UCLA B-Ball players arrested in China-being detained...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The team needs these guys. They will soon be "working" their way back. The Ball family has $ and influence, plus talent.

With all of the issues that NCAA basketball coaches have had, I think that they will lose the whole season. The NCAA has been clear this is a UCLA issue which means that the NCAA will be watching what the university does in accordance with their published code of conduct. The men acknowledged that they did steal and were caught.

While I agree that the Ball family has some power here, I don't think other teams would want any of these guys this season. They are stuck in their own little jail of their own making. The team won' t trade winning season for being morally bankrupt. Basketball is big money but not as big as football so one more losing season with a higher moral ground is better than a winning season with players who have admitted to stealing in China.

I could be wrong but I have worked with college athletic recruiters. The world is different before this latest net that threw Pittino out into the open.

Several of our family members are UCLA alumni, no we don't need them. To walk into any store and steal let alone with an air of arrogance and entitlement disrespectful of CHINA law really! To let these players return in moo is hell wrong.
We don't care if they have talent to bounce a ball. The AD director should be advising dismissal.

Here two freshman players from Washington State University trying to steal from Walmart. What was the consequences..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...zAaEQFggxMAE&usg=AOvVaw0-QSZaxKp6bdpcGUYnSI-E

Agree totally. I think the college will hold them for the year and, hopefully, dismiss from the team.

Colleges and universities are under greater scrutiny in their sports programs, especially D1. More will be discussed in coming days as Jameis Winston comes back into the headlines---he was accused of rape and it was swept under the rug, he continued his college playing, got the Heisman, and never was accountable--- with his recent slurs and behavior. Who owns his lack of accountability besides Winston? His college, the NCAA, and the NFL for rewarding his bad actions.

With all of the issues that NCAA basketball coaches have had, I think that they will lose the whole season. The NCAA has been clear this is a UCLA issue which means that the NCAA will be watching what the university does in accordance with their published code of conduct. The men acknowledged that they did steal and were caught.

While I agree that the Ball family has some power here, I don't think other teams would want any of these guys this season. They are stuck in their own little jail of their own making. The team won' t trade winning season for being morally bankrupt. Basketball is big money but not as big as football so one more losing season with a higher moral ground is better than a winning season with players who have admitted to stealing in China.

I could be wrong but I have worked with college athletic recruiters. The world is different before this latest net that threw Pittino out into the open.
Thanks for your comments, imo any future relationship with the Ball family is destructive. The team nor university needs the Ball family side circus.

Agree totally. I think the college will hold them for the year and, hopefully, dismiss from the team.

Colleges and universities are under greater scrutiny in their sports programs, especially D1. More will be discussed in coming days as Jameis Winston comes back into the headlines---he was accused of rape and it was swept under the rug, he continued his college playing, got the Heisman, and never was accountable--- with his recent slurs and behavior. Who owns his lack of accountability besides Winston? His college, the NCAA, and the NFL for rewarding his bad actions.
I hear you, huge money in these sports programs. I'm not going to get started on my Winston rant, I'll be put on time out;). Thanks so much your insight is a breath of fresh air.

Ciao

I believe the next step is getting the High School athletic departments and administrators on board. These schools allowing students to be groomed to be elitists before even getting to college. Groomed in such a way that they are let slide on passing grades, can pick any girlfriends they want and treat them shabbily and entitlement beyond measure.

I know some Professors at the University that swear they have gotten athletic recruits in their classes that could no more pass with proper ACT scores than a man in the moon.

JMO's

Trump: Should have left UCLA players in Chinese jail
The Associated Press

Washington – President Donald Trump says he should have left three UCLA basketball players accused of shoplifting in China in jail.

Trump’s tweet Sunday comes after the father of player LiAngelo Ball minimized Trump’s involvement in winning the players’ release during an interview Saturday with ESPN. Trump has said he raised the players’ detention with Chinese President Xi Jinping (shee jihn-peeng) during the leaders’ recent meeting in Beijing.

The players returned to the U.S. last week. They have been indefinitely suspended from the team...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...mp-tweet-ucla-players-chinese-jail/107851644/

Trump: Should have left UCLA players in Chinese jail
The Associated Press

Washington – President Donald Trump says he should have left three UCLA basketball players accused of shoplifting in China in jail.

Trump’s tweet Sunday comes after the father of player LiAngelo Ball minimized Trump’s involvement in winning the players’ release during an interview Saturday with ESPN. Trump has said he raised the players’ detention with Chinese President Xi Jinping (shee jihn-peeng) during the leaders’ recent meeting in Beijing.

The players returned to the U.S. last week. They have been indefinitely suspended from the team...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...mp-tweet-ucla-players-chinese-jail/107851644/

Not to get all political but <modsnip>

Daddy Lavar is at it again. Being disrespectful and petty.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/lavar-ball-downplays-trumps-role-son-released-china/story?id=51246566

"Who?" Ball told ESPN, when asked about Trump's involvement in the matter. "What was he over there for? Don't tell me nothing. Everybody wants to make it seem like he helped me out."

"As long as my boy's back here, I'm fine," LaVar Ball told ESPN. "I'm happy with how things were handled. A lot of people like to say a lot of things that they thought happened over there. Like I told him, 'They try to make a big deal out of nothing sometimes.' I'm from L.A. I've seen a lot worse things happen than a guy taking some glasses. My son has built up enough character that one bad decision doesn't define him. Now if you can go back and say when he was 12 years old he was shoplifting and stealing cars and going wild, then that's a different thing."

:no: :no: :no:

This guy is a clown.

Ball? What a totally arrogant blow hard.

Lavar just won't shut up:

Ball had been resistant to thank Trump for his role in getting LiAngelo Ball back to the United States...

&#8220;Did he go visit them in jail? Did you go visit them in jail?&#8221; Ball told &#8220;Good Morning America&#8221; this morning. &#8220;If you went to visit them in jail then I would say, &#8216;Thank you.&#8217;&#8221;

After indulging ever so slightly in a back-and-forth, Ball, who nearly never no-comments, said he wanted to avoid further inflaming a feud with the president. Ball is set to appear on CNN for an interview Monday night, though.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/lavar-ball-why-trump-doesnt-deserve-a-thank-you/

HA! Did he stay with his son or did he travel on with the team? Why is this guy given so much attention?

HA! Did he stay with his son or did he travel on with the team? Why is this guy given so much attention?

He continued along with team to the game (he didn't travel with them, per se). He had some basketball shoe meet and greet in the city where they played the game but I'm thinking that UCLA and PAC-12 and whoever else told him to leave the city. He didn't comment again until he came back to the US.

Just from reading his wikipedia, this Ball guy is famous for this kind of behavior and is probably half the reason he has the show and most of the money he has, so don't expect it to stop any time soon.

Lavar just won't shut up:

Ball had been resistant to thank Trump for his role in getting LiAngelo Ball back to the United States...

&#8220;Did he go visit them in jail? Did you go visit them in jail?&#8221; Ball told &#8220;Good Morning America&#8221; this morning. &#8220;If you went to visit them in jail then I would say, &#8216;Thank you.&#8217;&#8221;

After indulging ever so slightly in a back-and-forth, Ball, who nearly never no-comments, said he wanted to avoid further inflaming a feud with the president. Ball is set to appear on CNN for an interview Monday night, though.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/lavar-ball-why-trump-doesnt-deserve-a-thank-you/

Visit them in JAIL? When were they in jail. They were 'detained' in a 5 star luxury hotel, and given room service and spa visits. Jail? PFFFTT...

More wisdom from Daddy Ball:

" It was victimless...He didn't grab nobody's arm...He didn't do NUTHIN...he tried to SLIDE SOMETHING AWAY...."

Words of wisdom^^^ from Daddy on CNN tonight....no wonder his son is so clueless...

[video=twitter;932820694202765313]https://twitter.com/The_Real_Fly/status/932820694202765313[/video]

Visit them in JAIL? When were they in jail. They were 'detained' in a 5 star luxury hotel, and given room service and spa visits. Jail? PFFFTT...

I know, right?! It's kinda ironic (Or is it coincidental? I can never remember which.), especially since President Trump has been using the same loaded language through this ordeal. The whole event/reactions has/have been blown out of proportion, methinks.

Besides, the White House said today that Trump was just making a "rhetorical response." ... Perhaps Ball was, too. Sounds reasonable to me.

WaPo story:
At a briefing Monday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said President Trump was merely making a &#8220;rhetorical response to a criticism&#8221; by LaVar Ball when he tweeted of Ball&#8217;s son LiAngelo and two UCLA teammates that he &#8220;should have left them in jail&#8221; in China. Sanders repeatedly claimed that Trump was &#8220;happy to intervene&#8221; on the players&#8217; behalf.

[video=twitter;932303108146892801]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/932303108146892801[/video]
[video=twitter;932392209445457920]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/932392209445457920[/video]
[video=twitter;930815626460921856]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/930815626460921856[/video]

what a doofus, and CNN is giving him respect and a lot of time.

[video=cnn;politics/2017/11/21/lavar-ball-president-donald-trump-intv-ctn.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/lavar-ball-interview-cnntv/index.html[/video]

Ball: " It wasn't like the Pres was in the US and said there's 3 kids in China, I better go over and get em...that wasn't the though process.."

Cuomo: Ok....

Ball:"what we're talking about right now is just a bunch of stuff about my son, just because his last name is Ball..."we're not even talking about the other 2 kids...

Cuomo: to be honest, we're talking about your son because...

Ball: [smiling big] I'm talking about my son too...

Cuomo: we're talking about your son because of what you said...and how you inserted yourself into...

Ball: No no, no one inserted themselves...it's not disrespectful if I don't feel nobody did anything..someone asked me a question..I don't have to go round saying THANK YOU..

[Oh My Lord....Ball even goes on to say that if someone really wanted to help they wouldn't have left the country with out the boys...Oh MY, he's mad that the POTUS flew out of China without the 3 thieves...lol]

what a doofus, and CNN is giving him respect and a lot of time.

[video=cnn;politics/2017/11/21/lavar-ball-president-donald-trump-intv-ctn.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/lavar-ball-interview-cnntv/index.html[/video]

Ball: " It wasn't like the Pres was in the US and said there's 3 kids in China, I better go over and get em...that wasn't the though process.."

Cuomo: Ok....

Ball:"what we're talking about right now is just a bunch of stuff about my son, just because his last name is Ball..."we're not even talking about the other 2 kids...

Cuomo: to be honest, we're talking about your son because...

Ball: [smiling big] I'm talking about my son too...

Cuomo: we're talking about your son because of what you said...and how you inserted yourself into...

Ball: No no, no one inserted themselves...it's not disrespectful if I don't feel nobody did anything..someone asked me a question..I don't have to go round saying THANK YOU..

[Oh My Lord....Ball even goes on to say that if someone really wanted to help they wouldn't have left the country with out the boys...Oh MY, he's mad that the POTUS flew out of China without the 3 thieves...lol]
CNN's reputation and ratings have tanked. No surprise they are willing to put the Ball circus on. Can't shut his mouth. Hello!! UCLA do you want many more years of motor mouth reflecting on your basketball team? John wooden must be turning in his grave. Jmo

IDK I'm beginning to feel sad for the Ball brothers, growing up in a home with such an overbearing father there's something odd about him. Jmo

Still unacceptable, the players should be dismissed from the team. Moo

Btw the pics of tee-shirts above are funny:)

Ciao

&#8220;Now that the three basketball players are out of China and saved from years in jail, LaVar Ball, the father of LiAngelo, is unaccepting of what I did for his son and that shoplifting is no big deal. I should have left them in jail!&#8221; the president wrote on Sunday in the first of two posts on the subject. &#8220;Shoplifting is a very big deal in China, as it should be (5-10 years in jail), but not to father LaVar. Should have gotten his son out during my next trip to China instead. China told them why they were released. Very ungrateful!&#8221; he added later.

&#8220;Did he help the boys get out? I don&#8217;t know. I don&#8217;t know. If I was going to thank somebody, I&#8217;d probably thank President Xi. I&#8217;d thank him. He&#8217;s in China. He&#8217;s the head, the president in China,&#8221; Ball said Monday evening in an interview with CNN. &#8220;I mean somebody can make a suggestion and somebody can do something. You&#8217;ve got people who make suggestions and people who do things.&#8221;

LaVar also suggested that the wheels of the players&#8217; release were already in motion before the president got involved and that Trump should not necessarily be taken at his word that his conversation with Xi was instrumental in resolving the situation.

&#8220;You can open your eyes and see what's going on. I'm not saying nothing to the president. I&#8217;m just saying, I'm not just saying thank you to anybody for nothing,&#8221; LaVar Ball said. &#8220;I had some things done, I talked to some people that did some other things too.&#8221;

&#8220;Why's that on your mind? All this stuff going on and that&#8217;s on your mind, that a father didn't say thank you, and you're supposed to be &#8211; you know, you&#8217;re the head of the U.S.? Come on.&#8221;

&#8220;I&#8217;ve got a message for you: Tell Donald Trump to have a great Thanksgiving, because Big Baller is,&#8221; he said, flashing a wide grin and two thumbs up.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/21/lavar-ball-trump-ucla-players-253915

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameraSnap
Back