MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The jurors (imo) were influenced by the pink party outside (caused confusion) tailgating; otherwise, it would have been a final vote of guilty by all 12 of the jurors. I commend each of the jurors for their civic duty and recognize they had a difficult task - can't imagine the daily pressure put upon them. What a stressful time for the jurors.

On manslaughter and the lesser included charges, the juror said the jury's final vote was a "soft" 9-3, with nine voting guilty.

Read was charged with manslaughter while operating under the influence, but jurors were given the option to convict her on the lesser charges of involuntary manslaughter or motor vehicle homicide.

Updated on: July 22, 2024
Respectfully, is there a link for the information on the juror’s supposed influence by the ‘pink party’ and an apparent vote of 12? Would be helpful to understand and review that if so.

As a concerned citizen, I am also appreciative of the jurors and their dedicated service and invested time in this trial. It is also most unfortunate that IIUC there might have been some concern over the verdict form they were asked to consider and complete.

IIUC there was a statement (or perhaps statements) that jurors might have been concerned about certain family members that joined with the JOK family at the trial end or closing arguments. MOO

Last edited:
Another question could be how to explain away the extra tail light pieces submitted to lab by LE.
The crime lab reconstructed the taillight from the evidence that was collected. After completely reassembling it, there were leftover pieces. Extra tail light pieces that did not belong to the original tail light.
Yeah absolutely. Also for tail light shards that were supposedly responsible for JOk's (imo dog bitten and deeply scratched) arm injuries, the CW forgot to explain why they failed to introduce any evidence of JOK blood, skin or DNA on any of them as one would surely expect. IMO. Were they tested for traces of blood and came up negative so evidence excluded? Or more likely investigators never bothered or risked it in the first place. Jmo.

If there had been any visible blood and skin on any of them it would certainly have been included in trial. Also rear end of Lexus was tested for blood, and surprise, surprise negative. moo

Wow that's a lot to look into!

And how did the Defense explain away the broken tail light fragments at the scene?
There's security camera evidence that she backed into O'Keefe's car later that morning in his driveway when leaving and they believe that bump is when the tail light was broken. Yannetti stated authorities did not find broken pieces of taillight during the initial search of Albert's yard and they only began "finding" them later in the day and after her car had been seized. Pieces of tail light were "found" over multiple days and weeks later (most by OP who has since been relieved of his duties for misconduct). There is manipulated video of the intake of her vehicle, evidence chain of command failures, clothing, glass and taillight evidence not submitted for testing for SIX weeks. Mysterious glass on the bumper that didn't match JO's glass. Police just trusting a LE neighbor directly across the street to review his own security camera footage from the night who said there was nothing of evidentiary meaning, didn't turn the video over and deleted it. And no video of Read hitting JO was ever presented from the neighbor or the Albert house. So the implication is the tail light and glass pieces were planted, and there was certainly plenty of time and opportunity to do so. There's a LOT of very suspicious physical and tech/scientific evidence, lack of critical video evidence of the night or days that followed (what cops don't have working security cameras?!). Any number of pieces alone should be enough to consider reasonable doubt. The Apple Watch anomalous data showing JO jogging if not sprinting for a short distance is practicality enough for me and it wasn't even covered in the trial (see my interpretation June 27th, #868)

Edited to remove double quoted post.

Last edited:
Respectfully, is there a link for the information on the juror’s supposed influence by the ‘pink party’ and an apparent vote of 12? Would be helpful to understand and review that if so.

As a concerned citizen, I am also appreciative of the jurors and their dedicated service and invested time in this trial. It is also most unfortunate that IIUC there might have been some concern over the verdict form they were asked to consider and complete.

IIUC there was a statement (or perhaps statements) that jurors might have been concerned about certain family members that joined with the JOK family at the trial end or closing arguments. MOO
Correct on all. Jurors came forward with their concerns regarding feeling unsettled not by KR and justice needed but by the others inside along with confusing paperwork and hasty dismissal at the end by Judge.

I linked in previous threads, judge ordered a 200 foot buffer zone around the court house in the interests of limiting extraneous influence. Jurors were not exposed to protesters when arriving and leaving. Moo

It's a shame that the seating arrangements for family during trial were not considered in regard to extraneous influence though. Imo, for eight weeks JOK's brother sat staring at KR with restrained hatred and contempt in direct line of sight of the jury. I'm not making a judgement on POK's attitude or feelings, but in the interests of lessening pressure on the jury, it's a shame this was allowed to occur. Jmo.

ETA what I'm saying is that it's a shame JOK was seated in direct line if sight of the jury, for clarity, not commenting on his expressions and saying he should not have expressed himself.

Last edited:
My emphasis.

The 20/20 story was meaningless. No one should attempt to form an opinion based upon it, whether on behalf of her innocence or guilt. There is so much more to the story.
Agree.

I didn't watch the 20/20 story.

I have tried to follow this case as closely as possible, via court records and testimonies and FBI expert analysis.

IMO it's pretty clear OJO wasn't injured by a vehicle strike.

I still haven't seen any interviews with KR, and I don't want to. I don't even want to know what her voice sounds like. It doesn't matter. Officer O'keefe died and still needs justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Placebo
Back