Found Deceased UK - Adrian Lynch, 20, St Lawrence, Jersey, 5 Dec 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
8 months seems like a long time for a body to last in water and make its way to the surface. Maybe the bones were found on the shoreline and that is why they are a bit suspicious? Really weird.

From the photo it looks like the body was found on the edge of the reservoir next to a bank or hedge.
However as they are saying that the body was too decomposed to find the cause of death, how can they be certain that there was no injuries other than broken bones? Even from the dental examination they said it wasn't possible to say definitely that it was Adrian, but likely. So other kinds of injuries such as soft tissue damage, bleeding etc they just couldn't know. Also they said the condition of the body was as expected for a body being in the water for at least a few months, but they are not saying eight months.

Several can mean eight. I'd really need some evidence of anyone else's involvement or even anyone with any motive to hurt him before deciding this death was suspicious.

Several can mean eight. I'd really need some evidence of anyone else's involvement or even anyone with any motive to hurt him before deciding this death was suspicious.

I agree with you, I am just fascinated that his body was still a body after 8 months in the water. It should have mostly dissolved, with bones dislocating and sinking to the bottom by now. At least by whatever grace of nature etc he was found!

I think maybe adipocere would have formed as it was cold and "held" the body together. As it was a reservoir the body was found in there wouldn't be many animals nibbling away at it compared to the sea - if he was in the sea he'd be in many pieces by now.

I think maybe adipocere would have formed as it was cold and "held" the body together. As it was a reservoir the body was found in there wouldn't be many animals nibbling away at it compared to the sea - if he was in the sea he'd be in many pieces by now.

You're absolutely right, I was factoring in more natural interference than there probably was.

INQUEST REPORT

Interesting and thorough... but this part really bothers me: At least three drivers believe they saw Mr Lynch: one spotted feet sticking out a bush; another had to swerve to avoid a body lying in the road;

http://www.bailiwickexpress.com/jsy/news/aaaa/#.WB5hMvkgXIU
I am heartbroken and angry, SO angry that people do NOTHING! There is NO excuse.
I'm a woman, i've been driving at night alone or with just my kids in the car with me and I've come across a situation - do I want to put myself or my kids at risk? No of course not, but do I just keep driving and think 'meh, not my problem'? NO I don't! - I'll pull over somewhere safe, call emergency services and wait for them to arrive ... it's THAT easy ... recently I had a drunk girl outside my house, crying and shouting her boyfriends name. I went out to see what what the heck was going on, it was 1 a.m, they'd been on their way home from the pub and had words and he (what a gentleman!) Went off and left her. So I made her wait by my front door then I got my own daughter (not a child, she's in her 20's) out of bed to come with me while I drove the girl home. Yes I could've ignored her, yes I could've just gone back to bed when she said 'it's okay I'm fine' but it would've been on my conscience if the headlines the next day were '17 year old missing' ... Why? Why do people do nothing? Feet in the hedge!?! Laying in the road??? And they did nothing 😠😢😠😢

I am heartbroken and angry, SO angry that people do NOTHING! There is NO excuse.
I'm a woman, i've been driving at night alone or with just my kids in the car with me and I've come across a situation - do I want to put myself or my kids at risk? No of course not, but do I just keep driving and think 'meh, not my problem'? NO I don't! - I'll pull over somewhere safe, call emergency services and wait for them to arrive ... it's THAT easy ... recently I had a drunk girl outside my house, crying and shouting her boyfriends name. I went out to see what what the heck was going on, it was 1 a.m, they'd been on their way home from the pub and had words and he (what a gentleman!) Went off and left her. So I made her wait by my front door then I got my own daughter (not a child, she's in her 20's) out of bed to come with me while I drove the girl home. Yes I could've ignored her, yes I could've just gone back to bed when she said 'it's okay I'm fine' but it would've been on my conscience if the headlines the next day were '17 year old missing' ... Why? Why do people do nothing? Feet in the hedge!?! Laying in the road??? And they did nothing ��������

I know, I feel exactly the same. Even if they stopped to ask if he was ok they then drove away and left him, I feel they failed their duty of care as a human being not to make sure this young man was safe, though I imagine it's been a life changer for them too, in a way. Several missed opportunities to save Adrian that night, a true tragedy of our times.

I'm a woman, i've been driving at night alone or with just my kids in the car with me and I've come across a situation - do I want to put myself or my kids at risk? No of course not, but do I just keep driving and think 'meh, not my problem'? NO I don't! - I'll pull over somewhere safe, call emergency services and wait for them to arrive ... it's THAT easy ... recently I had a drunk girl outside my house, crying and shouting her boyfriends name. I went out to see what what the heck was going on, it was 1 a.m, they'd been on their way home from the pub and had words and he (what a gentleman!) Went off and left her. So I made her wait by my front door then I got my own daughter (not a child, she's in her 20's) out of bed to come with me while I drove the girl home. Yes I could've ignored her, yes I could've just gone back to bed when she said 'it's okay I'm fine' but it would've been on my conscience if the headlines the next day were '17 year old missing' ... Why? Why do people do nothing? Feet in the hedge!?! Laying in the road??? And they did nothing ��������

You've said it all Mrazda - exactly how I feel. Would have been easy enough for these people to call emergency services and wait for help to arrive. To do nothing, and say nothing is just unbelievable ( well it isnt of course, sadly some people are that self centered ) and I hope it haunts them for the rest of their days.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back