GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think they seen it. Where the press was sat was in a different bit to genie. Taylor told us he smirked at her again after sentencing but I was DMing one of the journalists and he said he didn’t see him smile at her. That he turned a corner or something and he only seen him looking pretty upset as he was led down the stairs . I was like explain?? N he just said “ he just looked “uneasy” and that’s all I could get lol

Aah I see, yeah maybe they were sat at the wrong angle to see it. Another journo said he didn't seem upset after the sentencing, so I feel there are conflicting reports, I'm not sure what to believe. I could sort of imagine him looking uneasy though. It must be pretty shocking to receive the news that you are going to be stuck in prison for possibly the rest of your life, 27 years minimum.

Aah I see, yeah maybe they were sat at the wrong angle to see it. Another journo said he didn't seem upset after the sentencing, so I feel there are conflicting reports, I'm not sure what to believe. I could sort of imagine him looking uneasy though. It must be pretty shocking to receive the news that you are going to be stuck in prison for possibly the rest of your life, 27 years minimum.

I wonder did he expect it? I saw people on facebook before the sentencing predicting 8 years, maybe he thought the same or thereabouts.

I honestly think he thought he was going to get away with it. I don't think he expected any time as crazy as that sounds.
How in god's name did he think he'd get away with it on a small island, especially when he must have known there was CCTV in his home!

I was thinking he thought he'd get a very light sentence because he's underage, that certainly seemed to be the prediction of a lot of my British friends on fb. I remember saying it will be more like 20 years, and they were all oh you're from Ireland you have no idea how soft our courts are. Turns out even I was underestimating the sentence, but then I didn't know about the smirking or the comments he'd made about trying not to laugh in court.

I wonder if he hadn’t went to trial, pleaded guilty straight away and shown remorse what he would of got? It might of been something like 15 years? Do you think ?

I didn’t even hear about the case until the first day of his trial and the special defence was what caught my interest. Was it reported a lot at the time back in July? I can’t remember hearing much about it at all which is crazy?

How in god's name did he think he'd get away with it on a small island, especially when he must have known there was CCTV in his home!

I was thinking he thought he'd get a very light sentence because he's underage, that certainly seemed to be the prediction of a lot of my British friends on fb. I remember saying it will be more like 20 years, and they were all oh you're from Ireland you have no idea how soft our courts are. Turns out even I was underestimating the sentence, but then I didn't know about the smirking or the comments he'd made about trying not to laugh in court.
I don't know how he thought he'd get away with it but i think he thought that anyway.
Maybe he thought because of his age no one would suspect him? It's quite possible the naivety you mentioned before played a part in that.
I'm not sure he knew of all the CCTV that other residents on the island had installed. He obviously knew of his mum's but she only checked it after someone asked her to.

He effectively did everything he could to give himself the longest sentence possible, whether he meant it or not.

First of all not pleading guilty (which would have taken a few years off) and dragging everyone through a painful court case while implicating an innocent person.

Then prior to his sentencing admitting what he did after denying it (which is bizarre) and saying that he was satisfied with it, showing that he was remorseless, cold etc. Not even attempting to feign sympathy or attempting to play up a mitigating factor of his "less than ideal" home life. So odd.

I wonder if he hadn’t went to trial, pleaded guilty straight away and shown remorse what he would of got? It might of been something like 15 years? Do you think ?

I didn’t even hear about the case until the first day of his trial and the special defence was what caught my interest. Was it reported a lot at the time back in July? I can’t remember hearing much about it at all which is crazy?
Yeah probably about 15 years if he'd pled guilty at the first opportunity and said he was racked with guilt and all that.

Usually pleading guilty gets a lighter sentence, not sure by how much though.
It was widely reported when Alesha went missing for at least a couple of weeks until the funeral.

He effectively did everything he could to give himself the longest sentence possible, whether he meant it or not.

First of all not pleading guilty (which would have taken a few years off) and dragging everyone through a painful court case while implicating an innocent person.

Then prior to his sentencing admitting what he did after denying it (which is bizarre) and saying that he was satisfied with it, showing that he was remorseless, cold etc. Not even attempting to feign sympathy or attempting to play up a mitigating factor of his "less than ideal" home life. So odd.
Yes I thought that too, so odd how he admitted everything suddenly and also added extra's he didn't need to like how he had been trying so hard not to laugh in court...which of course makes it sound worse to the judge...perhaps his psychologist or whoever he spoke to had convinced him that being completely honest would be best for him...

I think its a one third reduction in the sentence if you plead guilty at the first opportunity, so that would have been 18 years. Then a bit more off if he'd shown remorse, so yeah 15 years is a good guess. Thankfully, AC lacks the worldly wisdom to know this so he won't be out in 15 years.

And on that note, I'll say goodnight, work in the morning.

Yes I thought that too, so odd how he admitted everything suddenly and also added extra's he didn't need to like how he had been trying so hard not to laugh in court...which of course makes it sound worse to the judge...perhaps his psychologist or whoever he spoke to had convinced him that being completely honest would be best for him...

I know, right? So weird. He really didn't need to add all of that and he could have at least pretended to have some sympathy or remorse. I mean I'm glad he didn't, it makes it easier for the judge to come to a clear decision but it's baffling. It probably was a case of the psychologist telling him to be truthful and then Aaron enjoying recounting everything.

I know, right? So weird. He really didn't need to add all of that and he could have at least pretended to have some sympathy or remorse. I mean I'm glad he didn't, it makes it easier for the judge to come to a clear decision but it's baffling. It probably was a case of the psychologist telling him to be truthful and then Aaron enjoying recounting everything.
Yeah, psychologists ask the right probing questions. I can imagine AC recounting everything but i can also imagine him glorifying and enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member