UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are the DM etc getting these pictures of AC, particularly the one with the girlfriend? I’m a bit uncomfortable with the idea of them following teenagers about for photographs, I saw a reference on a Bute Facebook page to journalists harassing kids.

Just a thought to add to the knife and jogging bottoms with boxers, they could have been all thrown into sea at same time in cctv it almost looks like he is wrapping his clothes round something, if the tide was in going out when he threw them, the local ferry runs very early causing waves to push things back to shaw the knife if thrown into sea at same time as clothes would end up in slightly different location

There seems to be a fair bit of naivety on here in regards to Rothesay/Bute imo.

I’m having a bit of giggle at the shock about the drink/drugs culture tbh.

Having grown up in a similarly sized seaside town, which would definitely be described as an idyllic holiday retreat in all the tourist blurb, I can assure that the fondness for drink and availability of drugs we’ve heard about is far from uncommon in these little places where there’s little to do other than admire the scenery.
Totally agree with you. My youngest teenager was brought up in a small town in Ireland where all hell was let loose on a weekend the likes of which I never saw in the city. My point was the seemingly contradictory statements being made about security in the island.

But I don't think his explanation ever came up in court did it. I mean how could he possibly explain all that??

He explained it as follows:

The first time he leaves the house was to meet TM. He returns and showers, but realises he doesn't have his phone so he leaves a second time to retrace his steps. He returns again and explains that he did so to get a torch because it was too dark to find his phone, then he leaves a third time with the torch.

There seems to be a fair bit of naivety on here in regards to Rothesay/Bute imo.

I’m having a bit of giggle at the shock about the drink/drugs culture tbh.

Having grown up in a similarly sized seaside town, which would definitely be described as an idyllic holiday retreat in all the tourist blurb, I can assure that the fondness for drink and availability of drugs we’ve heard about is far from uncommon in these little places where there’s little to do other than admire the scenery.

For sure ... I used to spend summer on another Scottish Island many moons ago - I seen more junkies there than in Glasgow - ok I do exaggerate :oops:

But yes, it's not all Morag's baking scones :rolleyes:

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-23_19-55-33.png
    upload_2019-2-23_19-55-33.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 72
Yep.

It’s generally accepted that the knife came from AC’s house, so who are people suggesting might have been able to ‘plant it’?!
I don’t know but personally I think he dropped it I doubt anybody planted it it was found early in the morning when searches started Occams razor - the simplistic explanation is usually the correct one

And none of AC's prints were found on the knife.
How could they be once the knife was contaminated by sea water, for all any of us know the knife could have been used to rape her, if the jogging bottoms and boxers had not of been in salt water, more evidence would have been gathered, in my opinion now, the forensics did well with what they had

Totally agree with you. My youngest teenager was brought up in a small town in Ireland where all hell was let loose on a weekend the likes of which I never saw in the city. My point was the seemingly contradictory statements being made about security in the island.

I wasn’t referencing any posts in particular, certainly not yours.

What I would say is that crime rate is not always an accurate indicator of criminal activity. Particularly in small communities like this, I think you’d see a lot of crimes going unreported because they’re either seemed too small to cause trouble over in a small place, or they’re ‘sorted out’ without police involvement because everyone knows who’s responsible.

So there could have been a lot more going on that would justify the need for CCTV (if you can afford it of course. Shoreline properties are generally the most expensive) despite the actual crime rate being statistically low

He explained it as follows:

The first time he leaves the house was to meet TM. He returns and showers, but realises he doesn't have his phone so he leaves a second time to retrace his steps. He returns again and explains that he did so to get a torch because it was too dark to find his phone, then he leaves a third time with the torch.

He didn’t say that in court that was his mother’s words explaining him going out, to her maybe . He apparently said I lost my phone I think, I was looking for it. He thinks he was looking for it. He gave no explanation re his trips. He told the police he went to Rothsey to get weed

You know I initially felt a bit confused about the girlfriend because I wondered how she could still be with Aaron but I do feel sorry for her. If she's going to be dragged into this now, with papers trying to publish her photos and people trying to look her up, she'll have a horrible time. I hope people leave her alone. She's only 16 and I'm sure her world has been turned upside down as well.

I hope this get's nipped in the bud quickly - I bet she is just a wee daft lassie who hoped it was all a big mistake - my gut feeling is the gutter press are digging up everything at the minute and they don't care who's life they destroy to get a 'scoop'

I hope this get's nipped in the bud quickly - I bet she is just a wee daft lassie who hoped it was all a big mistake - my gut feeling is the gutter press are digging up everything at the minute and they don't care who's life they destroy to get a 'scoop'

Me too. I mean people on the island will already know who she is. I imagine they were already "in a relationship" on Facebook so it was probably fairly common knowledge before the crime occurred. I think DM have done her a huge disservice by posting that photo because now not only do we know what age she is, and where she's from, we also know what colour her hair is. It won't be hard for some people to work out who she is, unfortunately.

I wasn’t referencing any posts in particular, certainly not yours.

What I would say is that crime rate is not always an accurate indicator of criminal activity. Particularly in small communities like this, I think you’d see a lot of crimes going unreported because they’re either seemed too small to cause trouble over in a small place, or they’re ‘sorted out’ without police involvement because everyone knows who’s responsible.

So there could have been a lot more going on that would justify the need for CCTV (if you can afford it of course. Shoreline properties are generally the most expensive) despite the actual crime rate being statistically low
Yes, I take your point and agree. I was thinking along those lines after I posted re the large houses on the shore.

Im thinking of a profile for AC, some might not agree but i think he suffered from spoilt brat syndrome, he got everything he wanted but never satisfied

I'm not sure how you can draw that conclusion given that you really don't know anything about him or his family. He could equally be a teenager with an absent father (work or otherwise), and a mother that drinks heavily (not confirmed but mentioned by various sources). Point is, none of us know.

Something I've not seen mentioned before in the thread is, have any body language experts been consulted or involved in any way? Although AC has appeared calm & not phased by the trial, I wonder if they would of picked up on any tell tale signs.

Something I've not seen mentioned before in the thread is, have any body language experts been consulted or involved in any way? Although AC has appeared calm & not phased by the trial, I wonder if they would of picked up on any tell tale signs.

I agree, that would interesting to know. His mother said he broke down when she went to visit him in prison once, but it could be argued whether that was genuine or not. I think people would like to believe he is a sociopath to be able to commit the sort of the crime that he did, but we're not privy to a full psych evaluation so I guess we can't be sure.

How are the DM etc getting these pictures of AC, particularly the one with the girlfriend? I’m a bit uncomfortable with the idea of them following teenagers about for photographs, I saw a reference on a Bute Facebook page to journalists harassing kids.
Presumably her social media pages are open and viewable. Hopefully her parents/guardians will step in and change the privacy settings.

Me too. I mean people on the island will already know who she is. I imagine they were already "in a relationship" on Facebook so it was probably fairly common knowledge before the crime occurred. I think DM have done her a huge disservice by posting that photo because now not only do we know what age she is, and where she's from, we also know what colour her hair is. It won't be hard for some people to work out who she is, unfortunately.

They really do some despicable things at time the gutter press.

She's a kid for heaven's sake, she will realise in time what she has got herself into.

There's been enough lives ruined without another one to add to the list.

Maybe the guy is too clever for his own good, but if you ignore the overwhelming evidence at the scene, this is a weak case.

The knife is just a knife found in the sea a week later. We have an idea it’s from his house but no idea of the use. Just hearsay he has a knife...so why would that be a kitchen knife?
The clothes fibres are similar and so falls apart. The hoodie can’t be used as evidence and is quickly dismissed.
He has left no trace beyond a single print at the flat. Despite it being dark and having no gloves or knowledge of the interior. He’s moved around leaving no prints or hair bar a single print in a weird location on the stairs.
The cctv is drip fed to the mum to check by someone linked to the person he then blames. Likewise it’s not conclusive and a bit weird. The direction, his actions and calmness.
All of this could be explained away.

It seems the gaps have been filled with hearsay and winks and nods to suggest it was obvious.

Yes he did it...but I’m just curious to why everyone knew before it was obvious. I mean this isn’t slashing tyres of someone you dislike, it’s possibly the sickest thing someone could do. Now if there has been no suggestion of this before, it’s very weird.

No doubt there’s loads omitted to explain this. I think it will come out eventually but at the minute it’s confusing as it doesn’t make sense. Not that murders do, but this is completely out of left field...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome