GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg. The thing is that things keep surprising me about this case so I do wonder if it's possible the outcome might be unexpected too. Remember when it was suddenly announced that Aaron was taking the stand?! We were all on here like oh...my...god...
This case has thrown up so many surprises. I must admit, when he took the stand, i couldn't believe it.

What a huge reduction. The original judge must be a bit confused, no?

Realistically if he does get any sort of reduction I'd imagine it will only be a couple of years? I know that will still cause outrage but I can't see them taking anything substantial off and even then that obviously doesn't mean he'll ever get parole.
Even if he gets a reduction i think you're correct maybe a year or two but parole is a long shot.

What a huge reduction. The original judge must be a bit confused, no?

Realistically if he does get any sort of reduction I'd imagine it will only be a couple of years? I know that will still cause outrage but I can't see them taking anything substantial off and even then that obviously doesn't mean he'll ever get parole.
I don't think he'll get any reduction, there's an awful lot of aggravating factors in this case. The vulnerability of the victim, the fact that he broke into the house and abducted her while she was asleep, the rape, the lack of remorse, the lack of a guilty plea, the defense which pointed the finger at an innocent person. The only mitigating factor is his age, and the original judge already gave him discount for that.

I don't think he'll get any reduction, there's an awful lot of aggravating factors in this case. The vulnerability of the victim, the fact that he broke into the house and abducted her while she was asleep, the rape, the lack of remorse, the lack of a guilty plea, the defense which pointed the finger at an innocent person. The only mitigating factor is his age, and the original judge already gave him discount for that.
Yes, all these things will be taken into account, i think it'll be increased. I think his audacity in launching the appeal will also play a part.

Oh my god yeah. I couldn’t believe he took the stand. I remember my heart was in my mouth . I thought how’s he got the brass neck to take the stand? Little did I know that was just the start.

We didn’t know how remorseless he was back then did we? I think someone uploaded a screen shot of one of the journalists and he said he was showing little emotion and following the proceedings closely, god that feels like so long ago

Yes, all these things will be taken into account, i think it'll be increased. I think his audacity in launching the appeal will also play a part.
I don't think they can hold it against him that he's appealed, but there's already enough to hold against him anyway. If an adult committed that crime I seriously think they'd be looking at a whole life tarrif, so 27 years before parole is a fair discount for being 16.

Oh my god yeah. I couldn’t believe he took the stand. I remember my heart was in my mouth . I thought how’s he got the brass neck to take the stand? Little did I know that was just the start.

We didn’t know how remorseless he was back then did we? I think someone uploaded a screen shot of one of the journalists and he said he was showing little emotion and following the proceedings closely, god that feels like so long ago
We had no idea back then, i don't think it was until sentencing we realised the true extent of his evil.

I don't think they can hold it against him that he's appealed, but there's already enough to hold against him anyway. If an adult committed that crime I seriously think they'd be looking at a whole life tarrif, so 27 years before parole is a fair discount for being 16.
Yes. The original sentence was as fair as Lord Matthews could make it on account of his age. I'm looking forward to hearing the appeal report. They can be quite in depth.

We had no idea back then, i don't think it was until sentencing we realised the true extent of his evil.
I can't decide whether he's evil beyond the beyonds or whether he's just too naive at 16 to hide it the way older child killers do. I'm thinking of the murder of April Jones over in Wales, horrendous case and he was rightly given a whole life tarrif, but even he didn't come across as gloating and smirking. He didn't try and point the finger at someone else for his defense either.

Maybe he just knew better than to show who he truly was.

I can't decide whether he's evil beyond the beyonds or whether he's just too naive at 16 to hide it the way older child killers do. I'm thinking of the murder of April Jones over in Wales, horrendous case and he was rightly given a whole life tarrif, but even he didn't come across as gloating and smirking. He didn't try and point the finger at someone else for his defense either.

Maybe he just knew better than to show who he truly was.
I see what you mean. Good point.

I was surprised that none of the journalists reported about him smiling at the family during the trial (and sentencing) and instead we found out from Genie in an interview.

I don’t think they seen it. Where the press was sat was in a different bit to genie. Taylor told us he smirked at her again after sentencing but I was DMing one of the journalists and he said he didn’t see him smile at her. That he turned a corner or something and he only seen him looking pretty upset as he was led down the stairs . I was like explain?? N he just said “ he just looked “uneasy” and that’s all I could get lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maineguy1961