UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
11:38

Ms McLachlan told friend she had 'a bad feeling' about the accused

Ms Toni-Louise McLachlan says that when she was out searching for Alesha on the beach, she told a friend: “I’ve got a bad feeling” about the accused.

She told the court she thought “it was dodgy” after receiving calls from the accused in the middle of night.

Girlfriend of Alesha MacPhail's dad sobs giving evidence in emotional appearance

Radio Clyde News‏Verified account @RadioClydeNews 39m39 minutes ago

When asked if there was a problem with the door to Alesha's bedroom, Toni said; "Yes it was squeaky".

just copying this over from HayLouise earlier post

Connor Gillies‏Verified account @ConnorGillies
Toni tells the court she got out of bed to go to the toilet before entering Alesha’s bedroom and switching off the Peppa Pig DVD. Toni breaks down in the witness box as she recalls seeing Alesha sleeping. Toni says she fully closed Alesha’s bedroom door.

12:17KEY EVENT

Facebook message accused sent to girlfriend of Alesha MacPhail's dad shown to court

Ms Toni-Louise McLachlan, the partner of Alesha’s father Robert MacPhail, said she missed a call from the accused on Facebook messenger at around 1.47am.

She tried to call him back around 6am as she thought it was ‘strange’.

In a Facebook message exchange shown to the jury, Ms McLachlan asked the teen to “keep an eye out for Rab’s wee girl”.

Transcript:

Accused: “Sorry doesn’t matter” following by two crying laughing emojis.

Toni replied: “Want to keep and eye out for Rab’s wee girl x”

Accused: “Yh how what’s happened?”

Toni: “She’s went missing...the police helicopter is out x”

Accused: “Am sure she’s not gone too far x”

Toni: “Hopefully x”.

Girlfriend of Alesha MacPhail's dad sobs giving evidence in emotional appearance

Thank you Haylouise for the updates, I've been registered on this site a while but never really posted anything.
I find this case very unsettling, something doesn't seem right about the idea of a some one who is a stranger to Alesha sneaking into a flat without being heard.
I am also curious I remember at the time of the murder, that there was a younger sister? Does anyone know if the younger sister was also there because I thought she was and if parents separated when Alesha was so young then I am wonder if the younger sister was on mums side or dads? I feel this is significant

Thank you Haylouise for the updates, I've been registered on this site a while but never really posted anything.
I find this case very unsettling, something doesn't seem right about the idea of a some one who is a stranger to Alesha sneaking into a flat without being heard.
I am also curious I remember at the time of the murder, that there was a younger sister? Does anyone know if the younger sister was also there because I thought she was and if parents separated when Alesha was so young then I am wonder if the younger sister was on mums side or dads? I feel this is significant

No the younger daughter of Genie Lochrane is NOT the child of Rab Mcphail.

Alesha and the younger child are biologically 'half' sisters.

Fraser Knight‏ @Fraser_Knight

The defence puts to Toni Mclachlan that it was her who took Alesha from her bed, took her to the area where she was found and sexually assaulted her. “No” she repeatedly says.

Fraser Knight‏ @Fraser_Knight

It’s claimed she met the 16-year-old boy accused of raping and murdering Alesha MacPhail during the night where the pair had sex in a shed. She continually denies that.

bbm

James Matthews‏Verified account @jamesmatthewsky

Under cross-examination, Toni Louise McLachlan says no repeatedly to suggestions by Brian McConnachie QC, for the accused, that she had sex with accused on night Alesha died, that she murdered Alesha and used contents of condom to plant evidence.

Toni Louise McLachlan is the partner of Alesha’s Dad Robert. She has been blamed in a special defence lodged by the 16 year-old who is accused of abducting, raping and murdering Alesha

Under cross-examination, Toni Louise McLachlan says no repeatedly to suggestions by Brian McConnachie QC, for the accused, that she had sex with accused on night Alesha died, that she murdered Alesha and used contents of condom to plant evidence.
This feels quite odd that she’s being accused even though she’s not on trial? Surely if there were any suspicion that the police thought she was involved/ responsible she would have been charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23