UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His pants and underwear were found at the beach? How far is that from the crime scene? That is just so weird to me! I can't imagine killing someone, going home and showering and then taking my clothes from the assault and murder and just taking them for a walk on the beach. And then what? Accidentally dropping your clothes but not picking them up? Taking them out to dispose of them but forgetting or failing?

I can picture more a panicked run home carrying pants and underwear and dropping them. But it still seems crazy to not put them back on. But it doesn't make any more sense to me to take them back out after the fact either. That's one of things where I could think someone did set someone up and dumped their clothing. But if you are going to do that the crime scene seems a better place than the beach.

Anyone remember a crime where the suspect left his pants and underwear behind or abandoned somewhere else?
I have a vague recollection that when the case was first in the news we (or I) put up the tide times and I feel almost sure that the tide was in during the early hours of the morning. Maybe he tossed his clothes in the water thinking the tide would take them out but they sunk and remained on the beach when the tide receded.

Terribly sad case this

Yet another where the general public are given just enough information to spark curiousity but not enough to form a properly informed opinion.

Lots of things here that make far more sense if known....and that make the whole thing look mysterious when not known.

With some of the recent coverage of cases in the media, i am beginning to form the conclusion that perhaps it is time to re-examine the way reporting is done on criminal matters because the current system will sooner or later cause either a trial to collapse or a public lynching....and i am just not sure that any of it is really helping anyone.

14:43

Ms McLachlan denies saying Alesha's death was 'for the best'

Ms McLachlan denied being jealous of Alesha due to the time and attention she got from Mr Robert MacPhail and denied saying the child’s death was “for the best”.

Ms McLachlan told the court she ‘had a bad feeling’ when the accused had phoned on the morning of Alesha’s disappearance, and told a friend of her concerns.

Under cross-examination by defence brief Brian McConnachie, Ms McLachlan said she received messages all morning from people claiming the accused was responsible.

Ms McLachlan said: “Yes, I did but I didn’t think anything after he said he didn’t think she would have gone far.”

She agreed that she told a friend, Lindsay Calderwood, ‘I’ve got a bad feeling’.

0_FMF_SDR_23072018KYLE56JPG.jpg

Ms McLachlan denied saying Alesha's death was 'for the best' (Image: Daily Record)

Alesha MacPhail's dad's girlfriend denies planting accused's semen

I have a vague recollection that when the case was first in the news we (or I) put up the tide times and I feel almost sure that the tide was in during the early hours of the morning. Maybe he tossed his clothes in the water thinking the tide would take them out but they sunk and remained on the beach when the tide receded.

You did - I am just scrolling through the thread, trying to find any maps/pics we posted and I noticed that post by you re the tide.

15:07KEY EVENT

Accused spoke to police after his mother called them expressing concern about CCTV

PC Gavin McKellar told the court the accused voluntarily spoke to officers around 1am on 3rd July after his mother phoned police expressing concern at CCTV she wanted police to view.

PC McKellar says he acted “confident” and was “very cooperative”. He asked his mother to leave the room.

The accused’s statement was read to the court in which he said he had gone out in early hours to buy cannabis and smoked on the way back home.

When he got home he took a shower - said he was “really stoned. I take a shower when I am really stoned”.

There was no mention of meeting Ms Toni-Louise McLachlan in his statement.

First policeman at scene cries describing Alesha MacPhail's 'bruised' body

bbm

Did the Accused call Toni? ... I might contact them and ask them why they called just in case they knew something and were trying to contact me ...

I think he was contacting Rab and Toni to see if they were still awake ... ie - I'll message asking for weed - if they don't reply then it's safe to say they're asleep and the coast is clear ...

This seems reasonable.

I think the accused called TM and TM called him back? - whether they actually spoke or not when she called back, I’m unclear.

I think there is a gap on how she would connect the two. There must be something about his past or character that her mind instantly went to him being involved in some way. As if you knew he was only contacting for weed then I’m not sure my mind would jump to involvement? JMO.

Also, we aren’t seeing in the transcript ( I don’t think anyway) if she first said ‘why did you call?’, all I’ve seen is a message from her saying to look out for Rab’s wee girl.

This seems reasonable.

I think the accused called TM and TM called him back? - whether they actually spoke or not when she called back, I’m unclear.

I think there is a gap on how she would connect the two. There must be something about his past or character that her mind instantly went to him being involved in some way. As if you knew he was only contacting for weed then I’m not sure my mind would jump to involvement? JMO.

Also, we aren’t seeing in the transcript ( I don’t think anyway) if she first said ‘why did you call?’, all I’ve seen is a message from her saying to look out for Rab’s wee girl.

Yeah this is all we got:

Transcript:

Accused: “Sorry doesn’t matter” following by two crying laughing emojis.

Toni replied: “Want to keep and eye out for Rab’s wee girl x”

Accused: “Yh how what’s happened?”

Toni: “She’s went missing...the police helicopter is out x”

Accused: “Am sure she’s not gone too far x”

Toni: “Hopefully x”.

Connor Gillies‏Verified account @ConnorGillies

PC Gavin McKellar tells court the accused voluntarily spoke to officers around 1am on 3rd July after a woman phoned police expressing concern at CCTV she wanted police to view. PC says he acted “confident” and was “very cooperative”

bbm

This is chilling. Possible psychopath to be so cool after a crime so heinous?

James Matthews‏Verified account @jamesmatthewsky

Det Constable tells court accused’s mother showed him footage from the cctv system in operation at her house. As a result, he spoke to her son

bbm

I feel for his Mum. To have to contact the police on her own son.

I suspected the accused and the women were seeing each other. It may not be the case but it's possible.

Ms Toni-Louise McLachlan has denied having sex with the accused on the night Alesha went missing, keeping the condom, then abducting and murdering Alesha before planting the accused’s semen.

She also denied telling a friend “it’s for the best” when Alesha was found dead.

During cross examination by Brian McConnachie QC for the accused, she also denied playing ‘smoking games’ with the accused and having sex with him in a bus shelter in 2017.

She continuously denied meeting the accused for sex in the middle of the night that Alesha went missing.

Toni also denied taking the used condom of the accused, taking Alesha from her room to the woods before attacking the six-year-old and “planting” the accused’s semen as evidence.

The question: "would you agree Alesha would scream if a stranger entered her room" was cleverly done. The partner answered "yes".

Safe to say whoever took her was known to her? So was the accused well known to Alesha or are we looking at something else? Of course, she could easily have gone quietly but I suspect this sinister case is about to get a lot worse.

I suspected the accused and the women were seeing each other. It may not be the case but it's possible.

Ms Toni-Louise McLachlan has denied having sex with the accused on the night Alesha went missing, keeping the condom, then abducting and murdering Alesha before planting the accused’s semen.

She also denied telling a friend “it’s for the best” when Alesha was found dead.

During cross examination by Brian McConnachie QC for the accused, she also denied playing ‘smoking games’ with the accused and having sex with him in a bus shelter in 2017.

She continuously denied meeting the accused for sex in the middle of the night that Alesha went missing.

Toni also denied taking the used condom of the accused, taking Alesha from her room to the woods before attacking the six-year-old and “planting” the accused’s semen as evidence.

Yep I agree there was a connection. Not sure if seeing each other but something. Possibly even just infatuation with her on his part?

Does anyone know what ‘smoking games’ are? Not that it’s entirely relevant. Just curious.

Still can’t believe the defence is going with that condom scenario. I’m starting to think Brian Mc has lost his mind. Either that or he knows the accused is getting convicted either way and is just trying to plant seeds of doubt for a lesser charge/sentence.

The series of events was put to her by defence, Brian McConnachie, who said she had “brutalised” the little girl using an “implement.”

The brief claimed that Ms McLachlan met the accused in secret the night before Alesha disappeared, and confided in the teen about alleged abuse from Mr MacPhail.

He said the pair had walked into a shed where they used a condom provided by Ms McLachlan, and the accused gave her a hoodie because she was cold.

The accused said that was the last time he had seen Ms McLachlan before Alesha was killed, the court heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member