UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pointhouse Crescent? I apologise If I'm being thick here but what is the significance of Pointhouse Cresent, are they searching that location as well?
I think they're just looking for something that may have been tossed into a garden. Whether they suspect that location or are just covering as much area as possible I wouldn't know.

Pointhouse Crescent? I apologise If I'm being thick here but what is the significance of Pointhouse Cresent, are they searching that location as well?
1408999.jpg

Alesha MacPhail: Boy, 16, due in court

Just beyond that house is a gravel lane on the right that leads up to the coach works and the entrance to the woods.

I respectfully disagree. They do not & will not deny an income to someone given round the clock police protection & a new identity if that person refuses to get a job. It would make it more likely that their cover would be blown if that person becomes homeless. They aren't doing it to be kind, they are doing it to avoid having to give them a new identity

Not unless it has been subdivided further.
The layout is such that it would be unlivable if the attic became a separate flat from the upper floor area. And these days I doubt you'd get it past council's planning dept.

Many thanks Hedgehog. So - if the ground floor is still up for sale - then no occupants in the building, other than the family

1408999.jpg

Alesha MacPhail: Boy, 16, due in court

Just beyond that house is a gravel lane on the right that leads up to the coach works and the entrance to the woods.
Thank you :) I wonder why there though, because that would be a longer way to get to the woods from her grandparents flat. Unless they think he took her somewhere else first (possibly still alive) before leaving body at the hotel.

I respectfully disagree. They do not & will not deny an income to someone given round the clock police protection & a new identity if that person refuses to get a job. It would make it more likely that their cover would be blown if that person becomes homeless. They aren't doing it to be kind, they are doing it to avoid having to give them a new

I respectfully disagree with you ... specifically thinking of Venables & Thompson - they are not spoon fed and molly coddled for the rest if their lives after release - may I suggest reading this excellent book for an insight...

The Sleep of Reason: The James Bulger Case https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0571340563/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5O0pBb7A03X0P

Either way ... this boy is barely charged as it stands, we don't even know what those charges are! and it seems a bit too soon, to me, to be assuming guilt, sentence and his life beyond at this point.

That is exactly what will happen, in Britain he will NOT be locked up until he is old. And he will almost certainly get a new name.
If he does get a new name (which it's almost certain he will) with that will come police protection which will costs 100s of thousands each year. He will be guaranteed to receive social welfare payments & he will not have to jump through hoops (prove he is looking for work) that normal people do. He will literally never have to work again. BUT if he chooses to he will be allowed to work in places where families go to. No one will be warned, just as happened with one of the Bulger killers

I agree with you with one small caveat if they don't name him ( the courts/police) now. He will be a risk when he is released under a new name & we will not be able to protect our children

Seems like it would be an incentive to be a young violent criminal.

I have walked through Ardbeg many times. The coach depot will have CCTV and behind is the woods which will take you towards the old hotel, or you can approach from Port Bannatyne. I had no idea that the grans building was flats. They were originally one big property.

Prospect house is at the cross road junction just a few hundred yards along. It was a rental holiday house my grandparents took many times.

From Procurator fiscal Scotland:

Please be responsible when posting any material connected to an active case. A case becomes active when someone is arrested, and you may be in breach of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 when discussing active proceedings.

It is an offence under section 47 of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995 to identify anyone under the age of eighteen who is involved in criminal proceedings. Please tweet responsibly.

Everyone seems to be jumping to the conclusion this is 'murder' as well...the actual statement from Police Scotland said 'a 16 year old male has been charged in connection with the DEATH'.

It certainly never said 'charged with the murder'.

I respectfully disagree with you ... specifically thinking of Venables & Thompson - they are not spoon fed and molly coddled for the rest if their lives after release - may I suggest reading this excellent book for an insight...

The Sleep of Reason: The James Bulger Case https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0571340563/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5O0pBb7A03X0P

Either way ... this boy is barely charged as it stands, we don't even know what those charges are! and it seems a bit too soon, to me, to be assuming guilt, sentence and his life beyond at this point.

So you really don't think he's involved? o_O I can't bring my self to give a hall pass to someone who has been charged in connection with a little 6 year olds death.

So you really don't think he's involved? o_O I can't bring my self to give a hall pass to someone who has been charged in connection with a little 6 year olds death.

That's clearly not the point that was being made...nobody, except the Police (and direct family/friends) will know what's actually happened...certainly not some random people on the Websleuths forum (or on social media).

We don't know what the POI is being charged with yet, what they have done...how they have done it...if anyone else is involved etc.

I'm even thinking speculating about stuff like this regarding a young child being killed is inherently wrong...imagine if the parents somehow stumbled across this thread, discussing stuff like their child being sexually attacked...how would you feel if that was your child?

Thanks :) he has been charged and if the locals of a tiny community weren’t surprised it was him then that’s enough for me! The police don’t charge people in connection with the murder of a child without evidence! He’s guilty.. you wait for the verdict before you judge but I’m happy to have my opinion now! That’s what this site is for after all!
I do wonder why some people find it hard to work out why such a crime could occur?
Thinking of the most pheasable innocent answers?
Think of male, impulses, & urges and you have your answer.
completely agree and cant see any other reason. It looks to me as she was taken from her bed or maybe she did sleepwalk into the close and was lured away. I dont think shes been poisoned or accidentally killed. The only way i think drugs could of been involved is if the suspect was under the influence of drugs himself.

No thanks as I made clear I don't agree, & I have direct knowledge of the way they are treated. I don't need a book to help me.
You believe what you believe & I'll believe what I believe, the world will keep turning. Have a great day :)

Just to chip in, what are the police looking for on the beach a day or so after the event? High tide is every 12 hours and google maps shows the sea opposite the house right up to the wall.
Whatever they are looking for is heavy and not likely to be washed away by the tide?

Have I said outright, ir implied, anywhere that I don't think he's involved? The answer to that is no!

Of course I beleive he's involved!
But as yet, we know nothing as fact, excluding facebook gossip! Other than, a child is dead and a 16 year old charged in connection with her death.

Assuming anything further is pointless.

No thanks as I made clear I don't agree, & I have direct knowledge of the way they are treated. I don't need a book to help me.
You believe what you believe & I'll believe what I believe, the world will keep turning. Have a great day :)

I'm happy to have anyone disagree and debate with me but, you are quoting your opinion as fact and you are factually incorrect. I also have professional experience of life after release with which I form my opinion.

<modsnipped- promoting book>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads