UID Victim: The Asian Male, UP9355, John Doe #8, poss. died 1996-2001, found Gilgo Beach Apr 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm thinking this young man, possibly pre-op transgendered female, might not have been reported missing, if his parents kicked him out of the house for being gay or trans.
He could have been homeless and prostituting for awhile before he was murdered.
LE needs to look at service providers or homeless shelters for LGBT teens in NYC in the early 2000s to see if they remember an Asian client possibly presenting as female and/or prostituting himself.
They should also be interviewing people who worked in gay bars and clubs from that time or late 90s that young people would have frequented to see if they remember any young gay Asian men presenting as female that were known to prostitute or as rent boys.
Another angle is to look at the juvenile and adult criminal case records for prostitution arrests around that time of young Asian men. I would think that young Asian men presenting as female and prostituting themselves in the NYC area during that time would significantly narrow the pool of possibilities.

I would also like to add that, needless to say, given the intersection of factors - a young man presenting as female and prostituting himself pre-social media in the late 90s/early 2000s NY - I don't think you are going to find the Asian male was ever reported missing.

OK he was wearing pic 1 which resembles 2
attachment.php
attachment.php

Pic 2 is a Russian Soviet red star. Hmm.

The Red Star is also used by the Chinese Communist Party as well for symbolism. Imprisoned heart could mean the wearer believes the Communist Party has imprisoned his heart for not letting him love who he wants to love.

I would say this victim is Chinese, not even Chinese American.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Anyone think Asian Male could possibly be William / Jael Hilderbrand?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hilderbrand_william.html
22-year-old, 5'10" Native American trans woman missing from Maine since 11/4/10 (know that they thought Asian Male died around 2006 but maybe the body decomposed faster than usual?)
Kind of a stretch but it's possible that she could have survived the jump and found her way down to New York...

Attachments

• Long_Island_Asian_Male_cropped3.jpg
    Long_Island_Asian_Male_cropped3.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 100
  • img_72036.jpeg
    img_72036.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 105
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/41817/1

This young man is new to the Namus.gov. website...
Thawng Lian Kulh
missing Dec. 1, 2006
Battle Creek, MI
5' 2" - 5' 6"
130-150 lbs
Dropped off at bus station Dec. 2006
DNA tests not complete

Let me know what you think regarding Thawng Kulh as a possible... Thanks.

I've been having trouble posting pictures to websleuths lately...:gaah:
But, just fyi after layering pics of UID and Thawng Kulh together, they appear to have the exact same facial proportions. Hairline, jawline, mouth, nostrils, eyes, and ears all line up.

Also wanted to add, that Mr. Kulh was last seen being dropped off at the Greyhound station in Battle Creek, MI (Dec. 2006). If he had taken a bus to New York, it's final destination would have been the 42nd Port Authority Bus Terminal, where LISK victim Maureen Brainard Barnes was last seen in July 2007.

I've been having trouble posting pictures to websleuths lately...:gaah:
But, just fyi after layering pics of UID and Thawng Kulh together, they appear to have the exact same facial proportions. Hairline, jawline, mouth, nostrils, eyes, and ears all line up.

Also wanted to add, that Mr. Kulh was last seen being dropped off at the Greyhound station in Battle Creek, MI (Dec. 2006). If he had taken a bus to New York, it's final destination would have been the 42nd Port Authority Bus Terminal, where LISK victim Maureen Brainard Barnes was last seen in July 2007.

Received reply from Lori at Namus and she said that both LE agencies are already looking into this match.
Thanks Lori @Namus for getting back with me so quickly.

Received reply from Lori at Namus and she said that both LE agencies are already looking into this match.
Thanks Lori @Namus for getting back with me so quickly.

And thank you to you, Coffeeandacig, for submitting their names and showing that somebody cares about these people and their families. :)

And thank you to you, Coffeeandacig, for submitting their names and showing that somebody cares about these people and their families. :)

Thanks Aslan! I'm learning from the great examples who post on the Unidentified forums.
No update on a rule out in or out yet.

one of the other groups I belong to on FB about LISK posted that Mo Zhang's Namus page is gone now.....that means they must have found his remains, right?

one of the other groups I belong to on FB about LISK posted that Mo Zhang's Namus page is gone now.....that means they must have found his remains, right?
Either changes are being made or His remains were found or he has returned alive.

Last edited:
Yeah, sometimes they'll pull a page for review, especially when they think there might be something serious wrong with the information or something like that. Or as Hounderpounder said, he might have been located alive.

Hopefully they'll make some kind of announcement.

Where's the basis for a possible match to Asian male on OP?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back