TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a lot of people (men and women both) selfies are a confidence booster. Having a particularly good hair day? SELFIE! Lost a few pounds since your last profile pic update? SELFIE! I know it may sound silly but that's why a lot of people take them & post them. I've seen his pics and wasn't really impressed one way or the other. The fact that he's not cooperating with LE or even reaching out to ZV's family says a heck of a lot more to me than his selfies do.

I agree. I'm not impressed one way or the other either. I just think that the type of selfies people take, where they take them and with whom, are a window into the person's make up. They can tell you many things about a person. I don't like that he's not co-operating either. That is more telling than anything else at this point.

I'm so in hopes of this new lead (or any lead!) steering LE in the right direction to find Zuzu. As devastated as I am over this story, I am SO proud of this dusty little town and all of Texas for coming together as they have. So many LE entities searching and investigating, the reward $, the way her family has been wrapped in love and support. It seems everything is being done that CAN be done.
I know that its highly unlikely that this precious young lady is alive at this point, but hang on honey. They're going to find you and may justice be served. Anxiously awaiting more news, thanks again for the updates everyone.

He has what I think of as cold eyes. His facial gestures mimic emotions, but do not show in his eyes. Gives me the creeps.

I know there's speculation about trafficking, but imho, I think they're looking at it more as she was buried or dumped across the border (and oh how I just hate typing that! ).

I understand what other posters mean when talking about RF's eyes. They remind me of my ex-husband's from many years ago & he was a violent person. Not a fan of selfies taken in bathrooms. Am I being an old fogle about that setting being used for photography? Praying Zuzu can be reunited with her family asap. Very concerned that RF has lawyered up.

Thanks. :blushing: I don't think she's in hiding as well. She was clearly taken/abducted. It's the only explanation for her dog being left to wander alone with its leash still attached. I do wonder if RF was involved in drug dealing (cartel ties?) and she was taken as payback or until money owed was paid. It would explain LE stating that they believe Zuzu is still alive and that RF has information that can help them find her. It's either that or he killed her. MOO.

My feeling is that LE stating they believe she is still alive is because they have no solid evidence that she isn't. In addition, saying she is still alive could make RF feel more comfortable talking to them (because he wouldn't feel like a murder suspect). And, of course, for the mental sake of her family and friends.

As far as using her as collateral for a drug deal, I doubt it that is the case. I live in Alpine and do not know Zuzu or RF personally. She was a customer of the coffee shop I frequent (RF was not) and local hearsay is that they had been going through a break up. Based on the timeline of her disappearance and the status of their relationship...whatever happened to Zuzu was most likely an unplanned crime of passion.

Note: Hi, this is my first post and I am impressed with the wealth of information collected here. While I have read the TOS and posting guidelines, I apologize if I unintentionally break them.

My feeling is that LE stating they believe she is still alive is because they have no solid evidence that she isn't. In addition, saying she is still alive could make RF feel more comfortable talking to them (because he wouldn't feel like a murder suspect). And, of course, for the mental sake of her family and friends.

As far as using her as collateral for a drug deal, I doubt it that is the case. I live in Alpine and do not know Zuzu or RF personally. She was a customer of the coffee shop I frequent (RF was not) and local hearsay is that they had been going through a break up. Based on the timeline of her disappearance and the status of their relationship...whatever happened to Zuzu was most likely an unplanned crime of passion.

Note: Hi, this is my first post and I am impressed with the wealth of information collected here. While I have read the TOS and posting guidelines, I apologize if I unintentionally break them.

:welcome: Thanks so much for your local insight. I love Alpine! :) I'm so sorry for the two local tragedies you've had in the past month. I agree with your thought that whatever happened was unplanned and I would even imagine possibly accidental. At least I hope so. Even more, I hope ZuZu is alive, but I doubt it. :(

No worries about posting mistakes. Believe me, it's hard to keep track of posting guidelines. I have to reread them periodically to make sure, and I still make mistakes.

I'm thinking there is a good chance the authorities have determined the truck above went to Mexico sometime in the last week or so. The question was, who was in it at the time? Might explain the BOL and sister's behavior and denial that he went there.

Also, casting blame on someone because they post mirror selfies is ridiculous. It's a cultural phenomenon for the age group whether or not you like it, and it has no bearings on the morality of the individual taking the photo.

I'm thinking there is a good chance the authorities have determined the truck above went to Mexico sometime in the last week or so. The question was, who was in it at the time? Might explain the BOL and sister's behavior and denial that he went there.

Definitely possible. I am very curious as to what probable cause LE had to obtain the search warrant; if the truck was caught on video crossing the border around the time Zuzu went missing, would that be enough? Perhaps they have electronic evidence -e.g., car or phone GPS- showing that the truck and/or the owner was near where Zuzu was last seen. In any case, I am truly impressed by the work LE is doing in this case.

Definitely possible. I am very curious as to what probable cause LE had to obtain the search warrant; if the truck was caught on video crossing the border around the time Zuzu went missing, would that be enough? Perhaps they have electronic evidence -e.g., car or phone GPS- showing that the truck and/or the owner was near where Zuzu was last seen. In any case, I am truly impressed by the work LE is doing in this case.

From what I've read here and in FB comments, RF drove his mother and other sister to Presidio (they live just across the border in Mexico) - but he did not go to Mexico as he has no passport. I think the LE mentions of searching in Mexico and/or working with Mexican authorities is to confirm his claim that he drove his family to the border and cross question the family.
The truck being investigated is obviously a work truck, so it doesn't make sense that RF would borrow it for the 3-4 hour roundtrip south (as BOL would need it for work). However, it very well could have been borrowed early in the morning before the work day to travel rough terrain. Since it is a construction vehicle, it most likely was equipped with a good amount of tools for borrowing as well.

RF's attorney says he has cooperated, is distraught over ZuZu's disappearance and they are conducting their own investigation.

How did RF cooperate? Leave his apartment while they searched or something?

If RF is distraught over ZuZu's disappearance, he needs to think how her family feels and reach out and offer information.

Hmmmm...what resources could he and his attorney bring to this investigation beyond the team already working to find her?

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/398037291.html

Do we know how long RF's mother and sister were in Alpine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RF's attorney says he has cooperated, is distraught over ZuZu's disappearance and they are conducting their own investigation.

How did RF cooperate? Leave his apartment while they searched or something?

If RF is distraught over ZuZu's disappearance, he needs to think how her family feels and reach out and offer information.

Hmmmm...what resources could he and his attorney bring to this investigation beyond the team already working to find her?

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/398037291.html

Huh? RF and his lawyer are conducting their own investigation (per the lawyer's statement)? I've never heard something like that. Why don't they help LE with their investigation, aren't they much better equipped? Odd.

I love Texas LE. They just don't mess around; already solid progress. Surrounding them with prayer and gratefulness for being the badazz's that they are!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob