UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldnt normally find a chair lift in a communal stair well though would you? I mean you might but the odds are small.
It was described in one of the papers as an “attic flat”, which would imply that the only stairs were in the stairwell leading to the front door. Unless there is such a thing as a flat on two levels?

It was described in one of the papers as an “attic flat”, which would imply that the only stairs were in the stairwell leading to the front door. Unless there is such a thing as a flat on two levels?

sorry got distracted there - as far as I understand it,from similar properties I have seen, the stairwell on the outside of the building (which is totally enclosed - see attached pic ) leads from the ground floor door to the first floor flat door.

The first floor flat has 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, bathroom

There should then be an internal staircase - internal within the first floor flat - which leads up to the attic bedroom, which was Alesha's room

Attachments

• Alesha back view of house.jpg
    Alesha back view of house.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

There is, my sister owns a flat that is two levels. When inside you would think you are in a normal house and not in a flat

I'm assuming the Jury will have seen photos of the stairwell ? So they will know ?

Indeed. There's no way to know how the residents consider the stairs without seeing photographs. In my cottage flat there was no door at the top of the stairs, they came out into a hallway that one accessed all other rooms from. However as there is an attic conversion at the property Alesha was in one would assume a door at the top and the bottom (it's a fire safety requirement to have a self-closing door between stairway and all rooms on every level of a 3 or more level property). So we MAY (assuming the conversion had been done properly) assume there was at least a door at the top of the stairs. Whether that door had a lock on it that the family used is unknown to us. Whether the stairway was bare with just a stairlift OR carpeted, with pictures hung and coat hooks at the bottom is unknown to us. We don't know, when they say "never been in the home" whether they mean through the door at the bottom or through a theoretical door at the top.

For me it seems pretty unimportant. We can't know for sure HOW he removed Alesha from the property, but the idea that anyone else raped and murdered her, given the DNA evidence, is so remote his attempt at defence is laughable. TM, using a used condom he'd discarded on the shore, absolutely covered Alesha's body inside and out in his semen and skin cells and fibres from his clothes without transferring ANY of her own DNA? It's the "a big kid done it and ran away" story of an immature mind. I feel absolutely awful for his mother.

IMO I believe there is some truth to the relationship betweeb TM and Accused. I think RM knows this too otgerwise why would he storm out of the room.

He managed to stay through the whole of the other evidence which IMO was worse to listen to.

JMO

I get that you aren’t entirely convinced by the prosecution but are you convinced of the defence so far or can you also see holes in that too? Just genuinely curious to another point of view.

Of course - i stated earlier that i didn't buy the lost joggers story, but i DO think there is something else which is significant in this. I think the accused is operating with a degree of bravado but i also think he is telling the truth regarding TM, and if that is the case then it opens a huge can of worms.

I get why certain people are so determined to see him sent down, but at the very least that poor little girl deserves the truth to come out should there be more to this case than what seems obvious.

Only going to say it one more time the palm print was found in the internal home only used by the MacPhail family. Earlier we debated if the accused could of left it on a previous visit due to RM not being entirely sure if the accused had been inside his home but the accused has just admitted he was never in the house, well he was certainly never ‘invited’ in that’s for sure.

Still innocent in your eyes?
Just because it's only used to access their flat does not automatically mean it's not left open and public known to them do not go up the stairs and knock at the flat door

Fraser Knight‏ @Fraser_Knight

Prosecution says: “Alesha was carried to where she died. Toni couldn’t have carried her could she? You could’ve carried her” Accused says: “I have no experience in carrying people so I don’t know”

TM could easily lift her (via photos), not sure she could carry her that distance?

IMO I believe there is some truth to the relationship betweeb TM and Accused. I think RM knows this too otgerwise why would he storm out of the room.

He managed to stay through the whole of the other evidence which IMO was worse to listen to.

JMO
Maybe it’s more of a “ you killed and raped my daughter and now your trying to make out you slept with my girlfriend too?” I really feel for rab. I see him pictured outside court today and it broke my heart. When will The guy get a break?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COSMO58