UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was convinced that AC was guilty but this post-verdict revelation from his mother that TMc’s aunty said TMc saw Alesha at 2 am raises significant questions, so much so that had the jury been aware of this, they may well have found this case to be not proven

The crime scene was enough for a safe conviction. However this is my concern, that certain folk seemed to know it was him before the evidence. That is my one red flag.

I would have thought family then random sex offenders first. But somehow it’s just him that’s considered. The leaked stories and we always knew stuff just feels contrived to explain the suspicion. The fact is he seems normal and a moody teen into girls drink drugs and parties.

His behaviour is strange and a bit scary. It’s easier to believe he was stitched up in a far fetched scheme than believe someone so calm, normal and unphased can do that and not be affected. I mean what is his motive and reason for this? How is he so normal after what he did.

Scary stuff

The crime scene was enough for a safe conviction. However this is my concern, that certain folk seemed to know it was him before the evidence. That is my one red flag.

I would have thought family then random sex offenders first. But somehow it’s just him that’s considered. The leaked stories and we always knew stuff just feels contrived to explain the suspicion. The fact is he seems normal and a moody teen into girls drink drugs and parties.

His behaviour is strange and a bit scary. It’s easier to believe he was stitched up in a far fetched scheme than believe someone so calm, normal and unphased can do that and not be affected. I mean what is his motive and reason for this? How is he so normal after what he did.

Scary stuff

Stick around and watch some cases unfold. Acting brazen and normal is very common. In fact, from the cases I've watched, acting abnormal would be uncommon.

Hi, I’m new to Websleuths.

I’ve never followed a criminal case as much as I have this one.
I’d like to say thanks to everyone who’s posted here – I've tried to read all the posts.

My heart goes out to Alesha’s family - I hope that in the future they can find peace.

Many unanswered questions relating to the actions of AC on that night; I understand that we may never get all the answers – if any. He may never admit or commit himself to explaining them.
I’m still struggling with his actions and his demeanour straight after.
He took steps to cover some of his tracks and then he went to bed. Did he not think that the body would be found relatively quickly the next morning?

Some observations too – apologies if they've already been covered;

I haven’t read anywhere that states that they found anything inappropriate on his computer. Usually the newspapers publish that, they’ve only mentioned video games.
Are the stories of his past actions alleged or true? Would we have been told if he had any previous convictions or cautions?
I googled part of Gortons Rd however it stops at a certain point – are there any houses near to the site where A was found?

At the start of the CCTV at his house, he crosses the road however we don’t see where he went.
Is he saying “Shh” at 0.30 of the CCTV?

I wonder if we’ll ever be privy to any of his psychiatric reports (or part) in the years to come,

As an aside – on the one hand we’re told that there’s a low crime rate in Rothesay (people leaving keys in doors) however there does seem to be a lot of houses with CCTV cameras.

Thanks.

As for the report on AC cruelty to cats, in rothesay there are two locations where groups of homeless/wild cats live, some people look after them feed them etc, and others poison them and are cruel, and i think theres a lot to be said on a persons character on how they treat animals

Did AC get questioned about the CCTV footage of him coming and going from his house all night? and if not then why not?

Don't you think the demeanour of someone who'd been set up would be very different from "calm, normal and unphased"?

That's what I thought might have happened. There probably weren't enough keys for all four adults to have one.
Well that’s interesting.. was everyone not already in the house for the evening so why leave key in the door if everyone is home already no one will need to let themselves in??

Makes the witness who saw TM and RM more believable as if they were actually out the key was left for them to get in..

Hi, I’m new to Websleuths.

I’ve never followed a criminal case as much as I have this one.
I’d like to say thanks to everyone who’s posted here – I've tried to read all the posts.

My heart goes out to Alesha’s family - I hope that in the future they can find peace.

Many unanswered questions relating to the actions of AC on that night; I understand that we may never get all the answers – if any. He may never admit or commit himself to explaining them.
I’m still struggling with his actions and his demeanour straight after.
He took steps to cover some of his tracks and then he went to bed. Did he not think that the body would be found relatively quickly the next morning?

Some observations too – apologies if they've already been covered;

I haven’t read anywhere that states that they found anything inappropriate on his computer. Usually the newspapers publish that, they’ve only mentioned video games.
Are the stories of his past actions alleged or true? Would we have been told if he had any previous convictions or cautions?
I googled part of Gortons Rd however it stops at a certain point – are there any houses near to the site where A was found?

At the start of the CCTV at his house, he crosses the road however we don’t see where he went.
Is he saying “Shh” at 0.30 of the CCTV?

I wonder if we’ll ever be privy to any of his psychiatric reports (or part) in the years to come,

As an aside – on the one hand we’re told that there’s a low crime rate in Rothesay (people leaving keys in doors) however there does seem to be a lot of houses with CCTV cameras.

Thanks.

Yeh it stops becoming a road but I'm guessing the path roughly joins up with the steps which is basically where Alesha's body was found. The closest houses would be the ones on the opposite side of the road at the bottom of the steps. It's a shame no one had CCTV on that road otherwise the evidence would've been evn more damning. He says shh in the CCTV because there is a dog barking.

Well that’s interesting.. was everyone not already in the house for the evening so why leave key in the door if everyone is home already no one will need to let themselves in??

Makes the witness who saw TM and RM more believable as if they were actually out the key was left for them to get in..
Angela said that she simply forgot the key was still in the door.

Don't you think the demeanour of someone who'd been set up would be very different from "calm, normal and unphased"?
Well, i would have thought so to, BUT, recently I have had a similar experience and apparently some teens are quite naive when accused of something. I have been told that if they believe they have not done what they have been accused of, they believe that they will be believed (if you know what I mean). Not saying thats the case here, though he did have an answer to all questions asked in court. I did read an article recently from a leading criminologist, he stated that he thought that the only way AC could deal with what he had done, was to make up his story. This is rambling, I'm going to stop now!

That would have been shown to him under interview let alone charged, a reason for arrest and then showed to him under interview, giving him a chance to explain himself

But I don't think his explanation ever came up in court did it. I mean how could he possibly explain all that??

Sorry I meant on cctv where he looks like a lad sneaking in from some underage drinking then a violent fiend. Likewise his text exchange the next day with tm.

They got the right guy and someone who would have gone on to far worse, but I’m concerned how they got there and why the evidence is so poor everywhere except the crime scene.

And yes I keep hearing Rothesay is some idyllic paradise...just one where drugs and drink are the norm and where murdering paedophiles seem to be quite common.

Yeh it stops becoming a road but I'm guessing the path roughly joins up with the steps which is basically where Alesha's body was found. The closest houses would be the ones on the opposite side of the road at the bottom of the steps. It's a shame no one had CCTV on that road otherwise the evidence would've been evn more damning. He says shh in the CCTV because there is a dog barking.

Good point about those houses not having CCTV. Thanks I didn't hear the dog barking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse