UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what worries me. Every journalist in court said they couldn’t connect the pathologists report to the confident, well spoken young man in the dock. Even now, after a unanimous guilty verdict and what the judge described as “overwhelming evidence” there is still people unconvinced this boy did the crime.

The kid is seriously dangerous and I know he needs proper tests but when you compare physcopathic traits he ticks every single one.
It also means if he was deemed a physcopath he could never be rehabilitated and would always be a danger if he was ever released.

Anyone unconvinced should agree to house him after his "rehabilitation".

That’s what worries me. Every journalist in court said they couldn’t connect the pathologists report to the confident, well spoken young man in the dock. Even now, after a unanimous guilty verdict and what the judge described as “overwhelming evidence” there is still people unconvinced this boy did the crime.

The kid is seriously dangerous and I know he needs proper tests but when you compare physcopathic traits he ticks every single one.
It also means if he was deemed a physcopath he could never be rehabilitated and would always be a danger if he was ever released.

If he was deemed to be a psychopath are you saying that the court/law would never even try to rehabilitate him? Meaning in would be completely off the table for him after that..or just that you personally believe he couldn't be rehabilitated/that it wouldn't work?

I don't necessarily hold too much credence to that. It's a bit of a short statement - we don't know the context?

Yeh it's quite vague but I'm guessing it's probably true. I mean surely raping and murdering a six year old girl and having no empathy go hand in hand don't they?....I'm slightly joking I know there's technical details to confirming someone as a psychopath but what I don't like is that there's this sort of labelling as a psychopath or not, but surely there's a whole spectrum of psychopathy and I'd say doing what AC did immediately puts you on it!

THe judge can only give out a maximum sentence under scottish law, he has over done it once, if he does it again, he shall be being watched and everything he does could be undone in say 10 years under an appeal, im just saying the judge has to be careful here with his track record

Yeh it's quite vague but I'm guessing it's probably true. I mean surely raping and murdering a six year old girl and having no empathy go hand in hand don't they?....I'm slightly joking I know there's technical details to confirming someone as a psychopath but what I don't like is that there's this sort of labelling as a psychopath or not, but surely there's a whole spectrum of psychopathy and I'd say doing what AC did immediately puts you on it!

Correct.

Not all murderers are psychopaths and not all psychopaths are murderers.

It could be one of any anti-social behaviour disorders. Sociopaths for example, have lack of empathy or remorse too. Sometimes I think these words are thrown around flippantly. I think the only way to fully diagnose will be a psych evaluation by a doctor and even then there will still be debates amongst the medical community about his correct diagnosis IMO. Such is the case with Jodi Arias where medical professionals can’t fully agree on what condition she has.

Is there proof that AC " goes past Alesha's grandparents home?"

Is it uncertain as to who used AC's sister's FB account to contact TM?
If AC did would he have known his sister's password?
What's the explanation as to the mechanics of this?

No CCTV image of him leaving - either not deemed essential to release or CCTV not switched on?

Is it likely that there are other drug dealers in the area that AC knew of?
I can answer the last one - I believe that he tried three other people, 2 of which gave a statement to the police. I will try and find the article. It was early on in the trial.

Yeh a lot of youngsters are sexually active from around 14 onwards these days (some before) and so obviously cases involving people of this age need to be looked at differently but I do agree that someone who is convicted of abusing a preteen girl should be locked up for life or they should maybe create communities for them where they are defiinitely kept away from children.

I believe that some research has been undertaken in regard to children who abuse other children and it has been found that they rarely go on to abuse when they reach adulthood.

No he doesn't tick every single one at all. And, as I posted earlier, many teenagers show these traits, its part of their brain 'growing up', it doesn't mean all teenagers are psychopaths.

This is the article - Criminologist 'hasn't seen enough' to brand Alesha killer a psychopath

Last edited:
It certainly looks that way after the crime.

Given that his father was talking in a general way about AC's personality and also how his mother perhaps covered up for him - what do you do with that feeling and suspicion as a parent of a young teenager?
If they suspected depression or anxiety (which I think he has/had) then they probably got him medical care either through the doctor or CAMHS.
However if they/he suspected that AC might be psychopathic, that's hard thing to address for a parent and there would be a certain reluctance in admitting to it and they probably argued about it.
It must have been so difficult for his parents if they suspected that there was something badly wrong with him - can you imagine what they feel now.
It's the rare young teenage boy that will confide in his parents about his feelings even just the minor issues let alone some of the dark thoughts that AC must have been feeling and perhaps suppressing.
What caused him to do it? How horrific the crime and could it have been prevented? His parents will be asking themselves this for the rest of their lives. I hope that they get some answers.

With regards to the crime scene, I believe there is a street light within the area that was taped off on Gortans Road, I think an image on a daily mail article showed one. However, I am not sure that it would have provided much light. Also, there are houses nearby, again, probably not much light from there. He would have had light via his phone. Even in the darkest of woods, I have been able to see things, once my eyes adjust and with ambient light.

Was there streetlights on the nearby road? I think that's why he went back with the torch the 3rd time just to make sure he didn't miss or leave anything with it being so dark when it happened.

I can answer the last one - I believe that he tried three other people, 2 of which gave a statement to the police. I will try and find the article. It was early on in the trial.
That's interesting, thanks.
There's a gap of 1 hour and 9 minutes between the friends leaving the house (after he said that he wanted to get stoned) and him trying to contact RM (for drugs presumably)
There's no CCTV images of him leaving the house possibly because they haven't released it or it doesn't exist - I wonder if it's possible that he left the house before 1.54am looking for drugs?
Was it ever established that got any that night?

I’ve avoided this thread as a lot of very upset people jumping on people who question things. I hope he mans up and tells the whole truth so we can all get a bit of closure.

I also think we all need to be careful. The mods are working over time to tidy this one case thread up. Also we need to consider what we are posting.

I’ve looked back and seen some truly ridiculous stories (the if you have a pile of crap, we will pay you 500 quid and apologise next week in small print when challenged special). Think before we pass off rumour as fact. Whether it’s unproven secret relationships, cats, cliche psycho kid stories etc.

I am curious to how he got her out of that flat. I’m curious to why he did it. I’m curious to why everyone thought it was him (real reasons not the nonsense stuff). I also feel some of the non crime scene evidence has the whiff of suspicion shall we say.

I just hope his lawyer points out this judge has been ten years leanient in the past to those showing remorse and owning up. Couple be the difference between being free in your 50s or in your 60s...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand