TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you said that about Stripes, Gig. I was starting to think of all kinds of theories like maybe he has a friend there that slips something in his girlfriends drink or food but you are probably right. With Alpine being such a small town it's probably just a regular place to stop.

Could this new car just be a car of someone else who went to the movies with Zuzu? If it's RF's friend, maybe he picked her up for the movies or if the rumors about RF and Zuzu getting into a fight at the movie are true, maybe she left the movies with someone else. Or that is the story they are telling...
If I was at the movies with a friend who went missing later that night, I don't think my car would get impounded. Yes, I'd let them search it, as many times as they wanted. But I can't imagine them leaving me car-less just because I was the last one to see someone.

I think the car was impounded because it showed up in the various surveillance videos along with the gray u-construction truck. I think they are honing in.

Yep! This well abled AlPine PD is putting the pieces together; quickly! I expect we will see arrests soon. Very soon.

https://twitter.com/allisonfox4news/status/790265665592565760

Allison Harris ‏@allisonfox4news 2m2 minutes ago
Zuzu Verk's mother posted to Facebook saying, "We need a miracle." She's asking for prayers to help police find her daughter.

CveV98wWgAAdIOu.jpg

If I was at the movies with a friend who went missing later that night, I don't think my car would get impounded. Yes, I'd let them search it, as many times as they wanted. But I can't imagine them leaving me car-less just because I was the last one to see someone.

I think the car was impounded because it showed up in the various surveillance videos along with the gray u-construction truck. I think they are honing in.

I agree that if you were just at the movies with her, no they would not have probable cause to impound it. But if you gave a friend a ride OR someone else was claiming you gave her a ride and then she disappeared, your car would have to be impounded to search for forensic evidence she was in it (hair, blood droplets, sweat, broken fingernails, prints) and to clear you of any foul play. As an innocent person, you wouldn't want them to just do a quick visual search inside and give you back the car. Yes, it's hugely inconvenient and a red flag they impounded his car but doesn't mean she was killed/transported after death in that car--they have seized 4 cars so far and it's hard to tell which one she was in at this time.

I do agree they are honing in and ramping up the investigation.

#findzuzu

Praying hard! Could she really still be alive? I'm back to thinking trafficking now. :scared::tantrum: #findzuzu

Idk what to think now but this has given me hope when I had lost it all!

:please: for Zuzu

CANDLELIGHT VIGIL MONDAY 7:30-8:30 p.m. Central Daylight Time AT ZUZU'S HIGH SCHOOL

It will be live on FB, so her family down in Alpine can feel the support.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1312004572183688/

Perhaps we can participate here on the thread. I've been part of "roll calls" during vigils on other threads and it's very powerful.

Here's how it works:
Figure out when 7:30-8:30 p.m. is in your time zone.
Post a message of support.
Give your location...as general or specific as you want (continent to city).
Add photos or emojis of your choice if you'd like.
If we find out that ZuZu has favorite color, we could change our font to that color.

Is that something we'd like to do?

As mentioned earlier, I frequent a coffee shop Zuzu and her friends spend time in. I've heard a lot of inconsistent gossip as well as some consistent stories. According to RF's neighbor, there was a lot of noise (loud television) coming from RF's apartment between midnight and 3am (he has spoken with LE about all of this) and then RF left for awhile (I do not know for how long or if he left alone). RF lives on Harrison (east side of town), Zuzu's house is on the west side of town, Stripes would be a stop along the way (for snacks, drinks, whatever). Knowing who she was seen at Stripes with would sure help piece things together. I suspect it was RF, since no reports have mentioned the "unidentified man" as being questioned and cleared.
There was another friend at the movie (very nice guy who was also questioned and cleared) that she had been starting to date. That would definitely fuel RF's jealousy and anger if he has a hard time with rejection.

I'm thinking that if she was with RF at Stripes, he was driving her home after arguing at his apt. If it was someone else, then somehow RF knew that she had just gotten home. Since they had been on/off and he was facing "competition" he could have been texting/calling to reconcile and went to her house to talk/confront (invited or not).

I really don't think this was random abduction. None of this feels premeditated and spontaneous late night trafficking would be a tough feat. She went missing in a only few hours early Weds morning. While everything we've learned about RF is hearsay, it definitely adds up to a crime of passion. The BOL's truck and the friend's Mustang are most likely involved in hiding the evidence. Because it is such a small town and everybody talks, I have a hard time believing the owners of the vehicles know much other than he possibly borrowed their cars.

I'd be upfront if that were the case, but no, nothing like that went on. It was actually her first night even having a drink in 4 years. She is the kindest, gentlest hearted girl, but believes the absolute best of everyone and that is why I volunteered to be her guardian for the night.

Sex trafficking is an issue here. I-10 from El Paso to Houston is the most majorly used trafficking road in the state of Texas. Not all that long ago, EMS worked a wreck approximately 30min from Fort Davis - there were 2 females and a male in the vehicle. One female had a tib/fib break in her leg, and the male tried to refuse care for her. Well, that is just not possible to do for someone who is severely injured that way, and she was taken by ambulance and flown out to Midland. The next day, she told folks at the hospital what was going on - her and her friend were being used for sex trafficking.
If it comes out that RF is not involved in this, my next thought is going to be on this scenario.

Thank you medic!

So I wasn't that far off with my thoughts about trafficking. Shall we hope or not hope that she was trafficked? :(

CANDLELIGHT VIGIL MONDAY 7:30-8:30 p.m. Central Daylight Time AT ZUZU'S HIGH SCHOOL

It will be live on FB, so her family down in Alpine can feel the support.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1312004572183688/

Perhaps we can participate here on the thread. I've been part of "roll calls" during vigils on other threads and it's very powerful.

Here's how it works:
Figure out when 7:30-8:30 p.m. is in your time zone.
Post a message of support.
Give your location...as general or specific as you want (continent to city).
Add photos or emojis of your choice if you'd like.
If we find out that ZuZu has favorite color, we could change our font to that color.

Is that something we'd like to do?

I'm in, I'll be here.

1:30-2:30am UK time

A cadaver dog would alert if shown the four cars and Zuzu was transported deceased in one of them, right?

I just had a thought

Maybe the evidence they got from Zuzu's dog was RF's fingerprints/DNA from the leash. Maybe he went and set the dog loose to throw suspicion off himself. Maybe prior to this LE believed she went missing whilst walking her dog but the results came back and sent them in a different direction (the BF) This would be about the time they searched his home too. (I think)

I'm in, I'll be here.

1:30-2:30am UK time

That's great Skibs. It's 5:30-6:30 pm on the US west coast. I'll be busy then, so I'll probably be a little late. My phone alarm will come in handy so I'm sure to remember.

I just had a thought

Maybe the evidence they got from Zuzu's dog was RF's fingerprints/DNA from the leash. Maybe he went and set the dog loose to throw suspicion off himself. Maybe prior to this LE believed she went missing whilst walking her dog but the results came back and sent them in a different direction (the BF) This would be about the time they searched his home too. (I think)

I would speculate he was lurking and saw her walking the dog and quickly subdued/snatched her. However, I'm trying to piece together how her car ended up where it did. Seems like we have a fleet of vehicles in this troubling saga.

A cadaver dog would alert if shown the four cars and Zuzu was transported deceased in one of them, right?

Depending on other factors, theoretically yes. I would also use luminol. LE has all sorts of sophisticated analysis methods these days. I fear they will find what we hope they don't.

I would speculate he was lurking and saw her walking the dog and quickly subdued/snatched her. However, I'm trying to piece together how her car ended up where it did. Seems like we have a fleet of vehicles in this troubling saga.

Wasn't her car found at her place?

You could be right that he was lurking and took her while she was walking her dog.

I could be wrong, but I thought her car was at home. At least that's where it was in the police tape picture. I assumed she either drove it home after the date or had been picked up and dropped off. The dog was found near her apartment. We don't know where she walked the dog. When she was seen at 3:30 a.m. on Harrison, no dog was mentioned.

I have a feeling that not all the vehicles were out and about during the hours LE asked about. The first vehicles asked about were ZuZu's and RF's. They may have been eliminated as tips came in, and the gray truck and Mustang were added. We may even hear about more vehicles before this is over. LE is doing a great and thorough job.

Is there already a timeline to accompany the case map? I'm curious about the times Zuzu and RF parted from the group of friends and the circumstances around the 3:00 am sighting, to the tie the dog was located. I can't figure out WHO saw her at 3:00 am so would love if someone reposted that as well.

I will work on one later tonight if there is not one already. Only reason I have not made one yet is the times and details have been very vague. I'm not sure we even know what time they went to the movies or what movie they went to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734