UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The timings absolutely do add up
I’m a complete novice to all this and maybe you’re right...but I find it so confusing that he would have a party, yet 10 mins later (post friends leaving) be so planned out to commit these crimes within 1hr and 40mins. Taking alcohol into the mix...I definitely agree he’s part of it, but I’m starting to suspect a wider circle. Maybe even a ring.

I’m a complete novice to all this and maybe you’re right...but I find it so confusing that he would have a party, yet 10 mins later (post friends leaving) be so planned out to commit these crimes within 1hr and 40mins. Taking alcohol into the mix...I definitely agree he’s part of it, but I’m starting to suspect a wider circle. Maybe even a ring.

A 'ring' was mentioned via island chatter, perhaps not directly involved in this case, but certainly one in existence.

A 'ring' was mentioned via island chatter, perhaps not directly involved in this case, but certainly one in existence.
I’m not privy to island chatter and that makes it even clearer to me. I haven’t seen anything on social media, either.

Yes, I had watched 2 videos I found when the murder happened but none where he spoke. In one I watched there was no audio at all. In another parkour one only laughing and some shouting (maybe not by him even) that was indistinct. I have just found one now that has him speaking while trampolining and watched it. I don't think he seems well spoken for what that is worth though. Just a normal Scottish lad. Do others think he sounds well spoken? Perhaps I am not good at judging the west coast accent as I don't hear it normally? I don't really believe our accents don't have much to indicate regarding criminality either way of course.

I don’t think anyone on here thought that accents indicate criminality either.

I think some of us just had in our head that he would sound more like a ned/chav. Which he doesn’t. So perhaps not some people’s perception of ‘well spoken’ but better spoken than some of us expected.

I think it’s because when we first hear of a crime, we automatically build a profile without hearing all that facts and details and when it doesn’t match, we have an ‘Oh!’ moment!

I reckon the accused mother lied about how much alcohol he drank.

But anyway, look at timelines been published here. It does add up 100%. From memory the party ended about 12.27 but he went out around 1.54am

On the question of planned vs impromptu, I'm seeing lots of signs of pre-planning. Not to say that there wasn't a level of improvisation during the actual crime. As a (fairly) inexperienced criminal his planning was just not adequate enough. He made rookie mistakes. But that doesn't preclude that he made a plan to kidnap, rape and murder Alesha specifically.

The timing at the end of the school year and hosting a party at home, gave him lots of people that saw him. I wouldn't take his word about how much he said he drank or that he was so stoned. Much of the testimony of witnesses are them repeating what he told them about drinking or feeling depressed. All that self-reporting is unreliable. Useful for him to have a witness pass on that information as factual. It was him setting up an alibi IMO.

The boasting and attention seeking behavior of posting a video to claim that "he did it" to his friends can't be written off as juvenile behavior. He was proud of pulling it off, but couldn't take direct credit. But he drew attention to himself in the community. A 16 year old excluding his mother from the initial police interview would be unusual. He was crafting his story to fit whatever the police were throwing at him without having his mother contradict him on the facts.

He picked a relatively easy to control sleeping 6 year old victim. On the flip side, a sick child murder brought a lot of attention and police and community effort to identifying the assailant. He probably knew the general patterns of the family and how easy it was to gain entrance. He probably did a trial run.

Didn't he know about the CCTV at his house? I think his mother might have wanted in general to keep an eye on him, so kept it on even when the relative with dementia was no longer living there. She's caught him in lies before, but had some niggling doubts about him and his behavior. Picking a high profile victim and his cockiness seem to have quickly undermined his plans. Kidnapping is not a haphazard spur of the moment action.

What if the accused knew o
On the question of planned vs impromptu, I'm seeing lots of signs of pre-planning. Not to say that there wasn't a level of improvisation during the actual crime. As a (fairly) inexperienced criminal his planning was just not adequate enough. He made rookie mistakes. But that doesn't preclude that he made a plan to kidnap, rape and murder Alesha specifically.

The timing at the end of the school year and hosting a party at home, gave him lots of people that saw him. I wouldn't take his word about how much he said he drank or that he was so stoned. Much of the testimony of witnesses are them repeating what he told them about drinking or feeling depressed. All that self-reporting is unreliable. Useful for him to have a witness pass on that information as factual. It was him setting up an alibi IMO.

The boasting and attention seeking behavior of posting a video to claim that "he did it" to his friends can't be written off as juvenile behavior. He was proud of pulling it off, but couldn't take direct credit. But he drew attention to himself in the community. A 16 year old excluding his mother from the initial police interview would be unusual. He was crafting his story to fit whatever the police were throwing at him without having his mother contradict him on the facts.

He picked a relatively easy to control sleeping 6 year old victim. On the flip side, a sick child murder brought a lot of attention and police and community effort to identifying the assailant. He probably knew the general patterns of the family and how easy it was to gain entrance. He probably did a trial run.

Didn't he know about the CCTV at his house? I think his mother might have wanted in general to keep an eye on him, so kept it on even when the relative with dementia was no longer living there. She's caught him in lies before, but had some niggling doubts about him and his behavior. Picking a high profile victim and his cockiness seem to have quickly undermined his plans. Kidnapping is not a haphazard spur of the moment action.

It was so weird to draw attention to himself that “what if” someone had told him to do it? It’s so bizarre and incriminating, I can’t understand why he would do that?

Hi another newbie here but avid lurked on here.

I can't help but think, maybe, when he says he lost his phone there was an element of truth in that and perhaps the 3rd time he went out with the torch was because as he returned home he realised he had lost it and that's why he was so frantic and went back to look and retrieve.
Alot of liars like to mix in elements of truth when they can as the lie is then mixed about and there for harder to detect amongst truth. Jesus I hope that makes sense go easy on me it's my first post

Condoms - spermicide or not there would still be dna , imo.

ALSO....there is no condom in evidence, only the accused saying there was one when the accused alleges he and Toni had sex, (not), the night/morning of Alesha's disappearance and the accused alleges Toni took the used condom and it's contents to the crime scene when she allegedly, per the accused's defence, killed Alesha and then Toni spread accused's semen at crime scene to frame accused.

Hi guys, newbie here, go easy haha.

Some really insightful and intelligent input on the site I’m reading with interest.

Nothing ground breaking but I’ve got to agree with posters who feel the attack it’s self wasn’t premeditated. IMO the calls made to RM and TM where indeed to obtain drugs, I think the fact he attempted to call other drug dealers on the island and told his friend he planned to get stoned and go to sleep adds to this. I can’t think of a logical or beneficial situation where the accused would call his victims parent before the attack.

Has he left his house with the intention of obtaining drugs, went to the MacPhails property and realised he can access it as the key is in the door and from this point on the opportunity to live out whatever has been going on in his sick mind presented its self to him ? The only issue I have with that is that he allegedly left the house with a knife. ( which would make you think it was planned) although given what he has allegedly just committed its possible he carried a knife regularly. I’m really struggling to comprehend how a drunk 16 year old could manage to and plan to remove the poor wee girl from a house with 4 adults.

This is an interesting take. So do you think Alesha was random or do you think there was a reason behind it?

Also, I think you are right about the boasting! I believe he got some gratification telling them, because at that point it was his dirty little secret.

Hi another newbie here but avid lurked on here.

I can't help but think, maybe, when he says he lost his phone there was an element of truth in that and perhaps the 3rd time he went out with the torch was because as he returned home he realised he had lost it and that's why he was so frantic and went back to look and retrieve.
Alot of liars like to mix in elements of truth when they can as the lie is then mixed about and there for harder to detect amongst truth. Jesus I hope that makes sense go easy on me it's my first post

Hi Gimme and welcome to Websleuths

Yep, your post made perfect sense. I do think this could be what had happened. Mix a bit of truth into the lies.

If he had lost anything else, chances are he would have used his phone torch to search with. So the fact that he had to take a torch with him, could indicate it was the phone he was looking for. Plus, he was running as he left, which might have meant he needed to go all the way back to the crime scene, rather than just searching around his own garden/house.

Hi Gimme and welcome to Websleuths

Yep, your post made perfect sense. I do think this could be what had happened. Mix a bit of truth into the lies.

If he had lost anything else, chances are he would have used his phone torch to search with. So the fact that he had to take a torch with him, could indicate it was the phone he was looking for. Plus, he was running as he left, which might have meant he needed to go all the way back to the crime scene, rather than just searching around his own garden/house.

Imagine him returning to that horrific crime scene, picking up his phone and then leaving again. Then going to bed to sleep. What a dark, disturbing case this really is.

I wonder if his smiley face message the next morning was an 'up yours' type message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange