UK - 39 bodies found in lorry container, Essex, 23 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you all catch this?

A human rights worker in Vietnam, who has spoken with Tra My's family, revealed she made the perilous journey because her family was in debt and she was desperately trying to help them.

'She had just returned from Japan where she was working to try and pay off the debt. And that was not enough and so she looked for a better future,' she told the BBC.

Asking to remain anonymous, the human rights worker continued: 'For this girl it is very sad that she took the risk because she was dealing with debt that was created by another man in the family.

Essex lorry deaths: Armagh brothers named as suspects are on the run | Daily Mail Online

Seems either amateurish or may be just complacent to rent a trailer in the company name witch they must have known was capable of being tracked!!

Seems either amateurish or may be just complacent to rent a trailer in the company name witch they must have known was capable of being tracked!!

I don't think they thought they would get caught like this. They probably thought if they were caught smuggling people in an unaccompanied trailer they could say they must've snuck in.

It's one thing to get caught smuggling goods, they probably throw the book at them and be done with it without too much investigating, especially if they plead guilty. There is a bit of smoke and mirrors with companies closing and opening under different names etc.

I don't think they thought they would get caught like this. They probably thought if they were caught smuggling people in an unaccompanied trailer they could say they must've snuck in.

It's one thing to get caught smuggling goods, they probably throw the book at them and be done with it without too much investigating, especially if they plead guilty. There is a bit of smoke and mirrors with companies closing and opening under different names etc.
To many questions and few answers, would they normally use a fridge trailer, if it had not been turned off completely but put on a very low it would have circulated air from outside a bit like air conditioning in a car would do, now we go back to the guy who dropped it in Belgium was he used to working a fridge unit,

Last edited:
That'll no doubt include Ronan and Chris Hughes. Chris lives in Armagh and Ronan in Monaghan.

I’m flabbergasted that the fridge trailer firm owners aren’t being nicked and interrogated as well with links to laundering and a fuel smuggling background there also...h
Didn't the press doorknock the Hughes brothers over the weekend? There will be questions to answer now if they've been allowed to go on the run.

He's deactivated. If he's logged into Facebook today, the Police might be able to track his movements through that if he isn't smart enough to use a VPN.
His bro isn’t though .. that profile is still there...the fridge trailer company now need probed a tad deeper I think ... You couldn’t rent a car for a week for their prices let alone an industrial fridge trailer so what did they stand to gain from these transactions and especially given their antecedent history / family links etc... can’t tell me another smuggling family directly associated with this evil mess know nothing about it...

Did you all catch this?

A human rights worker in Vietnam, who has spoken with Tra My's family, revealed she made the perilous journey because her family was in debt and she was desperately trying to help them.

'She had just returned from Japan where she was working to try and pay off the debt. And that was not enough and so she looked for a better future,' she told the BBC.

Asking to remain anonymous, the human rights worker continued: 'For this girl it is very sad that she took the risk because she was dealing with debt that was created by another man in the family.

Essex lorry deaths: Armagh brothers named as suspects are on the run | Daily Mail Online
Feeling so lucky to have been born in a first world country.

I’m flabbergasted that the fridge trailer firm owners aren’t being nicked and interrogated as well with links to laundering and a fuel smuggling background there also...h

His bro isn’t though .. that profile is still there...the fridge trailer company now need probed a tad deeper I think ... You couldn’t rent a car for a week for their prices let alone an industrial fridge trailer so what did they stand to gain from these transactions and especially given their antecedent history / family links etc... can’t tell me another smuggling family directly associated with this evil mess know nothing about it...

Those are standard trailer rental prices, it is also standard to rent trailers for loads. Very very common in hauling. There is even specific insurance coverage for hauling non-owned trailers because most haulers either rent one or just pick up others trailers and loads.

In my opinion the trailer hire company are clean!! They are quite a large outfit and have many customers, if they were involved would you rent a trailer that they new had a tracking device!!!!! No

In my opinion the trailer hire company are clean!! They are quite a large outfit and have many customers, if they were involved would you rent a trailer that they new had a tracking device!!!!! No

So you missed the article where someone went to the registered GTR offices and no one had ever heard of them then

Feeling so lucky to have been born in a first world country.
They knew what the risk was nothing different from the ones trying to cross the English chanel in boats!!! But this lot were coming from a safe country so very little simply here!! Just after work and money and a better life!! Bit like mo and the crew!!!!! like other people!!!!!!!

They knew what the risk was nothing different from the ones trying to cross the English chanel in boats!!! But this lot were coming from a safe country so very little simply here!! Just after work and money and a better life!! Bit like mo and the crew!!!!! like other people!!!!!!!

Are you sure about that?

“There’s a chance you might suffocate to death in the trailer. Okay?”

Hmmm.

Yes of course everyone wants more money and a better life. But most people don’t commit crimes to get it. They don’t exploit other people to get it. And they certainly don’t risk lives to get it.

...and it's time to hit the ignore button again
If you
Are you sure about that?

“There’s a chance you might suffocate to death in the trailer. Okay?”

Hmmm.

Yes of course everyone wants more money and a better life. But most people don’t commit crimes to get it. They don’t exploit other people to get it. And they certainly don’t risk lives to get it.
But they are also coming a crime by trying to enter the UK with out appropriate paper work visa etc,

I watched this unfold like many here and occasionally, again like many here, a real time news story grabs my attention and I head to websleuths. At first I thought that Mo looked very young and innocent and that it was probably a mistake, just like the Gatwick arrests. However when you visit the Hughes pages you can see they are Friends with Mo and with the history of smuggling and now going on the run it seems too far fetched now that this is all a misunderstanding! It's hard to believe that a popular young man with a job he loved and young family on the way would have got involved in something so risky. Goes to show how greed can take over. I too think this won't have been his first time and the way the lorry stopped on a junction still seems bizarre. I hope the police can trace this right back to its roots and also get a message back to those who attempt to come here that it really won't deliver the riches they believe.

Do we have any insight into why the lorry stopped in such a peculiar place? It's road position was half out of a junction IIRC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DMP2816