UK - 39 bodies found in lorry container, Essex, 23 Oct 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why not just before the junction or pulled to the side of the road? Why did he stop in the middle of what would look like a "manoeuvre". I'm going to put some complete speculation here, a theory that he took a call when someone realised about the air and stopped the lorry immediately to check on the people? I do know that papers have quoted locals saying the area is a known drop off point, but it's the positioning in the road that intrigues me.

I find this absolutely unbelievable, too much warning.

"
more arrests to follow:

More arrests are expected to be made in the coming days as officers close in on a network of criminals that operate in county Armagh in Northern Ireland and in county Monaghan, just over the border in the Republic.

Prominent members of the network have interests in transport and logistics firms and sources claim that for the past number of years, the gang has been smuggling alcohol and cigarettes into the UK and Ireland.

It is understood that more recently it has branched out into people smuggling activities through contacts it has established with other international criminal gangs.

Irish people smuggling gang at centre of Essex lorry container deaths has been under investigation 'for a year'"

Ronan O hAodha his brother Chrissy removed his profile this afternoon from fb, no doubt that they will re apere, most likely doing cleaning duties at the moment!!!! do feel sorry for mo,s girlfriend, she is pregnant but apparently she is getting grief aswell,!!!

Last edited:
But why not just before the junction or pulled to the side of the road? Why did he stop in the middle of what would look like a "manoeuvre". I'm going to put some complete speculation here, a theory that he took a call when someone realised about the air and stopped the lorry immediately to check on the people? I do know that papers have quoted locals saying the area is a known drop off point, but it's the positioning in the road that intrigues me.

Maybe because of positioning of cctv and he would just manoeuvre straight back out and leave once everyone was out.

I find this absolutely unbelievable, too much warning.

"
more arrests to follow:

More arrests are expected to be made in the coming days as officers close in on a network of criminals that operate in county Armagh in Northern Ireland and in county Monaghan, just over the border in the Republic.

Prominent members of the network have interests in transport and logistics firms and sources claim that for the past number of years, the gang has been smuggling alcohol and cigarettes into the UK and Ireland.

It is understood that more recently it has branched out into people smuggling activities through contacts it has established with other international criminal gangs.

Irish people smuggling gang at centre of Essex lorry container deaths has been under investigation 'for a year'"

Maybe the warning is intentional to see the activity it causes. There might be more people involved than the six we heard about so far. People in a panic make mistakes ...

28 October 2019:

UK sends extra staff to Zeebrugge after Essex lorry deaths
Priti Patel also announces that more Border Force staff will be deployed at Purfleet

Extra UK immigration officers are to be deployed at the Belgian border port of Zeebrugge and more Border Force staff will operate at Purfleet after 39 people were found dead in a refrigerated trailer in Essex last week, the home secretary has said.

UK sends extra staff to Zeebrugge after Essex lorry deaths

How nice from home secretary to send extra border force to Belgium and Purfleet after the tragedy, however what about all other unatended UK ports which I am sure are or will be used by traffickers/smugglers in very near future?

Quote from article:
A further 62 smaller east coast ports and landing places were "normally unmanned", a report from the UK's border inspectorate said in 2016.

It said that Border Force officers had not attended 27 of the 62 during the 15 months to 30 June 2016.

How some of the UK's ports are not watched

So when Ronan got convicted he had 1188 boxes of 'apples' but only 8 were actually apples.

The death trailer was said to contain 'biscuits' but was empty except from the victims.

One has to wonder how many actual loads of goods these 'hauliers' were moving or whether the whole outfit was just a smoke screen for illegal activities. JMO

Short thread on this development in the Essex case:

Essex lorry deaths: UK police seek two brothers from Armagh

Jack Horgan-Jones on Twitter

We understood late last week that the trailer had been leased by a second Irish business:

Trailer in which 39 people found dead leased from one Irish firm to another

On saturday, we reported that the trailer had been leased by a Ronan Hughes, with the address being given matching that of a C. Hughes Transport in a remote townland in rural Monaghan:

Essex truck deaths: Four Irish people being held by police

On Friday, I had visited that business address and been told by two men to leave immediately, and that I had the wrong address. One of these men was wearing a "C Hughes truck and trailer" jumper. I asked about this and was told 'everyone is Hughes around here'

In a yard adjoining the house I visited, I saw & photographed this truck:

134BF30B-1CCC-434E-9560-009962D6A34C.jpeg

Interesting to note that the truck is no longer visible in the same yard, visited by RTE news cameras (presumably) earlier today

C949EA31-242D-4E17-BE10-5BACEC937706.jpeg

We understood late last week that the trailer had been leased by a second Irish business:

On saturday, we reported that the trailer had been leased by a Ronan Hughes, with the address being given matching that of a C. Hughes Transport in a remote townland in rural Monaghan:

On Friday, I had visited that business address and been told by two men to leave immediately, and that I had the wrong address. One of these men was wearing a "C Hughes truck and trailer" jumper. I asked about this and was told 'everyone is Hughes around here'

View attachment 212110

Interesting to note that the truck is no longer visible in the same yard, visited by RTE news cameras (presumably) earlier today

View attachment 212111

They're sure getting interested in cleaning up their yard!

The data indicates that the trailer made two return trips between Britain and Europe in the days leading up to the discovery, the second of which culminated in the find.

The first departure is understood to have taken place from Dover, with the trailer then making stops in different Belgian towns.

It then briefly crossed into France, stopping in border regions, and then again in Dunkirk, sources said. When it returned to the UK the first time, it twice stopped in Thurrock near the Grays area
GPS data reveals trajectory of refrigerated trailer in which migrants died

View attachment 212110

View attachment 212111

,nothing unusual it's Mid week so most yards would be empty, most likely tramping away until Friday!!

,nothing unusual it's Mid week so most yards would be empty, most likely tramping away until Friday!!

Err the truck hardly looked roadworthy with no front section/bonnet on it.
Edit- my mistake. Can see its machinery in fron tof it that makes it look that way at first glance.

Err the truck hardly looked roadworthy with no front section/bonnet on it.
Edit- my mistake. Can see its machinery in fron tof it that makes it look that way at first glance.
No you’re right. I don’t think it is machinery just the front end dismantled(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzie201