
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Stripes-Convenience-Store-helping-search-efforts--397239981.html
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Al...hicles-involving-missing-woman-397256351.html
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Blog-Search-continues-for-missing-Alpine-student-397314771.html
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/10/17/keller-family-desperate-to-find-missing-college-student/
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Coppell-Family--Searches-for-Missing-Woman-in-Alpine-397259291.html
http://www.newswest9.com/story/3345...man-investigators-checking-surveillance-video
http://www.fox4news.com/news/texas/212189347-story
http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/amo-searches-missing-sul-ross-state-university-student
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/397351721.html
http://www.elpasoproud.com/news/loc...-to-search-for-missing-sul-ross-state-student
http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/main-news/student-missing-from-west-texas-university
http://bigbendnow.com/2016/10/search-expands-for-missing-alpine-woman/
http://www.khou.com/news/local/texa...against-young-women-worry-advocates/339656237
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article109605952.html
http://bigbendnow.com/2016/10/famil...sks-boyfriend-to-co-operate-with-authorities/
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/10/20/reward-for-missing-college-student-now-50000/
http://www.kvia.com/news/texas/reward-for-missing-sul-ross-state-university-reaches-100k/129332986
http://www.yourbasin.com/news/reward-for-zuzu-verk-increased-to-100000
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/2...est-in-disappearance-texas-college-woman.html
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/398047601.html
http://www.wfaa.com/news/police-release-image-of-truck-in-verk-disappearance-case/340173072
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article109911447.html
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Reward-in-Zuzu-Verk-Case-Increased-to-50000-397917421.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...llege-student-22-went-missing-going-date.html
http://www.fox4news.com/news/212878353-story
http://www.kcentv.com/news/local/police-release-image-of-truck-in-verk-disappearance-case/340261431
http://www.kcentv.com/news/local/police-release-image-of-truck-in-verk-disappearance-case/340261431
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/miss...-area-woman-missing-west-texas-enters-7th-day
http://www.fox4news.com/news/213242174-story
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article110068217.html
http://www.texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/VerkZuzuRenee.pdf
http://www.oaoa.com/community/good_news/image_e9ddc826-956c-11e6-a3ce-7fcf5919e6a0.html
http://www.oaoa.com/community/good_news/article_6599b7c4-34c7-11e6-8e56-efa7e1ff3eb3.html
http://bri.sulross.edu/docs/undergrads/2015-2016/Zuzu_Verk16.pdf
https://www.facebook.com/alpinetxpd/
https://m.facebook.com/brewstercountytx/?refid=52
https://www.facebook.com/zuzu.verk?fref=ts

Lilibet, you are so right! I know we are all itching to discuss all this rapid succession developments, and that we are all worried about this lovely young gal. But you are right, we can only discuss info that is verified. This is serious stuff, with lives hanging in the balance, and we need to discuss this with the solemnity that a matter of this gravity deserves. The POI has not been arrested, and since he has not spoken we don't know his status. He's still a young man; I hope this doesn't end poorly for him either.

Logic tells me this isn't going to end well for either RF or Zuzu. But as long as no earthly remains have been recovered I am going to follow the request of Zuzu's mother and "pray for a miracle".
And that I am.

Come home Zuzu...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members