UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
12:37KEY EVENT

Ms McLachlan denies 'planting the accused's semen on Alesha's body'

Ms Toni-Louise McLachlan has denied ‘planting the accused’s semen on Alesha’s body’.

She also denied telling a friend “it’s for the best” when Alesha was found dead.

During cross examination by Brian McConnachie QC for the accused, she also denied playing ‘smoking games’ with the accused and having sex with him in a bus shelter in 2017.

She continuously denied meeting the accused for sex in the middle of the night that Alesha went missing.

Toni also denied taking the used condom of the accused, taking Alesha from her room to the woods before attacking the six-year-old and “planting” the accused’s semen on her body.

Girlfriend of Alesha MacPhail's dad sobs giving evidence in emotional appearance

Would
11:21

Ms McLachlan denies having an argument with Alesha's dad

A defence witness claims to have seen Ms McLachlan having an argument with Mr Robert MacPhail in the street on the night Alesha went missing.

She says she didn’t go outside on the night in question and she and Robert hadn’t argued.

When asked if a neighbour could have seen them arguing on the street, she replied ‘no’.

Girlfriend of Alesha MacPhail's dad sobs giving evidence in emotional appearance

I thought we were still in the prosecution part. Did we move on to the defense?

Connor Gillies‏Verified account @ConnorGillies

Toni breaks down in tears as she denies “brutalising” Alesha MacPhail. She says “It’s horrible”, “I’m sad and angry”.

Fraser Knight‏ @Fraser_Knight

Toni says, “I’m sad, I’m hurt, I’m angry. Especially when it’s somebody you love so much, but she knew I loved her” when asked how she feels being blamed for the rape and murder of Alesha MacPhail. Toni starts crying as she once again says she has nothing to do with her death.

12:41KEY EVENT

Ms McLachlan breaks down as she denies 'brutalising' Alesha MacPhail

Ms Toni-Louise McLachlan, the girlfriend of Alesha MacPhail’s father, breaks down in tears as she denies “brutalising” Alesha.

She says: “I’m sad, I’m hurt, I’m angry. Especially when it’s somebody you love so much, but she knew I loved her”.

0_FMF_SDR_23072018KYLE55JPG.jpg

Evidence shows Toni missed a call, from the boy accused of killing Alesha, at 01:47 on the morning she went missing. Toni tried to call him back while out looking for the 6 y/o at 06:29. She sent him a Facebook message saying “Want to keep an eye out for rabs wee girl please x”

bbm

The fact that he was messaging them shows a real amount of thrill seeking to me. I think he was desperate, not just to know if they knew she was missing. But I think he was desperate to hear them upset and devastated over her being missing. This makes it seems more personal to me. He wanted to hurt THEM.

Also I read yesterday about pants and boxer shorts found turned inside out. So he just yanked his pants and boxers off and left them? So after assaulting and killing poor Alesha he just walked home with no pants or underwear on??

Last edited:

The court is now hearing from the man who discovered Alesha MacPhail’s body last July. George Williams says he found her body in woodland after searching for about 25 minutes. He saw an appeal for help to find Alesha on Facebook. His 999 call is played to the jury.

Connor Gillies‏Verified account @ConnorGillies

George tells court he was stunned to find Alesha’s remains. He paused for a few minutes before checking for a pulse. His 999 call is played to court.

Ms McLachlan admitted the couple bought an ounce of cannabis for £200 - using her college bursary money, Mr MacPhail’s benefit money and money occasionally provided to the two by each of their parents for living costs.

Asked about supplying cannabis to the accused via his younger sister, Mr McConnachie said: “Instead of supplying to him you supplied it to his wee sister, who is 14.”Ms McLachlan replied: “Yes.”But she claimed she did not know the girl was 14.

Ms McLachlan claimed she originally didn’t suspect anything because they had not sold cannabis to the accused is months.
She said: “We didn’t normally give him weed or anything at that time in the morning.”

Girlfriend of Alesha MacPhail’s dad ‘had a bad feeling’ when accused called on morning girl disappeared

Again interesting language by the partner, doesn't use Alesha's name, its 'Rabs wee girl'.

Since she was talking to someone who she probably didn't view as knowing the child by name it would make sense to me to refer to her in a way that is definitive about who she's talking about. Saying "Rabs wee girl" clearly indicates who is missing. Saying "Alesha is missing" would be what you'd say to someone who knew exactly who Alesha was and knew her by name. So far I've not read anything that would indicate this teen was on terms to know Alesha by name.

The fact that he was messaging them shows a real amount of thrill seeking to me. I think he was desperate, not just to know if they knew she was missing. But I think he was desperate to hear them upset and devastated over her being missing. This makes it seems more personal to me. He wanted to hurt THEM.

Also I read yesterday about pants and boxer shorts found turned inside out. So he just yanked his pants and boxers off and left them? So after assaulting and killing poor Alesha he just walked home with no pants or underwear on??

I think ( dont know ) that the calls were made prior to Alesha being abducted. So - if the suspect is the guilty party - then he was probably making the texts/calls either to try and get drugs ? or possibly just to find out where RM and TM were, before breaking into the house to get Alesha.
The inside out clothing was found on the beach. Most likely scenario is the suspect goes home, has a shower and changes, then takes clothes down to the beach. It's a bit of a walk from the hotel to Ardbeg Road ( where we have been told he lives ) and easiest route would be along main road, so I don't think he walked home without clothing.

Can I ask a question guys, and I hope I'm not breaking the rules. Is the accused known by two different last names does any body know? Obviously don't mention the name just a yes or no.

Under cross-examination by defence brief Brian McConnachie, Ms McLachlan said she received messages all morning from people claiming the accused was responsible.

Ms McLachlan said: “Yes, I did, but I didn’t think anything after he said he didn’t think she would have gone far.”

Girlfriend of Alesha MacPhail’s dad ‘had a bad feeling’ when accused called on morning girl disappeared

BBM says a lot
Why would multiple people automatically assume the accused was responsible, wonder why they jump to that conclusion, maybe some kind of history there?

12:57

Man who found Alesha's body gives evidence

George Williams told the court of his shock at finding Alesha’s body.

He had been searching in woodland for about 25 minutes after seeing the appeal on Facebook before he found her.

He said: “I was stunned. I approached her, put two fingers to her neck to try to find a pulse.”

When asked if he thought if was likely he would find a pulse, he replied ‘no’.

His 999 call is played to the court.

Mr Williams said the memory remains a distressing memory for him.

Alesha MacPhail's dad's girlfriend denies planting accused's semen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member