UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sep 2007 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The money left at home and the money he withdrew from the ATM are both extremely curious.
Maybe in his mind it was “different” money. His birthday money was being saved to buy something and his bank money was for spending? That’s the sort of weird logic my daughter would have had at that age.

This had been planned days in advance it wasn’t done on the spur of the moment.

You don't think he could have planned it quickly that morning? Like on the way to the bus stop...Ugh, I really don't want to go today. You know what? I'm feeling rebellious / adventurous, what if I don't go to school?.. hangs out a bit until his family leaves, hastily puts plan into action...

Has this bit been discussed in here yet?

Thanks for posting that video from Seeking Answers. It was well done and a new one for me. I don't think that particular video has been discussed? But I would like to discuss it.

What thoughts came up for you watching it?

One thing that was new for me were the images from a Youtube gathering in London of someone resembling Andrew, but his family doesn't think he was Andrew. (I see the resemblance but also think it was a look-alike).

You don't think he could have planned it quickly that morning? Like on the way to the bus stop...Ugh, I really don't want to go today. You know what? I'm feeling rebellious / adventurous, what if I don't go to school?.. hangs out a bit until his family leaves, hastily puts plan into action...
The day he walked back from school I believe he walked via the station to find out about train times.
Andrew never had a day off school so if if was a day out you would think he would go at the weekend. He went Friday at that time to get an 8 hour head start from his parents. Leaving all his possessions and money at home to give the impression he was not far from home if his parents were alerted that he was not at school or home.

The day he walked back from school I believe he walked via the station to find out about train times.
Andrew never had a day off school so if if was a day out you would think he would go at the weekend. He went Friday at that time to get an 8 hour head start from his parents. Leaving all his possessions and money at home to give the impression he was not far from home if his parents were alerted that he was not at school or home.
Good point IMO re train times. Yes, definitely wanted to give himself time to not be found. Maybe to go to the gig. JMO MOO

Thanks for posting that video from Seeking Answers. It was well done and a new one for me. I don't think that particular video has been discussed? But I would like to discuss it.

What thoughts came up for you watching it?

One thing that was new for me were the images from a Youtube gathering in London of someone resembling Andrew, but his family doesn't think he was Andrew. (I see the resemblance but also think it was a look-alike).

The look-a-like isn't that look a like to me and he seems to tall if you look at everyone's height. Andrew was small.

I think the money at home was left there on purpose as a distraction.[/QUOTE

Well its either that or he was absent minded. I know many super intelligent people who have zero common sense or they would forget the most important things like the charger or the birthday money. My strongest opinion is he was planning to come back. I think he didn't realise he was being lured by the ticket and a lift home. I think if there is a perp the perp lays closer to home. JMO MOO

I don’t think he went to a gig. He just wanted to run away.

Do you think he could have realistically been successful at it, or did something go wrong?

In the last interview, his father said he would have been intelligent enough but said the family also all felt he would have found a way to let them know, if he was still okay :(

Though I believe you never can know anyone 100%.

Do you think he could have realistically been successful at it, or did something go wrong?

In the last interview, his father said he would have been intelligent enough but said the family also all felt he would have found a way to let them know, if he was still okay :(

Though I believe you never can know anyone 100%.
He was very successful as nobody has seen him since.

I don't think it's that deep.
He just wanted to go to London for whatever reason then something happened to prevent him from returning
He was 14rs old after all
I wish the mystery man who called at Enterprise Way police station in Leominster in 2008 would come forward. He rung on the intercom and by the time police had arrived he had vanished. I wonder if it could have been Andrew himself.

I wish the mystery man who called at Enterprise Way police station in Leominster in 2008 would come forward. He rung on the intercom and by the time police had arrived he had vanished. I wonder if it could have been Andrew himself.

Yes, this is the saddest thing about this case, as it was the only real lead, and it disappeared into thin air.

I do wonder whether it was Andrew himself, otherwise, why not just phone in a sighting, or a tip or a confession?
Perhaps he wanted to prove it was him in the flesh, but then got nervous and fled.

Too bad Leominster town didn't have CCTV that could have tracked this person a bit more.

Better yet, shouldn't Leominster Police Station have had a camera or two outside to get CCTV of all visitors?? Seems strange there wasn't!

Yes, this is the saddest thing about this case, as it was the only real lead, and it disappeared into thin air.

I do wonder whether it was Andrew himself, otherwise, why not just phone in a sighting, or a tip or a confession?
Perhaps he wanted to prove it was him in the flesh, but then got nervous and fled.

Too bad Leominster town didn't have CCTV that could have tracked this person a bit more.

Better yet, shouldn't Leominster Police Station have had a camera or two outside to get CCTV of all visitors?? Seems strange there wasn't!
There was no real follow up that I can find in the Leominster area apart from the odd newspaper article. Also as you have said why call in person rather than phone and I agree it could have been Andrew himself, an opportunity missed.

Ten years later in 2018 was the Andy Roo clue. An online conversation with someone living in the Lincoln area.
It was a conversation asking for help with £200 rent after a partner had walked out on a guy. The handle was andyroo
Not many people know the family called Andrew Gosden "roo" for years as he is little and bouncy.
He was offered help but couldn't provide bank details as he had no account because in his words "I left home when I was 14".
The chat was brief as a friend came round and bailed him out mid conversation. The police tried everything on the chat provider but they could not trace it back.
Family of boy missing 10 years search Lincoln after report he's here

Possible 'sighting' of missing Doncaster teen Andrew Gosden ten years after disappearance

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pollcat12