GUILTY UK - Alex Rodda, 15, murdered, Cheshire village, Ashley,13 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
11:36TODD FITZGERALD
'He was the most beautiful, happy boy you could ever meet'
He was the most beautiful, happy boy you could ever meet.

For me, I'm looking forward to the moment when I'm back with my little boy again where I can protect him better than I could in his life.

LIVE: Matthew Mason to be sentenced for murder of Alex Rodda

11:39TODD FITZGERALD
Alex's mum describes experiencing 'hell'
Lisa Rodda, Alex's mum said:

For those who have had a child can only know the joy you experience by having that child of your own. It's unconditional love.

They become the biggest treasure in your life.

When you lose your child in the most horrific and brutal circumstances, as parents you really do experience hell.

11:46TODD FITZGERALD
Judge sentences Mason
The judge is now sentencing Mason.

I sentence you for the murder of a 15 year old boy, something I think you will never ever understand.

What is clear to me is that Alex was a much loved son grandson, brother and also a friend to many young persons.

11:57TODD FITZGERALD
'You groomed him'
The judge continues:

Although I accept he may have initiated contact with you, I am sure you not only responded to it, but actively encouraged a sexual relationship by sending him messages and the image you sent him of your erect penis and a video of you masturbating.

In that regard, you clearly encouraged your young victim to involve himself in what was clearly his first real sexual experience. In other words, you groomed him.

12:07TODD FITZGERALD
'You were only thinking about yourself', judge tells Mason

You were only thinking about yourself and you cared not a jot for anybody else.

He didn't realise the consequences of what he was doing, you clearly understood this. In reality not only were you much older, not just in years, but more emotionally mature than him.

In the days leading up to his death you send him messages inviting him to have sex in some special or secret place.

You deliberately took that heavy wrench and you chose that spot. It was a devastating weapon.

12:08TODD FITZGERALD
'This was carefully planned and ruthlessly carried out'
This was carefully planned and ruthlessly carried out, showing no empathy and a callous disregard for Alex, his family and friends.

You are a selfish individual and thought about nobody but yourself.

12:15TODD FITZGERALD
'Nothing I can say will ever compensate you', judge tells Alex's family
The judge continues:

The parole board will decide on your release.

Speaking to Alex's family, Judge Everett said:

Nothing I can say will ever compensate you. It will give you limited closure. You have my sincerest condolences.

The judge has commended the efforts of Steven Wilson, who he said treated Alex with 'respect and dignity' when he found him dead.

He has also commended the 'thorough' investigation of the police and Cheshire community.

13:24TODD FITZGERALD
Family statement outside court
In a statement outside court after the hearing, Adam Snr, on behalf of his family, said:

We do feel justice has been served - we don't think any sentence would be too little and we understand the guidelines set by the legal justice system

We are just happy with any sentence given.

It's been pretty horrendous having to listen to the graphic details of the injuries Alex sustained.

I would like to say about the fact we have sat on that trial for three weeks, I feel like it has diminished the pain he went through. Listening day after day, it may seem like the trauma doesn't seem as bad as it would have been for him.

He admitted killing Alex, and we could have been saved from that trauma. We can now get back to trying to remember Alex and create a legacy far removed from the outcome of what has been said in court in the last three weeks.

He hasn't shown any remorse and thought only of himself. We don't have any sympathy for Mason.

Speaking about memories of his son, Adam Snr said:

It's all we have now.

We get to create another legacy, his legacy has never been tarnished. Now we just remember Alex as best as we can and create a true legacy for him. We will not forget him and we will keep his legacy going as long as we possibly can.

He was an amazing boy.

As Mr Rodda, broke down Lisa said:

He was loving, so gentle, so kind, even if you didn't want to smile he had one of those smiles that was contagious. He was brought up only in love.

14:03TODD FITZGERALD
The devastating toll Alex Rodda's murder has taken on his parents laid bare in heartbreaking statements read in court
The parents of schoolboy Alex Rodda read heartbreaking victim statements in court before the teenager who groomed and murdered their 'beautiful, happy' son was jailed for life.

The 15-year-old's mum and dad paid tribute to him - and spoke of their contempt for his killer Matthew Mason.

For the full story, click here.

LIVE: Matthew Mason handed life sentence for murder of Alex Rodda

The son of a wealthy farmer who had been sentenced to life behind bars after bludgeoning a 15-year-old boy to death has seen his jail term reduced by two years because of his age and previous 'good character'.

Lawyers representing him submitted that the original prison term was 'too much for a young man of this age'.

Appeal judges agreed and said they believed the previous ruling was made in error when considering Mason's age, level of maturity and previous 'good character'.

They quashed the original sentence and handed Mason a fresh sentence of 26 years

Murderer Matthew Mason sees his life sentence reduced by two years after successful court appeal | Daily Mail Online

:rolleyes:

Social Media Murders - Series 1 - Episode 1

Alex's family and friends are telling Alex's story in this programme; the series focuses a bit on the evils of social media but that doesn't distract too much (and indeed they make the point that the amount of social media contact with Mason that Alex had passed on to his friends helped secure the conviction).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bman1986
Back