UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't bear thinking about does it ? Do you know the area at all ? I keep thinking she was found in a place other than the big circle in the media. which makes those quick trips fit in with your thoughts and mine would be so easy if its where I read it was, sorry for being vague just don't want to put any details in case im wrong
Yeah. I think so too. I don’t think it was the area in the media as it’s too far in, I think it was more nearer the bushes on the outskirts, where the police tape was and Where the stairs are imbedded in the bushes. close to the red phone box..

Both closing addresses have now been delivered. As someone else, I think it was Alyce, mentioned, they were relatively brief. In many trials (perhaps not this one as it seems to be zipping along rather swiftly), there can be legal discussions from counsel in the absence of the jury re judge's summing up re certain things that they would like to be pointed out to the jury. This can take some time, or it may not even happen at all. The summing up may not take that long, but the judge will provide a brief outline of the case put to the jury by each party (prosecution and defence) and raise any points which he may find relevant whilst remaining impartial. There is all the usual procedural bumpf that the judge is obliged to mention in every single case. The jury is then sent off to deliberate. Who knows what they are thinking or how long this may take. When they eventually return with their verdict the judge's associate then takes that verdict from the foreperson. If the accused is found guilty, then the prosecution is allowed to raise certain matters before the jury (that's how it happens in Australia, I was a judge's associate in court of N.S.W. for 17 years), and if, as some have hinted at, that this particular accused has a "history" that is then permitted to be revealed now that the verdict is in, if that verdict is one of guilty. I am glad that I am not on this jury. I have very mixed feelings about so much of it. I honestly feel that there is so much more to this case. The dna is a concern, to be sure. However, I have sat on a trial where it has been found that dna was transferred deliberately to frame that accused. I know for a fact that juries are never privy to the whole of the evidence in a trial as it would prejudice the case for the accused or sometimes cast doubt on certain statements/evidence for the prosecution. My wish is that dear wee Alesha is safe and well now, and at peace, and that true justice shall prevail in this dreadful, evil case and that her loved ones manage to survive this horror.
Very good post imo. I am of the same believe that there is much more to this in the background I do not understand why the father and girlfriend have lied about there whereabouts that night for a start Secondly i cannot get my head around the fact that the accussed headed off that night to get alesha knowing nothing of the fact the door was open, the bedroom doir sqeeked, the actual room she slept in and of course she may have even slept inbeside the father or have still been awake Too many inconsistences for me

Yeah. I think so too. I don’t think it was the area in the media as it’s too far in, I think it was more nearer the bushes on the outskirts, where the police tape was and Where the stairs are imbedded in the bushes. close to the red phone box..

That's what I thought, Thanks just confirms it doesn't it :(

Doesn't bear thinking about does it ? Do you know the area at all ? I keep thinking she was found in a place other than the big circle in the media. which makes those quick trips fit in with your thoughts and mine would be so easy if its where I read it was, sorry for being vague just don't want to put any details in case im wrong

I know the area very well yes. The quick trips fit with your theory.

Very good post imo. I am of the same believe that there is much more to this in the background I do not understand why the father and girlfriend have lied about there whereabouts that night for a start Secondly i cannot get my head around the fact that the accussed headed off that night to get alesha knowing nothing of the fact the door was open, the bedroom doir sqeeked, the actual room she slept in and of course she may have even slept inbeside the father or have still been awake Too many inconsistences for me

That’s only if you think this was pre meditated which I don’t believe it was, he left his house that night looking for cannabis I don’t doubt that, but he has stumbled across or seen an opportunity while doing that with alesha. It was impulse it wasn’t planned.

Where the red phone box is, just across the road is concealed stairs, at the top of them runs a wall alongside the road. That was the scene.

So at the top of the stairs what exactly is it? Just woodland? Do you have to walk a bit to get to the woodland...

I think sheer luck and opportunity, most child murders aren't planned. They are opportunists For some reason and I don't know what, I also think there is more to the story and they maybe were involved at some point . But I believe he alone, took that wee girl and nothing that they may, or may not have done, would justify what came after.

That’s only if you think this was pre meditated which I don’t believe it was, he left his house that night looking for cannabis I don’t doubt that, but he has stumbled across or seen an opportunity while doing that with alesha. It was impulse it wasn’t planned.
Maybe so do you think the father and girlfriend are telling the truth

I don't think the prosecution have suggested he went planning to get her, only that he took her once there. Given he'd been drinking and gone, it seems, out looking for drugs (had texted various people he'd had drugs from before) in a fairly dark mood (friend said he was suicidal) i can believe he saw her/took the opportunity.

I don't see many inconsistencies TBH. His DNA is really all over her, not just his semen inside her catastrophically injured genitals, but all over her skin including over the bruising on other parts of her body. Fibres from clothes he admits are his (saying he lost them in the sea) are on her clothes. He's seen coming and going on his own home CCTV 3 times in the night, and at times which correspond to another figure being seen on other CCTV footage from other addresses. If he isn't a rapist and a murderer then he's the unluckiest boy in the world and has been framed by a criminal mastermind who somehow orchestrated him losing his clothes, got them from the sea, rubbed them on the child, returned them to the sea, managed to get some of his semen and planted it too, all completely undetected without leaving any other DNA or other evidence of themselves. Is Toni that criminal mastermind? As a fairly typical seeming smallish teenage girl is she a likely candidate for the violent sexual murder of her partner's 6yo? Perhaps it was not her and Bute is home to another incredibly skilled violent paedophilic rapist with grudges against local teenagers, but it just doesn't seem at all likely to me. IMOO if it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Where the red phone box is, just across the road is concealed stairs, at the top of them runs a wall alongside the road. That was the scene.

As a local what do you make of the estimated timings? I keep looking at google maps and i just can't see it being 6 or 7 minutes from his CCTV, i bet he could do that in 3?

As a local what do you make of the estimated timings? I keep looking at google maps and i just can't see it being 6 or 7 minutes from his CCTV, i bet he could do that in 3?

I'm not from the island but I am a regular visitor.

On the question of timings I would say if he was running or walking fast then certainly a lot less, yep.

I'm not from the island but I am a regular visitor.

On the question of timings I would say if he was running or walking fast then certainly a lot less, yep.

Thank you Its where I thought and knew those short trips were do-able :/ At least the jury will have seen that too

Maybe he had been paying close attention to things Toni said in the past about her life with Rab, that they shared a room, that Rab's daughter slept on her own, etc. Maybe he was storing all this info away whenever Toni was venting about Rab. And as for the unlocked door...well I think a lot of people on Rothesay are not that careful about locking their doors....I often walk past cars with their windows down, parked on the side of the road. And we never hear of cars getting stolen here, or people's houses being burgled. Not saying this is what happened, just an idea.

Maybe so do you think the father and girlfriend are telling the truth
I think the only reason they would lie is coz rab is on bail for domestic violence so they both don’t want to drop him in it. I think that’s the only reason why they would lie if they are lying... I don’t think it’s got anything to do with alesha

The thought of him going back to that crime scene gets me. That back road he would have taken in the darkness to then come across the horror he had inflicted just a short time before. Was he checking if he had left something, checking if she was dead? I wonder if he got enjoyment seeing it again?

This is another reason I doubt his story .. very few women would feel comfortable going into the woods alone in the middle of the night. I saw in a newspaper report that the defence stated in closing that the injuries inflicted “weren’t just for sexual gratification, but to inflict pain too”. Now it’s one thing saying TM was jealous enough to want to kill .. but where was there any suggestion if TM warning sexual gratification .. I find that a bit of an odd thing for the defence to say tbh

A boy of this age to go into a house and kidnap a young girl and then after the horror pop out covering his tracks
Then to Act no different after an event like this and even joke with friends is frightening he then puts the family through this case/ordeal and even takes the stand is a very dangerous narcissistic who imo ranks up with the worst I have seen over the years
The age and the little things like asking his mum to leave the room when talking to the police is unbelievable at such a young age showing control after such an act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela