GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WestFMNews‏ @WestFMNews
BREAKING: 16 year old Aaron Campbell is appealing against his 27 year sentence. He was jailed last month after being found guilty of the abduction, rape and murder of 6 year old Alesha MacPhail on the Isle of Bute in 2018.

D3T2qxJW4AYkZon.jpg

WestFMNews on Twitter

He must know he’s got absolutely no chance though. Especially with that social work interview he gave, he’s got to be doing it to p*** everyone off.

I really hope it backfires and he gets it increased instead

Does his team have to be provide new evidence to support an appeal ?

Not necessarily. It could be that his argument is that his sentence is too high. They will probably look in to previous murder/rape cases of children and the sentences handed out in those. If the sentences are lower then that would be a basis for an appeal. A lot of Scottish cases follow precedent and generally judges don’t like to break a precedent.

Does anyone know if his sentence can be/could be increased on review?

Theoretically it could,it has happened in the past with adults,but in this case I would say it's unlikely,I think 27 years was the max Lord Matthews could give considering his age(Not a point of law but an accepted guide),so I don't see it being increased,but I think it is highly unlikely he will get it reduced,and I think he knows that,we said all along he would do this at the 11th hour just to cause more suffering,and i believe that is exactly his intention

I knew he would appeal. I guess it's no harm to get an appeals court to take a look since its a very unusual crime, but I doubt it will be decreased.

I thought he would appeal. Maybe he will use the fact he's still a child as a reason why it should be reduced. Don't be surprised if he gets a successful appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member