UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new so apologies if this is the wrong thing to say but...
Could the missed call to TM perhaps be a signal to "check" Alesha and then put the key in after AC left with her? Just a thought

Hi. It's always good to have different theories, although some people will obviously disagree/dislike what you said because the accused was already found guilty and TM was never charged with anything. But It's up to you to make up your own mind what you think though.

This made me chuckle though.

When was this alleged argument between the father and TM supposed to have taken place? After 11 pm?

I think so, yes.

Ugh I've got so many unanswered questions, it's really annoying me! Does anyone know how to send a letter to a prisoner? I know it sounds ludicrous but I'm genuinely considering it.
Taylor, that sounds like a plan. I would imagine that you would send it to : Mr. A.T.C. care of (think that he is currently in Polmont, or at least he was) Or you ring them up there and ask for his prison number to enable you to put it on the envelope (in case there is more than one A.T.C). Yep, it is doing my head in, too, all of these gaps. MrAsda (sorry if the spelling is incorrect) has rightfully pointed out that the trial is now over, but many of us feel, like you, that something is not sitting right. Again, I shall repeat that I am not stating that the jury got it wrong, just that there is something not quite right. Good luck with your letter and give your wee cat a pat from me.

Taylor, that sounds like a plan. I would imagine that you would send it to : Mr. A.T.C. care of (think that he is currently in Polmont, or at least he was) Or you ring them up there and ask for his prison number to enable you to put it on the envelope (in case there is more than one A.T.C). Yep, it is doing my head in, too, all of these gaps. MrAsda (sorry if the spelling is incorrect) has rightfully pointed out that the trial is now over, but many of us feel, like you, that something is not sitting right. Again, I shall repeat that I am not stating that the jury got it wrong, just that there is something not quite right. Good luck with your letter and give your wee cat a pat from me.

Yes he's currently in Polmont, I don't know if he might get moved after sentencing though, but it is the only YOI in Scotland so I don't see where he would go to? Hmm, are prison numbers not private though? Do you need to be a family member for that? I know it's really frustrating isn't it. Yes me neither, the jury did what they had to do, especially after sitting through such a horrible trial. I'm sure it was an awful experience. Thank you. Haha I will do!

All the things you mentioned have been bothering me too. I was also like to know, AC has said he had sex with TM that night, with TM providing the condom. Did they always use a condom or was this something unusual?
Interesting question and one for the defence to ask. However, so many relevant questions weren't asked of many at the trial and even some relevant witnesses not called. The defence were better than the prosecution imo with what they went with and how they presented but they were both a bit poor. Show trial anyone?

Also, the grandmother has said she feels guilty about leaving the key in the door, what time did the grandparents go to bed and were TM and RM outside arguing after this, so who did leave the key in the door?

Well, the granddad was in bed at 10-10.30 pm i believe as Alesha jumped on his bed to wish him good night and say how much she loved him. There has been no mention of the gran and what time she hit the sack but we can only assume it was after 11pm ish at least as her son was outside at this time. Early on in the thread there was talk of front doors and back doors so it's possible that the door used by RM and TM was a different one to the gran so could explain things.

I must admit that, as soon as i heard the gran saying she left the key in the door it reminded me of the mccann's open shutter/unlocked balcony door scenario. Anyone else?

I have watched it, yes. So you think his friends just didn't believe any of the negative things said about him and that's why they weren't bothered?

I also didn't mean it in just a sexual way, I was meaning even just in terms of friendship and having people wanting to hang around and spend time with him too.

Some won't believe it, some won't allow themselves to believe it or, what would that make them? I mean who is friends with someone like that? What kind of person would that make you if you were friends with someone like him???
He's also almost certainly fun to be around and likely a bit needy and attention seeking and there will be friends who happily gave him that attention as that made them feel needed.
He had money (enough to be buying £30 of cannabis and alcohol) and his mum didn't appear to mind too much if they did exactly as they pleased ...
He was nice enough looking and girls love a boy who can dance or do back flips ...

I'm sure his darker deeds were lied about or laughed off as 'just joking' ...

Last edited:
(AC’s) mum... said she was urged to check footage last July 2 by the aunt of Toni McLachlan...

She recalled: “She said to me to look at 2am onwards because that’s the last time Toni saw her in bed

‘ I waited for my friend to finish work and said to her, ‘Look, I’ve gone through that CCTV from the time that you’ve said and he has gone out and come back’.

“She said, ‘Well, you better phone the police’.”

So, Toni saw Alesha at 2am

Were we, and more importantly the jury, aware of this ?
Pretty sure it was earlier than this . she turned off Pepa pig and kissed goodnight . Alesha was sleeping and then back to bed . About 12 but would have to go back over timeline 2 would mean minutes until guilty party arrived

Yeah, there’s a part of it that doesn’t quite make sense, I think he’s guilty but I’m sure there’s more to it.

Can you link me your theory, I’d like to read it..

I wonder a bit also. Of the three charges, I wondered if the kidnapping charges would not stick. Due to lack of DNA at MacPhail home, etc.

I think there were other timings in that article which were incorrect. Didn’t it also say AC was only gone an hour and returned at 3am?
No it was 90 min confirmed by CCTV at his house

I was hoping this was the case so that i could convince myself of a sound conviction. However, someone on here posted a twitter interaction with (i believe) a journo inside the court and he said that basically everything (minus a few irrelevant tit bits) was in public domain and nothing restricted. So we know as much as them it seems.

No, you and I (thank the fluffing king of Christmas because, just no!) haven't seen the photos if that poor child and her Injuries.

You and I have not sat through hours of evidence, hours of expert witness testimony, hours of noting body language and listening to every word spoken over the best part of 2 weeks.

If you think you know as much from a few tweets as a juror then ... well! I can't say what I think politely.

He admitted the jogging trousers were his he said he lost them days before,

Yes, but there was no suggestion the fibres were from these jogging bottoms just ones similar, i.e. from a pair of jogging bottoms.
I think the suspicion comes from the fact that he 'dumped' them. The killer was wearing jogging bottoms, AC dumped his bottoms ergo AC killed her wearing these jogging bottoms. Basically circumstantial evidence of the most flimsy kind (unless one assumes him guilty while still innocent).
Like i said, this evidence would stick if it was an unusual item of clothing worn only by AC but it wasn't. You can't get any less unusual than a pair of dark jogging bottoms for a teenage lad.

Interesting question and one for the defence to ask. However, so many relevant questions weren't asked of many at the trial and even some relevant witnesses not called. The defence were better than the prosecution imo with what they went with and how they presented but they were both a bit poor. Show trial anyone?

Well, the granddad was in bed at 10-10.30 pm i believe as Alesha jumped on his bed to wish him good night and say how much she loved him. There has been no mention of the gran and what time she hit the sack but we can only assume it was after 11pm ish at least as her son was outside at this time. Early on in the thread there was talk of front doors and back doors so it's possible that the door used by RM and TM was a different one to the gran so could explain things.

I must admit that, as soon as i heard the gran saying she left the key in the door it reminded me of the mccann's open shutter/unlocked balcony door scenario. Anyone else?

The gran is not Roberts mum. There’s is only one door into their flat up the stairs and through it, the bottom close door was always opened

Do you think he’s not guilty?

It said the fibres were indiscriminate meaning no difference in fibres. Yes there may be other jogging trousers like it but his dna was also found on them

Butler, I understand what you are saying. However, my response was to another poster, who, like myself, does not believe that if he had been present inside the flat, that in this day and age, evidence of DNA would have been found. I am sure that the authorities went over it in very fine detail.

I don't think DNA is shed as copiously as one might imagine. If someone goes in and out of a room without touching anything, it's possible that they wouldn't leave any DNA traces.

All the things you mentioned have been bothering me too. I was also like to know, AC has said he had sex with TM that night, with TM providing the condom. Did they always use a condom or was this something unusual?
Also, the grandmother has said she feels guilty about leaving the key in the door, what time did the grandparents go to bed and were TM and RM outside arguing after this, so who did leave the key in the door?
If by chance AC was telling the truth, could a third person have been the shadowy figure on the CCTV, while AC and TM were having sex in the shelter?
There's so many things going through my head about this case.

BBM

You are assuming that the convicted liars TALE about twice a week sex with Toni are true?

Twice a week sex for nearly 2 years, on a tiny island where everyone knows what's what ... all the while behind Rabs back and Aaron's girlfriends back and yet not a single witness came forward to corroborate? Not a single text, email, messenger or any digital communication to confirm it ever happened at all ....

Could it be that he did intend to go out to buy drugs, couldn't get an answer... Thought he might see if he could steal them and then came across Alesha as she slept walked? Not sure if she could get herself out of house but wondering if he stumbled across her rather than go looking for her?
Is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member