GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think given his age he'll receive any amount of mental health assessments and treatment while he's at Polmont.
There is a slim chance that there could even be an improvement dependent on the type of treatment he will receive.
The US is pioneering treatment in young children/adults with narcissistic and psychopathic personalities - I posted a link in the last thread.
There's also the Mendota Juvenile Center treatment programmes.
Mendota Juvenile Treatment Center Shows Progress In Treating Child Psychopaths

Any rehabilitation of AC is in my mind to understand and possibly prevent this happening again.

I'm pretty sure someone tweeted his defence barrister said he knew he was never going to be released.

That's pretty scary really as he is already receiving the maximum punishment so it's pretty much a free for all for him now.
Imo never say never. Prime example is thomas mc culloch who was in carstairs for attacking someone over a sandwich. He broke out of carstairs and killed 3 people and seriously injured another 2. Was stated back in the 70's he would never be released ----Now mcculloch is living with his girlfriend in Dundee

I doubt it. The more I think about it the more I think AC has a shock coming to him once he passes 21. So far his experience of the criminal justice system is the relatively kid gloves approach given to a juvenile, where its always someone's job to worry about his welfare and what makes him tick, social workers, psychologists etc. Once he passes into the adult system he will be just another lifer, and nobody cares what makes them tick.

Such efforts as there are in the adult system for rehabilitation, and they're inadequate to begin with, are all concentrated on shorter term prisoners who will definitely be released some day. Lifers take a back seat. He will find himself being treated as a minor cog in a big wheel where he's shunted from place to place to fit in with the prison routine. Obscurity, boredom and loneliness are his future, not merry hell and sharing fantasies.

I pray you're right. But what I've read and seen of some of these psychopaths in prison, even on death row, they seem fairly content. They get fan mail. They have people visiting and advocating for them, believing they're innocent, they enjoy the structure, they watch tv and enjoy basketball or whatever else they do.

They just don't seem to suffer at all.

They seem slightly amused by things. Curious. Content. Calmly describe their lives and the food and other inmates. They seem relaxed.

That's what frustrates me.

I pray you're right. But what I've read and seen of some of these psychopaths in prison, even on death row, they seem fairly content. They get fan mail. They have people visiting and advocating for them, believing they're innocent, they enjoy the structure, they watch tv and enjoy basketball or whatever else they do.

They just don't seem to suffer at all.

They seem slightly amused by things. Curious. Content. Calmly describe their lives and the food and other inmates. They seem relaxed.

That's what frustrates me.
Really? I wouldn't waste my energy getting frustrated by the lifestyle of a psychopath on death row personally, but maybe that's just me. I remember when the WM3 were released Damien Echols was asked by a journalist what it was like to be on death row and he said it was "like living in your bathroom for 18 years." I've heard worse descriptions still about life in prison from people like the Birmingham Six and the Guildford Four, so I am sceptical of this notion that life in prison is relaxing and contented.

Although I suppose it might be different for the people I've quoted because they were all innocent and not psychopaths. Being in prison as a result of a miscarriage of justice is probably a lot harder to accept than being fairly caught and punished when you know you've done something wrong.

Really? I wouldn't waste my energy getting frustrated by the lifestyle of a psychopath on death row personally, but maybe that's just me. I remember when the WM3 were released Damien Echols was asked by a journalist what it was like to be on death row and he said it was "like living in your bathroom for 18 years." I've heard worse descriptions still about life in prison from people like the Birmingham Six and the Guildford Four, so I am sceptical of this notion that life in prison is relaxing and contented.

Although I suppose it might be different for the people I've quoted because they were all innocent and not psychopaths. Being in prison as a result of a miscarriage of justice is probably a lot harder to accept than being fairly caught and punished when you know you've done something wrong.

This is true, although I guess in psychopath's minds they technically haven't done anything wrong? I mean I guess they know society views it as wrong, but to them, they derived pleasure and excitement from it and that's all that really matters. They're not sorry for it and don't think they should be punished.

This is true, although I guess in psychopath's minds they technically haven't done anything wrong? I mean I guess they know society views it as wrong, but to them, they derived pleasure and excitement from it and that's all that really matters. They're not sorry for it and don't think they should be punished.
True. They do know intellectually though that they've done whatever deed it is they were sent to prison for.

I think that's still different than the feelings of someone who knows they're innocent and sitting in prison while the guilty party is getting away with it. That would create a burning indignation and anger I think which is different to the self-pity of a psychopath.

It frustrates me because I feel they somehow escape justice. Nothing can touch them. I guess the best we can do is protect ourselves from them.

It frustrates me because I feel they somehow escape justice. Nothing can touch them. I guess the best we can do is protect ourselves from them.
I guess we look at things differently at some fundamental level because I seriously would not waste an ounce of my energy getting frustrated by what happens to prisoners in prison. I don't need them to suffer hell on earth or spend their lives breaking rocks or whatever to feel that justice is done. As long they're locked up I don't much care if they get a few small pleasures to break up the day.

Besides, any of these cases of miscarriages of justice I mentioned, they all seem to come out of prison with PTSD. Paddy Hill of the Birmingham Six was diagnosed with such severe PTSD on release that he was on the same level as rape victims and torture victims, and that's despite the fact that Hill wasn't tortured or raped in prison and spent most of his 16 years there close to the top of the prison pecking order. Gerry Conlon of the Guildford Four was so messed up by his time in prison that he retained the emotional maturity of a teenager for the rest of his life. So even accounting for the fact that part of their distress was caused by being locked up when they were innocent, their experiences still make me raise a sceptical eyebrow at the notion of prison as a happy place where the prisoners swan around playing basketball and reading their fan mail. I don't think the reality is anywhere near that rosy.

I don't give them a thought when they're inside. They lost their freedom and ability to harm people outside. He can play games all day, but that may wear thin when he's 35 anyway.

That's a good way of looking at it. They cannot go out when they feel like it. Have a lay in. Go for a run. Go clothes shopping. Call an old friend when they are down.

I wonder if he is a suicide risk. One of his friends said he was down that night and thought about harming himself. He might think that's one last thing he can do to hurt Aleshas family, get out of justice by taking his own life.

That's a good way of looking at it. They cannot go out when they feel like it. Have a lay in. Go for a run. Go clothes shopping. Call an old friend when they are down.

I wonder if he is a suicide risk. One of his friends said he was down that night and thought about harming himself. He might think that's one last thing he can do to hurt Aleshas family, get out of justice by taking his own life.

honestly i think hes too narcissistic to take his own life, but maybe, although genie wants him to be dead so she would probably be happy about it

Alesha MacPhail's mum 'looks forward to the day her daughter's killer is dead'

Yeah he’s never taking his own life, it’s the only thing he values apart from his Lego hair of course.

Lol. I think he might value his tie-dye t-shirt as well, he seems to have worn it quite often (including in his mugshot). He'll be annoyed he has to wear standard issue prison clothing now. Poor thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz