UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
11:12

KEY EVENT

Ms McLachlan 'had bad feeling' about accused

Ms McLachlan told a pal she had a “bad feeling” about the accused after Alesha vanished, the court hears.

Friend Lindsay Calderwood, 20, is now giving evidence at the High Court.

She says she was out searching for Alesha with Ms McLachlan after the youngster disappeared.

She tells jurors Ms McLachlan said, “I have a bad feeling”, about the teenager, as they searched.

The alleged comment was made before Alesha’s body was discovered.

Ms Calderwood has been described as a “good friend” of Ms McLachlan.

Boy accused of murdering Alesha MacPhail, 6, denies rape

maybe because he was the only person to have tried to contact her overnight - and it was strange?

Fraser Knight‏ @Fraser_Knight

Witness tells the court Toni Mclachlan was in her house a few days after Alesha had died. She says Toni said something along the lines of “she’s in a better place” which she says seemed a bit odd to her and her boyfriend.

You say this when someone has suffered a long illness. You say this when someone dies after having a poor quality of life. You do not say this when a 6 year old child has been brutally murdered.

TM is little more than a kid herself, she was probably just repeating what she’d heard her elders say before.

Witness tells the court Toni Mclachlan was in her house a few days after Alesha had died. She says Toni said something along the lines of “she’s in a better place” which she says seemed a bit odd to her and her boyfriend.

You say this when someone has suffered a long illness. You say this when someone dies after having a poor quality of life. You do not say this when a 6 year old child has been brutally murdered.

Hmm, I see where you are coming from. I believe the claim earlier in the trial was that she said "it's for the best".

I think it's acceptable in any death regardless of circumstance. There is no doubt that poor child is in a better place than the place she was in just prior to her death.

Connor Gillies‏Verified account @ConnorGillies
Lindsay says she told police “I always thought Toni was jealous of Alesha as she felt threatened by the time and attention” Rab gave his daughter.

Heart Scotland News‏ @HeartScotNews
When asked what she thought Toni and Alesha’s relationship was like, she tells the defence “they were happy and they got on really well. Toni was good to her.” Says she had no concerns about what Toni thought of Alesha.

Is this same witness ?

Regarding Toni saying 'she's in a better place' or similar - I know many people who truly believe that no one would want to live following such a brutal attack and would be better off not surviving it. That is not my own opinion.

The text exchange between TM and the accused had “kisses” in it. It seemed to be a text between people who had some affection for one another. TM had an on-off relationship with RM and they had only been back together for 6 weeks. I don’t doubt that TM confided in the accused, they were around the same age and she sold him cannabis now and again. They may even have chatted on instagram. May even had had some degree of romantic/sexual involvement. The best lies contain a kernal of truth. She was only 16 when she got together with RM who was a fair bit older. She seems to me to be a vulnerable young person. There is absolutely no evidence of her being violent in any way. She is someone easily taken advantage of imo and this is what the accused is doing here by trying to shift blame on to her.

James Matthews:

"Court hears police statement that Lindsay Calderwood gave to police. She said she always felt Toni was jealous of Alesha, felt threatened by the time & attention Rab (Alesha’s dad) gave Alesha. Said Toni was obsessive with Rab and they always fell out when he had Alesha"

Defence case is now closed.

Closing submissions from both sides will take place shortly.

And just like that....

I don't think the rest will take long. Maybe a verdict today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ifgchester