UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legally Bland

Reaction score
The body of a young girl has been found on the Isle of Bute.

Police said a female child's body was discovered in woods at about 09:00 on Monday.

Police were alerted that a six-year-old girl was missing from her home in Rothesay at 06:25 on Monday.

The body was discovered in the grounds of a former hotel on Ardbeg Road. A spokeswoman for Police Scotland confirmed that an inquiry had been launched.

Body of young girl found on Isle of Bute

The former hotel concerned is believed to be the Kyles Hydro in Port Bannatyne, two miles north of Rothesay. An area of woodland is understood to have been cordoned off by police.

Police searching for missing six-year-old girl on Bute find child's body | HeraldScotland

Thread #1
Threat #2

Thread #3

A body has been found in the search for a six-year-old girl on a Scottish island.

The child from Rothesay, Isle of Bute, was reported missing at 6.25am today. At about 9am, officers found the body of a young girl on the site of a former hotel.

A Police Scotland spokesman said: 'At around 6.25am this morning, police were informed a six-year-old girl was missing in Rothesay.

Police find the body of missing Rothesay girl at an abandoned hotel | Daily Mail Online

Adding in Timeline

10 pm – 1030.pm : Alesha in living room area of house - put to bed by RM with dvd

unspecified time : TM goes to bathroom, then goes to Alesha room, closes door fully

12 midnight or just after : grandmother hears Alesha call out for Peppa Pig

12.22 am : Suspect and mother have argument at suspect's home

12.30 am : Suspect's friends leave his house, suspect's 14 yr old sister accompanies them

01.39 am Suspect texts or Facebook call to RM

01.47 am Suspect / or his sister / or suspect using sisters Facebook account - calls TM

01.54 am Suspect leaves his home, wearing jog pants, trainers , hoodie. Walks in direction of Rothesay and goes past Alesha grandparents home

02.26 am cctv ( Mr McLachlan home ) spots figure walking past his house - shore line - with something on their back. When later asked, Mr McL says he presumed it was somebody carrying a child.

02. 26 am - cctv footage from home of Shari Strathie, who lives 2 doors down from Mr McLachlan.Footage shows movement along the shoreline. She says to her, it looks like a figure walking past her house carrying another person.“You can see the legs hanging down and moving” she says.

03.35 am Suspect returns to his home - from a different direction - accesses his house by jumping over back wall. Does not have hoodie with him.

03.35 to 03.44 m. bathroom light is switched on during this time, mother hears sound of boiler switching on, presume suspect is having shower

03.45 am suspect leaves his home, wearing only shorts , no shoes, carrying what appears to be a black tee shirt

03.52 am suspect returns home

03.58 am suspect leaves home, fully clothed, running, with a torch

04.07 am suspect returns home, now walking

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Members are not allowed to tell other members how to think/post. Everyone has an opinion and you may respectfully disagree, but to chastise other members for their opinion is not allowed.

While "innocent until proven guilty" is a judicial principle within the legal system, the general public is not held to that standard and are allowed to have their own speculative opinion.

Indicating that you have inside knowledge that you can't discuss is considered baiting and is not allowed.

Continue discussion here... Many posts involving bickering, baiting, rudeness, chastising were removed from the previous thread. Members who continue to post in this manner have and will be issued thread reply bans.

If you find posts are against TOS it is best to alert and let a moderator take care of it instead of engaging and risking the loss of posting privileges.

The thread is about Alesha and the details of her horrific case. The case is not about other members and their opinions.

Continue discussion here...

Several pages of sleuthing family are still being cleaned up on the previous thread. Timeouts are being issued for posting that information which is against TOS.

An excerpt from our rules:

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Last edited:
Still really struggling with what people are basing their hunches that the affair with TM is true on, other than his vile fantasy.

How many 18-year old girls have normal relationships with 16-year old boys anyway, let alone affairs?

Maybe it’s changed since I was that age, but teenage girls tended to go for older lads if anything, as girls supposedly matured earlier than boys. So for a a girl of that age to be having anything to do with a schoolboy would have been pretty unusual tbh. Even more unusual when said girl is already in a relationship with an older man.

I do indeed. I also found it bizarre, for want of a better word, that she flagged the prisoner whilst in conversation with her friend when they were out looking for Alesha. Why him, when there are (to my knowledge) at least six convicted sex offenders living on that tiny island? There may have been rumours on the island, but at that stage he did not have a criminal record. If he had, the MSM would have had it plastered as front page news by now.

They could already have heard stuff about him and the fact he called her in the middle of the night. Plus she said people were messaging her. I’m sure that didn’t happen until people were aware the child was missing and she may have said to her friend then, I’ve got a bad feeling about him.

We only have that so called friends word that was said and if it was, it was claimed it was said during the search for her. There is no proof whatsoever re any of his claims regarding T.

Just an aside there are sex offenders that live around us however a few years ago a young boy 16/17 took his friends young sister to the woods behind our home and raped her. She was only 8. the offenders were approached infact one had to be re housed as people automatically thought it was him. I’m pretty sure that would have been one of the first things police would have checked when she was missing or they found her Jmo

There is no sense to be made from this. Useless trying. Unless he tells us everything or (more evidence comes to light) we have no clue how she came to be out the flat, or how his print came to be there. Exactly what clothing he dumped where, on what trip out his house. If it was even him on the beach CCTV footage we haven't even seen. This guy is a nut job and guilty as hell. His DNA was found all over and INSIDE her. That evidence there, should be enough. There is not 1 bit of evidence he had even slept with Toni or this would of been presented at trial, for sure, by his defense. All his defense consisted of was building the only crappy story they could based on the evidence they had against him. That's all it was, a story. No hard evidence, emails. messages, social media etc etc. Also wasn't it 9 days before the police searched his house? I can guarantee that bathroom was cleaned more than once in that time scale. The only reason he was put on the stand is to try and fool the jurors into a sympathy vote. How could this young, well presented guy who was well liked and popular do this horrible crime? I would of asked, how can he be sat there as cool as a cucumber if he hadn't. You would be a wreck. We didn't even see all the evidence the jury did either. The judge also commented on the overwhelming evidence against him. He has been found guilty and will hopefully get a long sentence. Case closed. Guess I'm interested to see why a few people think there is more to this based on the actual facts, not rumors?

Maybe because it’s plausible, maybe because of the senslessness of it. People are naturally curious/nosey. They also want to understand what drove this. Even if some of the rumours were true, nothing justifies what the end result was. . There had to be some connection otherwise why would a seemingly normal teenager wait outside a house for the opportunity to snatch a child. Why that child? it would seem if there were no connection what would lead him, Other than drugs, to their home ? I do think it was opportunist personally, but you don’t get to this behaviour from nowhere and I think that’s what most people are curious of. I doubt he’ll be telling the truth any time soon.

I think we will never know all of the details of this case but can content ourselves with the fact the the right person has been found guilty and that he acted alone.
I doubt AC will ever reveal any details about that night. Like Ian Brady before him, he will take pleasure in withholding information others want to have. It will give him a feeling of control and one-upmanship.

There is no sense to be made from this. Useless trying. Unless he tells us everything or (more evidence comes to light) we have no clue how she came to be out the flat, or how his print came to be there. Exactly what clothing he dumped where, on what trip out his house. If it was even him on the beach CCTV footage we haven't even seen. This guy is a nut job and guilty as hell. His DNA was found all over and INSIDE her. That evidence there, should be enough. There is not 1 bit of evidence he had even slept with Toni or this would of been presented at trial, for sure, by his defense. All his defense consisted of was building the only crappy story they could based on the evidence they had against him. That's all it was, a story. No hard evidence, emails. messages, social media etc etc. Also wasn't it 9 days before the police searched his house? I can guarantee that bathroom was cleaned more than once in that time scale. The only reason he was put on the stand is to try and fool the jurors into a sympathy vote. How could this young, well presented guy who was well liked and popular do this horrible crime? I would of asked, how can he be sat there as cool as a cucumber if he hadn't. You would be a wreck. We didn't even see all the evidence the jury did either. The judge also commented on the overwhelming evidence against him. He has been found guilty and will hopefully get a long sentence. Case closed. Guess I'm interested to see why a few people think there is more to this based on the actual facts, not rumors?

Answered a few of your points

BIB One Expert testified that the palm print could have been left at an earlier time - there is no way to date prints.

BIB Two It was 9 days before the police took the knife block from the house - we have no idea when they searched his house - it could have been much earlier but with media being asked not to report on it - because the police had to keep to the anonymity rule.

BIB Three Absolutely agree - we had media snapshots - a few tweets to cover hours of testimony.

Thread is closed for a few minutes for some administrative duties. Check back...

Excellent post. The facts and evidence speak for themselves. Justice was served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13