TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today Texas Equusearch took over the search. The video linked below has a nice segment with Tim Miller and also a short segment with Tim and ZuZu's parents. He must be such a comforting presence for them since he knows exactly how they feel.

From Tim Miller:

"Right now it's a process of elimination and at the end of the day when we don't have her located it doesn't really feel that bad because we know where she's not. As long as we know where she's not, we still hold on to that little glimmer of hope that we have," EquuSearch founder Tim Miller said.

attachment.php

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/398047601.html

I just love Tim Miller - that man is a saint.

RF was born and raised here - so he will know this entire area inside and out.

As for why go to stripes, truly I have no idea. He told me that night over the phone that they went to get drinks. They returned approximately 15min after leaving - and nobody had a drink. We were on Harrison St. that night, and stripes is only about 3min away by car. The entire thing was sketchy, and I do not know what was going through his head. Only that now, his disappearing with her and his behavior towards me is haunting.

It's Alpine Texas.......population 6000...........the cops around there don't have a whole lot to keep them busy anyway. I imagine this is the most excitement they've had in that community for the last 20 years.

That being said, I'd venture a guess it would also mean they have 6000 volunteers willing to get out and search for her if asked.

I'm also aware of(and this person reported this to the police early on) that RF borrowed a couple guns from a mutual friend a while back, and did not return a .22

As far as this person knows, he is still in possession of this weapon, as he never gave it back. I do no know if the police recovered it at his apartment or not.

CBS7 said that the Mustang is a "key piece of evidence."

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Blog-Search-continues-for-missing-Alpine-student-397314771.html

I imagine the comments section on APD FB will say who it belongs to soon enough.

https://www.facebook.com/alpinetxpd/posts/1142858775802747

Yes, the owner of the mustang has commented and shared the APD post on his Facebook page.

He says he's given them his phone, his car and is fully cooperating. He also hopes Zuzu is found soon.

CE from Marathon, TX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you tell me if RF grew up in Alpine and/or how long he's lived in that area ? I'm asking to get a feel for how well he knows the surrounding mountains and trails as well as the area inside the state park itself.

The longer he's lived around there, the more likely he's had time to find good spots for dumping bodies in the middle of the night. The terrain around there is so varied and hostile, it's almost impossible to try and guess which direction he may have headed out in order to try and cover up a crime. One has to assume that he would go to an area he is somewhat familiar with, such as a camping spot, a place to ride ATV's, a party spot, etc. He may get there via a dirt road or a paved road or a combination of the two. The ground is too hard and rocky to dig down in for the most part, so I have a feeling this is going to be a dumping situation more-so than a digging situation. There's so many crooks and crannies up there in the Davis Mountains, this is going to prove to be an almost impossible search operation. People are inclined to return to areas they are familiar with though, whether it be for leisurely activities or to try and conceal murders. That's the kind of information his friends need to come forward with in order to help LE try and figure out what happened to this nice lady.

Agree 100%. I too believe these Perps tend to go to areas they know very well from fishing, hunting, etc. Known areas like that off 118 would be super helpful

I'm also aware of(and this person reported this to the police early on) that RF borrowed a couple guns from a mutual friend a while back, and did not return a .22

As far as this person knows, he is still in possession of this weapon, as he never gave it back. I do no know if the police recovered it at his apartment or not.

That's an incredibly important piece of unreported information. Thank you!

Hi medic, Please go through the very simple WS insider verification process before posting any more insider information. According to WS Terms of Service and Rules, everything you have posted is considered rumor until you're verified. Naturally, we are eating it up :D but WS has such a good reputation because we don't post rumors. Rosesfromangels posted the link with instructions for getting verified just upthread. Once that is done, you will be able to give insider info freely. We are SO glad you're here!

I think a few things are starting to fall into place.

When they extended the search area, I think this is because they got phone pings back. I think they think RF had help, whether that be a loan of a vehicle or more.

Thank you for joining Websleuths for Zuzu medic323! It's great to see Tim Miller on Zuzu's case too! Lots of vehicles of interest: Gray Ford truck, white mustang, gray/black jeep (BF), black Mazda Miata (?) - what the hey?

Could the BF have gassed up at Stripes?

Just an FYI- Not cherry picking who I thank on this thread and others. My thanks button is hinky still Grrrrrrr

It's starting to look like RF might have had help disposing of the body based on the amount of cars potentially involved. MOO.

Hi medic, Please go through the very simple WS insider verification process before posting any more insider information. According to WS Terms of Service and Rules, everything you have posted is considered rumor until you're verified. Naturally, we are eating it up :D but WS has such a good reputation because we don't post rumors. Rosesfromangels posted the link with instructions for getting verified just upthread. Once that is done, you will be able to give insider info freely. We are SO glad you're here!

Will do!! Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members