UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sep 2007 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What evidence could they possibly have to relate Andrew to these men??

Maybe it could be "just" a specific "tip" from someone claiming their involvement. I think it could also unfortunately be more (such as photo or video. Could be possession of, not necessarily creation of. And I hope there are no actual images.)
Thos is just my unprofessional speculation based on the reporting that "numerous devices were seized..." and
"The older man was also arrested on suspicion of possessing indecent images..."
(From Andrew Gosden: Devices seized from suspects in missing boy case)

Hoping enough evidence exists for the truth to come to light.

I was thinking they might have had a photo of Andrew in their possession, but they weren't actually responsible for his disappearance?
I was thinking they might have had a photo of Andrew in their possession, but they weren't actually responsible for his disappearance?
They were arrested on charges of trafficking and kidnapping, serious charges. More than a photograph, I suspect.

They were arrested on suspicion of those things and released under investigation. No bail and no charges. Imo the police don't have any evidence against them.
My understanding is that release under investigation (RUI) is used by the police instead of bail – but unlike pre-charge bail it has no time limits or conditions. This can leave the accused and alleged victims in limbo with no updates on their case for an unlimited time.

They were arrested on suspicion of those things and released under investigation. No bail and no charges. Imo the police don't have any evidence against them.

IMO, you are correct it is "suspicion of..." but something led to the arrests, questioning, investigation. LE obtained electronics and are, presumably, still analyzing them. I respect your opinion you don't believe they have found evidence and don't believe they will. (ETA: There doesn't seem to be enough yet for charges.)

IMO, you are correct it is "suspicion of..." but something led to the arrests, questioning, investigation. LE obtained electronics and are, presumably, still analyzing them. I respect your opinion you don't believe they have found evidence and don't believe they will. (ETA: There doesn't seem to be enough yet for charges.)
A malicious anonymous phone call to the police could've led to the arrests. <modsnip: No link to information stated as fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
A malicious anonymous phone call to the police could've led to the arrests. <modsnip: No link to information stated as fact>

But if that is what happened, would LE have gone public with the potential link to Andrew's case and put his family through that, or would they have just kept it quiet while investigating? I can't help but wonder.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, since the arrests were made known in January 2022, there has been ................................ nothing from the police? Zero??? Ahhh, man! That must be so frustrating for his loved ones.
These things take time and we've seen this before (see Ch. Bruecker on Madeleine McCann case). It is frustrating but sufficient evidence must be gathered before someone is officially accused of a crime and locked up. Another reason they are still walking free might be to build pressure so the suspects make some sort of mistake that leads to more evidence.

What evidence could they possibly have to relate Andrew to these men??
would the police in the UK have needed a warrant to look in/at their phones. I am guessing absolutely for their computers or tablets they would have absolutely needed a warrant. And wouldn't an RUI impeded any assurances one would have under law for fast and speedy? I am not familiar with the law(s) so I apologize if I am incorrect etc?

would the police in the UK have needed a warrant to look in/at their phones. I am guessing absolutely for their computers or tablets they would have absolutely needed a warrant. And wouldn't an RUI impeded any assurances one would have under law for fast and speedy? I am not familiar with the law(s) so I apologize if I am incorrect etc?

It looks like the police in UK usually need your permission to search phone, unless they have some evidence related to a major crime having taken place. They would then issue a RIPA Notice at which point it becomes a criminal offence to NOT hand over phone and passwords

It looks like the police in UK usually need your permission to search phone, unless they have some evidence related to a major crime having taken place. They would then issue a RIPA Notice at which point it becomes a criminal offence to NOT hand over phone and passwords
Ohh okay. That makes sense.
So--it seems that the local police are investigating the two men detained a few months ago who may or may not be associated with Andrew's disappearance, I get that.

IF (and I have no clue if this is so or not)something to do with Andrew's situation that is 'criminal' winds up on the internet and/or the dark web---would the local PD be the investigator or like here the Feds may get involved. Could something comparable happen in the UK or would it all stay with the local and now main investigators?

An arrest happened a couple of weeks ago in Greece that was the result of a greater Europol investigation on the Darkweb around the start of this year. Local police were tipped by French authorities and were finally able to identify a man who was in possession of the largest collection of paedo images and videos (2.5 million files) ever having been discovered in Europe. This man seems to have been collecting this material for years and is believed that he was also distributing it. More info here: (Translated article)

This got me thinking that perhaps the two men in London were arrested after a similar greater investigation or even the same. Perhaps they were in possession, or accessed files depicting Andrew and are suspected that they had something to do with his disappearance.

In the past couple of years Darkweb platforms have been the target of investigations that have led to many arrests but these things take time.

An arrest happened a couple of weeks ago in Greece that was the result of a greater Europol investigation on the Darkweb around the start of this year. Local police were tipped by French authorities and were finally able to identify a man who was in possession of the largest collection of paedo images and videos (2.5 million files) ever having been discovered in Europe. This man seems to have been collecting this material for years and is believed that he was also distributing it. More info here: (Translated article)

This got me thinking that perhaps the two men in London were arrested after a similar greater investigation or even the same. Perhaps they were in possession, or accessed files depicting Andrew and are suspected that they had something to do with his disappearance.

In the past couple of years Darkweb platforms have been the target of investigations that have led to many arrests but these things take time.
I live in Greece and watch the news but never heard of that- note that we have a huge homicide case in Greece and all the news report that most of the time.
Unfortunately it he gets prosecuted here, our laws are a complete joke. He will either get parole or do a couple of years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90
Back