UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the time being i'm sticking with seasoned criminologist Professor David Wilson's sentiments that he hasn't seen enough evidence to suggest that AC is actually psychopathic.

I think he definitely has at least one personality disorder, or is potentially co-morbid (ie BPD and NPD), but i think his sheer carelessness at the murder scene and his 'wee boy' reactions to being locked up (if what the mother said is true) don't stack up to suggest sociopathy.

However, he probably will be assessed after sentencing, and if they do diagnose anything significant i think he probably will be sent to Carstairs.

I was thinking Carstairs as well earlier on but I'm not really sure now. I don't know if they would have allowed him to be a witness at his own defence if they had that much doubt to his mental stability. I understand what you're saying about it being clearer after psych evaluation and sentencing, so we'll just have to wait and see but he seems pretty lucid and aware of the morality of things. I also don't think he is a sociopath either though. I'm not sure what's wrong with him.

My curiosity into wanting to know more about AC is to try and get my head around what the potential causes/issues are that could result in one human doing this to another - it's a big subject I know! And thanks ( if that's the right term) to the internet - google maps etc and social media, it's never been as accessible to see in detail all the facts surrounding a crime. I'm not really too sure if that's good or not!

Agree with Deufin, I know this is a sleuth sithe but if I see one more post about 2am conspiracy theories! It is very possible that the reported events in the house are not accurate. I don’t think it’s the police they were scared of it’s Alesha’s Mother. The whole family including Angela King had Alesha in their care and I do think that RM and TM were arguing in the street and that it was them who didn’t lock the door. How do you tell the Mother of a murdered child that you were distracted and didn’t look after her properly? Alesha may have been downstairs, or even on the stairs when the Monster found her. BUT that doesn’t make them at all implicated in her Murder. I do think that members considering writing to this Beast to satisfy their curiosity goes too far and strays into ghoul territory. Last post on this thread, but I will say one thing. A relative was murdered in a horrible way by an adult teenager who had drowned a child aged when he was under 11. Some people are just wired wrong and he is one of them. They do kill again and I hope he never gets out. He will really struggle inside.
I hear what you say, and you make some valid points. However, I would under no circumstances view the poster who you are referring to as "a ghoul."

My curiosity into wanting to know more about AC is to try and get my head around what the potential causes/issues are that could result in one human doing this to another - it's a big subject I know! And thanks ( if that's the right term) to the internet - google maps etc and social media, it's never been as accessible to see in detail all the facts surrounding a crime. I'm not really too sure if that's good or not!
I'm the same, I'm just so fascinated by this case. A boy who had it all went out randomly one night and did something unspeakable. I'd love to read psychiatric reports on him. I think some more interesting details will emerge at sentencing.

I hear what you say, and you make some valid points. However, I would under no circumstances view the poster who you are referring to as "a ghoul."

Haha, thank you, Ciana. I think people are understandably upset and have strong feelings about the case of course. I'm just curious about certain aspects and really would like more answers and thought that might be a way to do it, but I understand not everyone will agree.

I think his message to friends that morning says it all really. "found the guy that did it".

Doesn't even matter that he sent it before anyone knew she'd been murdered. Or that he said "guy" when he would go on to accuse a girl.

It's his arrogance and self-assuredness, and thinking he's too clever for anyone to suspect he'd write that if he was the culprit.

To me, at the age of 16, it smacks of a someone who is manipulative, enjoys a psychological game, has no empathy, and fails to see things from other people's perspectives - an innocent teenager isn't really going to think there's anything to laugh about after hearing shocking news of the death of a child on his backdoor step. IMO. I think most if not all of any age group would have been both stunned and scared that they lived in such close proximity to a heinous monster and only hours after they had been partying in the locality. It leaves a feeling of shock, numbness and absolute horror when something of this gravity happens. He was on a different plane, he found amusement after his deeds.
This says exactly how I feel , most 16yr olds would be shocked and scared but not AC. Thought he was so clever and step ahead to outwit others and not be suspected . Quite chilling while bute was reeling from this horror he was planning his next move

I'm the same, I'm just so fascinated by this case. A boy who had it all went out randomly one night and did something unspeakable. I'd love to read psychiatric reports on him. I think some more interesting details will emerge at sentencing.
That's it in a nutshell. And the age of AC and never forgetting the age of A. It has happened before - killings such as this have been committed by teenagers. I don't know if all the particular circumstances involved in this case, or as much as we're told, make it unique. I would also like to read future psychiatric reports and possibly the trial transcripts but not all the details. The only time I thought about the actual murder was if the knife that was found on the beach was used as a weapon or as a threat.
Does anyone know if the trial transcripts are likely to be made available, more so now that his name has been made public?

I was thinking Carstairs as well earlier on but I'm not really sure now. I don't know if they would have allowed him to be a witness at his own defence if they had that much doubt to his mental stability. I understand what you're saying about it being clearer after psych evaluation and sentencing, so we'll just have to wait and see but he seems pretty lucid and aware of the morality of things. I also don't think he is a sociopath either though. I'm not sure what's wrong with him.
Totally agree, psychiatric evaluation has already taken place pre-trial, he wasn't insane when carrying out his crime, that has been confirmed so why sentence him as such?
JMO but i can't see why a new psychiatric evaluation will all of a sudden render him insane, if it did would that not give him grounds for appeal under diminished responsibility?
Background reports are almost always carried out on prisoners facing lengthy sentences it's part of the judiciary process.

<modsnip: discussing moderation>

I can’t quite believe all the conspiracy theories surrounding this case, I truly believe they have the one and only person who is responsible for this case behind bars where he belongs.

I am happy youtube removed all his content out of respect to Aleshas family, that was the decent thing to do.

Regarding the mums article in the sun newspaper, I wish she had of picked a more respectable paper to air her views. In that article it mentioned that she ‘emailed him Merry Christmas’. Surely he doesn’t have access to email, maybe it’s generic of course and messages are relayed to the prisoners. Young Offender Institues are lax compared to adult prisons but the thought of him having an Xbox & TV infuriates me, he still enjoys life’s luxuries while poor Alesha was robbed of life.

All IMO, JMO and all that jazz!

Last edited by a moderator:

I can’t quite believe all the conspiracy theories surrounding this case, I truly believe they have the one and only person who is responsible for this case behind bars where he belongs.

I am happy youtube removed all his content out of respect to Aleshas family, that was the decent thing to do.

Regarding the mums article in the sun newspaper, I wish she had of picked a more respectable paper to air her views. In that article it mentioned that she ‘emailed him Merry Christmas’. Surely he doesn’t have access to email, maybe it’s generic of course and messages are relayed to the prisoners. Young Offender Institues are lax compared to adult prisons but the thought of him having an Xbox & TV infuriates me, he still enjoys life’s luxuries while poor Alesha was robbed of life.

<modsnip>

Prisoners do have email don't know why, in a way it's a good thing, prison officers must find it easier to check communication with the outside world via email rather than open every written letter that comes in.

The “email” is an email on the mother’s side but it is printed and given to the prisoner as a letter. It costs the sender money and is just for a quicker and easier way of sending a letter. Some prisons have a reply function - it is at the cost to the original sender. I’m not sure if Polmont has this feature but I would assume if it does, AC won’t have access to this as he is kept away from the general population and is kept in his cell.

If a loved one of mine committed a terrible, dreadful crime, I honestly don't know what I would feel. I would hate the fact that they were capable of such a thing, for sure, but I don't know, if I were the parent, if I could turn my back on my child. I would hate what they had done, would I hate them? I truly don't have an answer to that one, thank God. My entire sympathies lie with Georgina and to a lesser extent, the father, Rab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000