UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
James Matthews:

"Court hears police statement that Lindsay Calderwood gave to police. She said she always felt Toni was jealous of Alesha, felt threatened by the time & attention Rab (Alesha’s dad) gave Alesha. Said Toni was obsessive with Rab and they always fell out when he had Alesha"

Not sure how that helps the defence case. Is someone who’s supposedly obsessed and prone to jealousy over their boyfriend, really likely to be having an affair with a schoolboy?

I don't think the rest will take long. Maybe a verdict today?

The prosecution, defence and judge all have to do their summing up first. I think the court will adjourn this afternoon after the prosecution has finished as they don't like to split a summing up with an adjournment. Defence will sum up tomorrow morning. Judge tomorrow afternoon, then jury deliberations will start. So Friday would be earliest for a verdict. The 2 weeks estimate is accurate.

Not sure how that helps the defence case. Is someone who’s supposedly obsessed and prone to jealousy over their boyfriend, really likely to be having an affair with a schoolboy?

Exactly. Makes no sense. None of it. I think in every relationship whereby one has a child jealousy comes into play, doesn’t mean you don’t care for the child or want to bring any harm to it. TM has literally confided in someone she thought was a friend who has in turn twisted everything she has said for the defences benefit. It’s sick.

IMO If all this domestic abuse is 100% correct (not saying it isn’t) then surely it would make so much more sense for TM, who would understandably feel hatred and angry towards RM and maybe his family if they turned a blind eye like one witness stated, if she framed RM and not the accused. It would be easier to obtain RMs DNA, she wouldn’t risk being seen on CCTV (which she has not) meeting the accused. It doesn’t make any sense why she would frame the accused. For what reason? If we take what the accused has said as fact by his own words he was like a person she confided in, someone to trust. Why then frame him because you are angry at your boyfriend? Just rambling here, I will be shocked if he isn’t found guilty.

I saw no actual evidence to substantiate any of this morning's claims. The prosecution presented online messages, CCTV, scientific analysis. All I heard was "I THINK she was jealous", "I THINK I saw the couple on the street" etc. Absolutely nothing. If TM was jealous of Alesha, show us the texts she sent or something! Give some evidence.

So has the defence case closed having absolutely zero evidence that TM was involved in this ? even if they lied regarding the domestic abuse it changes nothing for me. As for TM possibly feeling an annoyed or jealous that Alesha had to stay for 3 weeks, she’s an 18 year old girl. She would naturally want to live the life of an 18 year old. Taking on a role as a step mother when your so young would be extremely difficult. It’s hard enough having your own kid at that age and missing an exciting time of your life. I’m not saying this gives any validation to the defences case I just think it would be a natural feeling for her so would take nothing from it.

IMO If all this domestic abuse is 100% correct (not saying it isn’t) then surely it would make so much more sense for TM, who would understandably feel hatred and angry towards RM and maybe his family if they turned a blind eye like one witness stated, if she framed RM and not the accused. It would be easier to obtain RMs DNA, she wouldn’t risk being seen on CCTV (which she has not) meeting the accused. It doesn’t make any sense why she would frame the accused. For what reason? If we take what the accused has said as fact by his own words he was like a person she confided in, someone to trust. Why then frame him because you are angry at your boyfriend? Just rambling here, I will be shocked if he isn’t found guilty.

That makes no sense. If she was obsessive over RM and jealous of his relationship with his daughter why would she frame him ? That would mean she would end up with nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member