TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until his most recent statement in the above CBS7 interview I had been giving CE some slack and thinking he may simply SUSPECT or even KNOW something RF told him and not want to say anything against his friend RF. But when he says he is standing his ground and "we'll face it together" he makes it sound like he was involved as an equal player in whatever happened. If CE had nothing to do with outright helping RF, then I wonder what kind of dirt does RF have on CE to make him so loyal? I can't think of a single friend or family member I would cover for if I was facing an indictment for not telling what I know. :notgood:

Thank you for saying this, as I too was wondering if it was possible that CE didn't know any specific details regarding a crime against Zuzu.

Here's where I have an issue with CE speaking so 'freely'. According to the Article 20.17c(6) of the Texas Constitution
"If you are unable to employ a lawyer, you have the right to have a lawyer appointed to advise you before making an answer to a question, the answer to which you feel might incriminate you."
and as of current, he has not retained counsel. I don't know what his profession is however, unless it is that of an attorney he should probably start looking into retaining one prior to the Grand Jury vote. MOO

I realize RF has lawyered up but does that stop LE from interrogating the heck out of him?! This could be over quickly if they could do that MOO.

I realize RF has lawyered up but does that stop LE from interrogating the heck out of him?! This could be over quickly if they could do that MOO.
Yes, the lawyer will stop any interrogation.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Law enforcement is NOT allowed to interrogate or question him without the presence of his attorney due to the 5th Amendment of the US Constitution.

Law enforcement is NOT allowed to interrogate or question him without the presence of his attorney due to the 5th Amendment of the US Constitution.

OK Thanks. I know this happened in the Kyron Horman case, the stepmother lawyered up and was never questioned and its been years and she's roaming free.

Thank you for saying this, as I too was wondering if it was possible that CE didn't know any specific details regarding a crime against Zuzu.

Here's where I have an issue with CE speaking so 'freely'. According to the Article 20.17c(6) of the Texas Constitution
and as of current, he has not retained counsel. I don't know what his profession is however, unless it is that of an attorney he should probably start looking into retaining one prior to the Grand Jury vote. MOO

You guys are reading my mind! After watching his latest interview, I was left wondering where in the heck is this guy's lawyer! RF strutting around with one and I thought he seemed more confident when leaving after testimony. They questioned him for less than 10 minutes. They need to put pressure on the guy w/o representation. Maybe this was RF's plan all along. . . let CE's ego take control and it will take him directly under the bus!

Also, the reporters cannot harass him during working hours either can they? I mean hounding him at his place of work would be a big NO NO ?

Also, the reporters cannot harass him during working hours either can they? I mean hounding him at his place of work would be a big NO NO ?

The media can't harrass him anytime of the day however there's a very fine line that the media can/can't cross and if it is legally determined that this is occuring, feel confident that his attorney will take care of that.

I was wondering if CE was represented. I also wonder if he's accepting counsel from RF's attorney?

I was wondering if CE was represented. I also wonder if he's accepting counsel from RF's attorney?

If she's counseling him, he's sure not listening! She would tell him to zip it and she would advise him not to tell the grand jury anything. I can't imagine why he wouldn't have an attorney by now. It's just the prudent thing to do, and I'm sure RF's attorney would tell him that.

Wow. You give new meaning to Long Time Lurker. Lol.

7 years of experience. Lol.

We would say welcome but you should be welcoming many of us. Lol.

But seriously. Great observation. CE does seem like he is somewhat involved.

Hahahahaha. Thanks! Rarely do cases hit home like this one. There is just something about this family that pulls you in.

Right. And this is what has me so confused. Is RF & his attorney that confident that CE won't eventually spiral out of control & say something he shouldn't? RF & CE must have some sort of bond/connection prior to this case that would allow RF to be so confident in CE remaining lawyer-free. :thinking:

Right. And this is what has me so confused. Is RF & his attorney that confident that CE won't eventually spiral out of control & say something he shouldn't? RF & CE must have some sort of bond/connection prior to this case that would allow RF to be so confident in CE remaining lawyer-free. :thinking:

I absolutely believe that RF has some tight bond or power over CE or something illegal he can hold over his head, first to gain his cooperation hiding ZuZu, and second not to tell what he knows.

Or maybe RF's not so confident now. He looked scared to me in the video. So he may realize that CE is a loose cannon even though he RF has power over him. Once CE is arrested, he will probably tell all in exchange for a lighter sentence.

I'm reminded of Teresa Seivers murder. Her killer Curtis Wayne Wright ended up pleading guilty and confirming that it was her husband Mark who hired him. They had a strong bond too, and I don't think Mark ever expected a "betrayal" by his "brother from another mother." Gag.

Miranda vs. Arizona. And he's invoked his rights.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

I agree. It's in CEs best interest to say nothing in the hope that RF cannot be charged. I think he knows what happened.

So sad for Zuzus family.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
I'm shocked that any attorney may have allows him to continually open his mouth.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

There is a new article on New 9 stated that the grand jury in the Verk case has been extended 3 months, I think the article is titled Grand Jury proceedings explained

There is a new article on New 9 stated that the grand jury in the Verk case has been extended 3 months, I think the article is titled Grand Jury proceedings explained

Here is one news article with that title.

http://www.wlox.com/story/34110720/grand-jury-proceedings-explained-by-das-office

The term is 3 months, but the official interviewed stated they might reconvene in January. The county officials stated this was unusual. But then again, this case and the entire set of circumstances is unusual for that county.

Thank you! Found it! Very reassuring!

Grand jury proceedings explained by DA's office

Grand Jury proceedings are kept secret and are often used as part of the case's investigation.

"That way the grand jurors can feel comfortable and they can openly discuss the case,” said District Attorney Elect, Laura Nodolf. “As well as not have their identity really be open to the public and have them potentially scrutinized for maybe no billing a case that the community felt should have been true billed."

More details about Grand Jury proceedings at the link:

http://www.newswest9.com/story/34110720/grand-jury-proceedings-explained-by-das-office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6