UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at that photo for a while wondering how everyone was able to pick out details, until I realised it was the person on the left, not the person at the back you were talking about:

https://i.imgur.com/nR3bzWS.jpg

The person on the left is quite clearly a woman.

What makes you say the image is “quite clearly a woman”? Curious, because to me, the image is such low quality that I can’t be sure of anything.

In this thread some have said the man on the right of the pair of people looks to be wearing a stab vest. I live in the US, but if someone were walking around in a stab-proof or bullet-proof vest people would notice. He would stick out like a sore thumb. Would that seem weird to people in the UK?

This does look like Andrew chatting with a balding middle aged man to me. I'm not sure who found it but it's a great discovery and excellent detective work.
In the Reddit sub dedicated to following the case of Andrew Paul Gosden, someone proposed the idea of reviewing the photos on Flickr, since there are still several from September 14 and 15, 2007 that can be easily found with the search filters with the possibility that Andrew might appear in some image that would help to piece together the puzzle about his whereabouts leaving King Cross. Some "possible" were found although most are towards the bottom and are very difficult to pin down.

Given the number of photos, it will be quite helpful if more people join in, in addition to not limiting themselves only to seeing what was photographed on the 14th and 15th, taking into account that there were also some sightings in the following days.

To clarify
The photo people are talking about isn’t the YouTube gathering though is it? It’s a photo of two people in Trafalgar Square, one of whom is a balding middle aged man wearing black and the other who some of us think is almost certainly Andrew.

At a best guess because Andrew never got as far as contacting them so they weren’t considered “relevant” so to speak. In the interview with Kevin he said that (paraphrased) Andrew had relatives in London who he could have gone to visit and asked for a lift home if he needed one, which I took to mean that he hadn’t actually planned to meet up with any family members.

I think it was maybe a kind of throwaway comment though. My kids have an uncle in London, and if they happened to be there and happened to get in some kind of trouble I would hope they would contact him as he would obviously drop everything to help them. On the other hand, they wouldn’t have gone there specifically to visit him IYSWIM.

I didn't mean it that way. I meant that the family were mentioned as being visited in prior visits to London and I wanted to know more about this family. Who are they? What sort of ages? Did they young people in the family? etc etc etc

To be honest, the picture is far too blurry and low-res to say it looks like Andrew.

I don't think so. If the wind blows it changes the look. If you bend over even slightly, the hair appears longer.

A video game festival was held at the end of October 2007. There is a video on YouTube advertising the event, although they used advertising from its 2006 edition. Curiously, the video was uploaded on September 14.

What makes you say the image is “quite clearly a woman”? Curious, because to me, the image is such low quality that I can’t be sure of anything.

In this thread some have said the man on the right of the pair of people looks to be wearing a stab vest. I live in the US, but if someone were walking around in a stab-proof or bullet-proof vest people would notice. He would stick out like a sore thumb. Would that seem weird to people in the UK?

She has a 50 something year old feminine haircut, a feminine body shape and stance, a top that is dark but isn't black (if you look along the same row you can see who is wearing black and who isn't, regardless of photo quality) and she's stood next to her husband. I legitimately had no idea how people were picking out details at first because I thought everyone was talking about the head behind.

And a stab vest? The likelihood of a man of that age walking around central, tourist London in 2007 wearing a stab vest is near 0%. I'd say he's likely wearing a short sleeved shirt but there's more light on his right hand side (our left looking at the picture) than the opposite side, which makes it look two tones.

I legitimately had no idea how people were picking out details at first because I thought everyone was talking about the head behind.

At first I thought the same, and was so confused by what people were saying on here, as I could not fit it to the figure I was looking at.
I am with you, IMO that is a woman, and it's a middle aged couple admiring the view. I thought the man might be wearing a sleeveless padded waistcoat; that's what the clothes looked like to me, though it could be the blurring of the pixels, and its just a shirt.

The idea of the “stab vest” I think came from the idea the man could possibly be a police officer. If you Google “Met police officer black uniform” a few images will come up of officers dressed in short sleeve black polos with stab vests on top. I think that’s what the OP may have been thinking the man in the image looked a bit like. I don’t think he was stating it as a fact though. Personally, I think it looks like he’s wearing a padded gilet with a logo on the left chest over a T-shirt.

She has a 50 something year old feminine haircut, a feminine body shape and stance, a top that is dark but isn't black (if you look along the same row you can see who is wearing black and who isn't, regardless of photo quality) and she's stood next to her husband. I legitimately had no idea how people were picking out details at first because I thought everyone was talking about the head behind.

And a stab vest? The likelihood of a man of that age walking around central, tourist London in 2007 wearing a stab vest is near 0%. I'd say he's likely wearing a short sleeved shirt but there's more light on his right hand side (our left looking at the picture) than the opposite side, which makes it look two tones.
Now that you mention it it does look like an older woman. At first I thought it was an older guy with his younger daughter or granddaughter but I definitely see a middle aged couple admiring the sights now you’ve mentioned it. Either way I don’t think that is Andrew. In my view looking for Andrew in old photos from the day is like looking for a needle in a haystack. There’s millions of people in London. It’s an admirable thing to do and I give props to the people doing it but for all we know he could have immediately left London via another train/tube connection or been picked up in a car and driven out of the city, Gotten on a bus to God knows where. The sightings are not that credible to me from what we know about them. It says that the family confirmed the sighting in Pizza Hut by speaking to staff there but how could that be? There’s no way to confirm it just based off a random description of someone from a staff member. That could have been anyone in Pizza Hut. The staff could have been simply mistaken and how are the family to know. There’s loads of people that would resemble him in the middle of a city, back in the 2007 “emo” “scene” days even more so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow