TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen several remarks about RF and ZV not being friends on FB... however, her Posts from 2016 summary does show that she and RF became FB friends in 2016. Perhaps one of the things deleted from RF's laptop....

Welcome EPMom......glad that you joined us here.

:welcome:

I don't remember ever seeing a reward for a missing person being that much - $200,000. Anybody else? Truly hope that loosens some tongues.

I don't remember ever seeing a reward for a missing person being that much - $200,000. Anybody else? Truly hope that loosens some tongues.

Neither have I. I'm beginning to get a sinking feeling they will never find her or it could be years before they do.

:(

When can we expect to see an arrest? I guess we are mostly waiting on DNA results from the Vehicles of Interest? And of course finding Zuzu, but I assume there will be an arrest eventually regardless if Zuzu is found or not? Just thinking about Christina Morris' case.

From Brewster County Sheriff's office weekly blotter on FB:

Suspicious Vehicle 10/12/16 Terlingua Caller reported a suspicious vehicle on Bee Mountain Road/advised a truck was driving with the lights off and then parked on the dirt road/investigated/cleared...

Same day... BIL truck?

From Brewster County Sheriff's office weekly blotter on FB:

Suspicious Vehicle 10/12/16 Terlingua Caller reported a suspicious vehicle on Bee Mountain Road/advised a truck was driving with the lights off and then parked on the dirt road/investigated/cleared...

Same day... BIL truck?
Whoa! Surely Alpine has checked it out.

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

My random thoughts on this case so far:

I know some think, after so much time and not having found her yet, there's no way she would still be alive. But, there are countless stories of people being held captive, and presumed to be deceased when they were not. After 19 days, search warrants, impounded vehicles, interviews and on and on, there still has not been an arrest. LE would not hold off if they had the evidence to move forward.

Many theories revolve around "how it happened", and attempt to fill in the gaps with what could have happened. Were there eyewitnesses that saw ZV come to RF's house, and enter the house? Could something have happened to her earlier, before they supposedly ate dinnner at his place? Maybe there was some activity prior to their "date" at his place. Her car was at his house, and at some point it was moved back to her house. Wasn't RF the only one to see her, that we know of, during a long period on Tuesday? She was "last seen" by RF, correct?

For me, there are still too many gaps to be able to piece together what happened. Is it 100 percent confirmed that she was the person at RF's apartment when it was reported they were cooking dinner and the neighbor could smell food cooking? What if it was someone else? Where was ZV's car parked at RF's apartment? On the street, in the drive, around the corner, etc? At what time was she supposedly seen with a man on camera at Stripes? Could this person (someone other than the known POIs and suspect) be the one that took Zuzu somewhere, and some of the other events later might have been setup or staged? I know I'm reaching, but I'm just trying to come up with alternative theories as to what happened. I'm not discounting anyone's theory, but just adding my own thoughts to the discussion. Many aspects of her disappearance just feel too "neat and clean" for me. I feel like there may be other actors involved, who so far have not been identified.

To me, the warrants that were put out do provide key details, but some information is intentionally or inadvertently vague. There are good reasons for this, and all that is needed is for a judge to be able to okay the warrant.
There are too many gaps that need to be filled in, and not enough information is out yet to do that.

I hope LE are monitoring these POIs. Wish they would come forward and tell what they know about this case.

If it was him, when he returned From Bee Mountain back to Alpine, he would have had to go through CBP checkpoint, so there would have to be record of that

That is the largest award amount I have seen recently for a missing person. Hopefully this will be incentive to bring resolution to Zuzu's case. I have great empathy for her family & friends. RF has involved members of his family & a friend in Zuzu's case. How selfish. Are these people prepared to be criminally charged & lose their freedom due to supporting RF?

If it was him, when he returned From Bee Mountain back to Alpine, he would have had to go through CBP checkpoint, so there would have to be record of that

Both ways, most likely. Cameras/sensors face South bound traffic as well, even though vehicles are not stopped for inspection.

Snipped from Gardener's most excellent Timeline:

WEDNESDAY
12 Oct 2016- Residents last saw Zuzu on Harrison Street around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday morning just before she went missing (CBS7).
12 Oct 2016, morning- There was an unconfirmed sighting of Zuzu at Stripes Convenience Store with an unknown man (CBS7, Bigbendnow).
12 Oct 2016- RF was the last known person to see Zuzu (confirmed by APD to WFAA ABC News).
12 Oct 2016- ZuZu's dog was reported running around near her apartment on Wednesday with its leash on. Animal control came, found the dog and put it in her fenced yard (CBS7 video interview w/LE).
12 Oct 2016- Zuzu did not show up for a midterm exam at Sul Ross State University.
12 Oct 2016- Zuzu did not show up for work at Sul Ross Borderlands Research Institute (BRI).
12 Oct 2016- Texts and phone calls from Zuzu’s friends and family went unanswered. Someone checked her apartment but she wasn’t there (NBC News).

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ct-2016-Media-Maps-amp-Timeline-NO-DISCUSSION

Welcome to all new posters! Please join us! The timeline Gardener has so carefully reconstructed for us is a must read!

That is the largest award amount I have seen recently for a missing person. Hopefully this will be incentive to bring resolution to Zuzu's case. I have great empathy for her family & friends. RF has involved members of his family & a friend in Zuzu's case. How selfish. Are these people prepared to be criminally charged & lose their freedom due to supporting RF?
BBM

I have never seen a reward get this big and I've never seen even a smaller reward increase this rapidly. It does concern me a little that someone without a conscience who has information is waiting to see how high it will go before coming forward. Otherwise I would think that someone with information would have come forward sooner.

Regarding those who could be criminally charged, I think many people believe "no body, no case" which simply isn't true. They may think that if ZuZu is somewhere she can't be found, they can't be indicted. If there is enough physical evidence, they certainly can be. And they can be convicted. I'm sure LE will make that clear.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_conviction_without_a_body

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_murder_convictions_without_a_body

I don't think the $200,000 reward can be claimed by anyone. I believe the only people who have pertinent information are either guilty of doing something to her or accessories after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the $200,000 reward can be claimed by anyone. I believe the only people who have pertinent information are either guilty of doing something to her or accessories after the fact.

I agree that it's likely that the only ones with information are involved, so I wonder why the reward keeps increasing. Maybe hoping against hope.

I agree that it's likely that the only ones with information are involved, so I wonder why the reward keeps increasing. Maybe hoping against hope.

True. If it were my daughter I would mortgage/sell everything I had to bring her back home too. Maybe they know something that the general public doesn't, hence the increased reward.

True. If it were my daughter I would mortgage/sell everything I had to bring her back home too. Maybe they know something that the general public doesn't, hence the increased reward.

BBM

I certainly hope they have information that gives them solid hope. I'd sell everything too, hope or not. May they find their precious daughter...alive.

Alpine Avalanche quoted Ronnie Dodson saying the additional $100,000 came from H-E-B Charles Butt

Alpine Avalanche quoted Ronnie Dodson saying the additional $100,000 came from H-E-B Charles Butt
Zuzu's father is the Beer and Wine manager for Central Market, 3 locations I believe. Hence the additional reward by H-E-B.

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Why did he need to borrow the truck, I would think the BIL would be pretty pissed after the fact. Was RF afraid he might have mechanical problems in his jeep and get stuck somewhere, did he need gas and not want to be seen getting gas??? I get why he needed CE, to pick him up here and there when relocating Zuzu's car and the BIL truck.

If a volunteer searcher found her remains would they be eligible to claim the reward? Maybe they hope this reward amount will inspire more people to keep searching? They have made pleas to ranchers to check their land and for hunters to keep their eyes open for anything suspicious like recently disturbed soil. I know if I lived on a ranch in that area and saw the reward that high I would immediately go out and check every inch of my property. Not that I would only do that for the reward (I would volunteer anyway if in the area) but some people have to be motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003