UCLA B-Ball players arrested in China-being detained...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am really curious. If somebody went to China and committed a crime considered by US to be more serious than shoplifting, would people still expect the president get that person off? And would people still be happy that person got off?

Losers.

They didn't learn a thing. They're sense of entitlement has just been reaffirmed thanks to another Loser( yes I am using a capital L)

This isn't the last big mistake these Losers make. Mark my words.

It's be hard to deny what is reportedly on video, wouldn't it?

Yes, but the charges were dropped and they never went to jail. So they could have glossed over the fact that they actually stole and kept quiet about it. There were plenty of people on twitter, and even in here, speculating that they were wrongly arrested.

I was pleasantly surprised that they admitted, on national television, of stealing from 3 stores. I think that a big step towards accountability.

They seemed truly humble and repentant. I don't think it was an act. I think the UCLA officials that stayed behind with them chewed their ears off about the possible consequences. I think they realize how much trouble they were in.

On my daughter's prom night, two of her friends got DUI's the next morning. One of her friends really learned from that lesson, 10 years ago. She is super responsible and reliable and very careful about driving and about her life.

Her other friend seemed to learn her lesson for about a year. Then she went back to being irresponsible and got 2 more DUI's, ending up injuring someone badly in her last one. :cry:

It is up to them if they decide to learn anything from this incident or not.

Losers.

They didn't learn a thing. They're sense of entitlement has just been reaffirmed thanks to another Loser( yes I am using a capital L)

This isn't the last big mistake these Losers make. Mark my words.

I don't want to agree. But you may be right. :yes:

I totally felt that way before I saw them in the presser. But then they swayed me and they seemed truly humble.

But a lot will depend upon how they are treated now. If all the students give them high 5's, and laugh at how they got away with everything, and treat them like heroes, then it will continue. Especially if they are told by the coaches that they are back on the team, but cant say anything for a couple weeks.

Yes, but the charges were dropped and they never went to jail. So they could have glossed over the fact that they actually stole and kept quiet about it. There were plenty of people on twitter, and even in here, speculating that they were wrongly arrested.

I was pleasantly surprised that they admitted, on national television, of stealing from 3 stores. I think that a big step towards accountability.

They seemed truly humble and repentant. I don't think it was an act. I think the UCLA officials that stayed behind with them chewed their ears off about the possible consequences. I think they realize how much trouble they were in.

On my daughter's prom night, two of her friends got DUI's the next morning. One of her friends really learned from that lesson, 10 years ago. She is super responsible and reliable and very careful about driving and about her life.

Her other friend seemed to learn her lesson for about a year. Then she went back to being irresponsible and got 2 more DUI's, ending up injuring someone badly in her last one. :cry:

It is up to them if they decide to learn anything from this incident or not.

Did the friend who learned her lesson have POTUS swoop in and arrange for charges to be dropped? Or did she learn her lesson due to actually facing adequate consequences?

I watched the "press conference" with these three knuckleheads today. And, by the way, they are not "boys". Of all the team members on all of the U.S.A. college basketball teams, these three thought it might be a fun idea to go out and steal things while in a foreign country? Not one of them, mind you, but three of them!

They lucked out. They are not being tortured in some Chinese prison. But, really, what team needs any one of these three in the future? They are thieves. They were stealing. It wasn't just "stupid" behavior, it was criminal behavior.
They disgraced their country and their team.

I don't care how talented any one of them are, there have to be others who are talented who don't have such huge character defects.

I watched the "press conference" with these three knuckleheads today. And, by the way, they are not "boys". Of all the team members on all of the U.S.A. college basketball teams, these three thought it might be a fun idea to go out and steal things while in a foreign country? Not one of them, mind you, but three of them!

They lucked out. They are not being tortured in some Chinese prison. But, really, what team needs any one of these three in the future? They are thieves. They were stealing. It wasn't just "stupid" behavior, it was criminal behavior.

I don't care how talented any one of them are, there have to be others who are talented who don't have such huge character defects.

NBA teams beware. You ain't gonna win nothin with Losers like these on your roster.

Did the friend who learned her lesson have POTUS swoop in and arrange for charges to be dropped? Or did she learn her lesson due to actually facing adequate consequences?

Good point. And thinking back, HER parents left her in jail and did not bail her out. So she spent the weekend in there. The other girl was bailed out by Daddy that night. No jail time at all.

I think that is very revealing.

I don't want to agree. But you may be right. :yes:

I totally felt that way before I saw them in the presser. But then they swayed me and they seemed truly humble.

But a lot will depend upon how they are treated now. If all the students give them high 5's, and laugh at how they got away with everything, and treat them like heroes, then it will continue. Especially if they are told by the coaches that they are back on the team, but cant say anything for a couple weeks.

I was on their side in the beginning, mostly because I didn't believe student athletes could actually do something this dumb. UCLA should have kicked them out of school. They can "earn" their way back into NCAA by going to a community college for a year like all of the other student athletes who mess up.
And just be glad they aren't starring in the newest season of Locked Up Abroad.

I was on their side in the beginning, mostly because I didn't believe student athletes could actually do something this dumb. UCLA should have kicked them out of school. They can "earn" their way back into NCAA by going to a community college for a year like all of the other student athletes who mess up.
And just be glad they aren't starring in the newest season of Locked Up Abroad.

That ^^ I totally agree with. UCLA should have terminated their scholarships and kicked them off the team.

The problem for the college is that China dropped all charges. So they cannot punish a student for something that they were never charged with.

Good point. And thinking back, HER parents left her in jail and did not bail her out. So she spent the weekend in there. The other girl was bailed out by Daddy that night. No jail time at all.

I think that is very revealing.

That's just it. If these guys actually had to suffer reasonable consequences they may actually learn a lesson in this saga. But I know athletes this age very well and this will be a running joke in the locker room for their remaining yrs at school.
Humble or not. They didn't learn squat from this.

That ^^ I totally agree with. UCLA should have terminated their scholarships and kicked them off the team.

The problem for the college is that China dropped all charges. So they cannot punish a student for something that they were never charged with.

Oh they can absolutely punish them. I don't even need to look as I am sure UCLA has a student athlete code of conduct. All schools and athletic programs do. I have seen many athletes punished for much less.

The NCAA has said this is a matter between the university and the players. If UCLA released them, they would probably find another junior college or 4 year school to play for. At least this way, they are still contracted with UCLA and the university set the terms of their getting back to active play. I believe the UCLA officials at the news conference stated that the players will be subject to the UCLA athlete code of conduct.

They are not charged with a crime at this point. They have no record from this event. Actually, I think UCLA not releasing them will probably be the most punishment they get out of this whole affair.

I am really curious. If somebody went to China and committed a crime considered by US to be more serious than shoplifting, would people still expect the president get that person off? And would people still be happy that person got off?

I don't want the kids to spend time in a China prison, but they should have lost their scholarships, or, at the very least been benched for the season.

This man ha been in there for five years now and has even attempted suicide, and they have less evidence on him, than they do on these ball players. No one seems to be helping him or his family.

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/08/19/mark-swidan-american-jailed-china-488457.html

NBA teams beware. You ain't gonna win nothin with Losers like these on your roster.

I don't follow basketball, but know enough about football to know that professional sports teams are a'ok with murder and domestic violence, so a little shop lifting probably isn't going to scare any team off.

<modsnip>These criminals didn't learn anything, and they're only sorry they got caught.

I'd love to thank this a million times. It was criminal behavior, not once but THREE TIMES. I'm going to assume that this was premeditated and not spur of the moment.

As far as "thanking" Trump, the morning before the "press conference" Trump asked on Twitter "where's my thank you". So, I look at it as they thanked Trump only because he questioned it.

I didn't feel that their apology was sincere. I saw it late last night and their eyes were reading from a sheet of paper and they had no emotion. Someone wrote that apology and they were just reading from it.

Oh, by the way, UCLA won again last night. This is the second game without these 3 losers. KICK THEM OFF THE TEAM!

Trump to UCLA players: 'You're welcome'
President adds, 'HAVE A GREAT LIFE!'

(CNN) - President Donald Trump on Thursday morning accepted the appreciation of three UCLA basketball players accused of shoplifting in China, offering some fatherly advice while also thanking his Chinese counterpart.

"To the three UCLA basketball players I say: You're welcome, go out and give a big Thank You to President Xi Jinping of China who made your release possible and, HAVE A GREAT LIFE! Be careful, there are many pitfalls on the long and winding road of life!" he said in a series of tweets...

https://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/trump-to-ucla-players-youre-welcome

And if they had to spend time in Chinese prison, then they would have learned a lesson. As it is, I don't think this sets a good example of how to behave, especially when visiting other countries.

Just ask Nancy Kissel...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801