Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His fiance also stated that he wasn't a big drinker. Let's wait for the post mortem.

He may not have been habitually but he’d been drinking since 12,30 ish and by accounts his friends were pretty much intoxicated by the time he left, I expect he was too and possibly felt the effects much more. Him not being a usual big drinker may also explain why he may have become intoxicated quicker and more prone to accidents and poor judgement. Actually Lucy’s statement says a lot.

I shared this research into missing men early on in the thread. Here it is again. The part about men being found in water gives a table with stats about Drowning, Fall, Cold Water Shock. There is also a section about Verdicts with figures for misadventure, accident etc.

http://www2.port.ac.uk/media/contacts-and-departments/icjs/csmp/MONO-Report-101217.pdf

This is excellent, thank you for reposting as I hadn’t seen it. I’ll have a proper read tomorrow and might even start a separate thread for it!

I shared this research into missing men early on in the thread. Here it is again. The part about men being found in water gives a table with stats about Drowning, Fall, Cold Water Shock. There is also a section about Verdicts with figures for misadventure, accident etc.

http://www2.port.ac.uk/media/contacts-and-departments/icjs/csmp/MONO-Report-101217.pdf

And regarding peeing after alcohol there is this
Why does alcohol make you pee more?
Very interesting, thanks.
Depressing statistics!

[sbm][bbm]

yes same with Boston, MA incidents

I can understand a man who’s drunk & unsteady on his feet falling into water/the river if they’re having a pee; but they’ll do that if they’re already nearby the riverside

They wouldn’t walk around for almost 2 hours looking for somewhere to pee — they’d go in a doorway/anywhere

I can understand a man who’s drunk & unsteady on his feet falling into water/the river if they’re having a pee; but they’ll do that if they’re already nearby the riverside

They wouldn’t walk around for almost 2 hours looking for somewhere to pee — they’d go in a doorway/anywhere

yeah but sometimes they're walking along and decide to quickly pee or just lose their balance next to water

When you see it written in a timeline like this he seems completely lost.

Yes, it would appear that way - at first

But I find it hard to comprehend how an intelligent adult man who certainly isn’t shy - and doesn’t appear drunk, let alone paralytic - would walk around “lost” in a busy town for TWO hours...

If I got lost in a town I’d head towards the shops/pubs/restaurants, which are so easy to see, and ask someone for directions

Regarding the argument he wasn't stumbling drunk and therefore unlikely to fall into the river - we neither know when nor where he entered the river. He could have wandered around Lewes for a while, had more alcohol somewhere else alone, and later, and much more drunk then, ended up in the river. Moo.

He would have been seen by people (including pubs CCTV) had he gone drinking alone....

And I can’t see anyone leaving their Friends at their works do without saying a word, to go off drinking alone...he didn’t even have a drink in the Lamb so I wasn’t like he was desperate for one

Plus, he needed to get home almost 50 miles away...why ever would he wander around drinking alone in a town he’s never been to in his life?

It was the barber shop footage in which I perceived him to look very drunk, not necessarily staggering but walking 'wonky'. He'd been drinking all day, don't think it's unreasonable to think he was very intoxicated. The video was posted earlier in the thread I'm sure, or maybe thread #1 I can't find it now but it's the footage from outside the hairdressers, where he's walking up towards market Street, the last footage of him, that he looks rather worse for wear.

I don’t think he looked drunk at all

In the first video when he left the Lamb he did a momentarily slight stagger as he stepped up onto the pavement, but for the most part he was walking like someone who was fairly sober r very slightly tipsy

in the second video when he walked back up 20 minutes later he didn’t look at ALL tipsy. He was walking purposely and steady.

The two later videos at 8:45pm (although they’ve not been confirmed as him, that man looks identical in every single way to the first videos - so to clear that one up, maybe the police could appeal for that man to come forward...)...but back to my point: I don’t think he looks particularly drunk even in the first videos

Remember, although he’d been drinking since lunchtime, he took a 2.5 hour journey between pubs, and he appeared to be drinking beer. They’d visited in total just three pubs in Lewes, and in the third one - the Lamb - he didn’t even have a drink.

So although they were on a pub crawl it doesn’t seem as though AK were anywhere near paralytic drunk. They couldn’t have been: his friends managed to get the train back to Croydon or Bromley at around 10:30pm?
I think they were all just merry and nothing more

And regarding peeing after alcohol there is this
Why does alcohol make you pee more?

I “get” all that, and it makes sense

But AK was nowhere near the river when he left the pub and was later seen on CCTV

The fact he left the Lamb without telling his friends why/where he was going; the fact his phone switched off just a couple of minutes after he left them all; the fact he was walking in different directions (backtracking); the fact he passed pubs where he could have quickly used their loos; the fact he didn’t look to be staggering drunk; the fact he’d planned to return home with his friends (at about 10:30pm it seems) but for some reason he decided to leave the Lamb at 7:21pm without saying a word is incredibly mysterious

it doesn't matter where he was on the CCTV since we know he fell in the river at some point so was obviously next to it

Of course he got to the river, everyone knows that

But no-one knows why he was walking around Lewes in the first place, and if he was lost he’d have asked directions

No-one knows what time he went into the river...and no-one knows if he slipped by accident, jumped in, or was pushed...

That’s why it’s important that the police try to discover what happened to rule out foul play

I find it hard to believe he was walking around in a busy town “lost” for possibly up to TWO hours - maybe longer.

At 3am I think a man might go in a doorway or something, but at around 8pm I think some might want to be a bit more covert.

If it was AK in the later CCTV, could he have had a sleep somewhere between the last confirmed sighting on CCTV and the later unconfirmed footage? If it was him in the later one, having a sleep somewhere would explain why he wasn’t seen for a period of time.

I didn't think it was him at first because the jacket looked long, but later on, when a close up was shown of his jacket, it was longer than I originally had pictured in my mind and I began to wonder if it was him after all.

I'm convinced it's him at the fire station, his coat is longer than I thought originally, almost hip length by the look of it in other footage of him. Wonder why it was dismissed so quickly though?

I think it suggests emotional disturbance/imbalance/turmoil if it was him still walking back and forth over an hour after the last sightings, in the rain. It's not logical for him not to ask for directions and achieve his aim much quicker if he wanted to go home. It's the time lapse that is alarming, and not reaching out, with a large group of people he knows in the vicinity. I'm paying more attention to the observed anxiety now.

Not sure why it'd indicate that, to be honest.

I think it indicates that the family believe he fell by accident, but we're unlikely to know whether that is the case before the inquest takes place, and even then there may not be a clear answer to how, why or where he entered the water.

The fact his fiancé (who will have more knowledge of the circumstances than any of us) is petitioning for a fence around this river is telling. Too many people conspiring when in fact this was more than likely a tragic accident which she is now petitioning to avoid in the future. I was also shocked to read how many others had lost their lives in this river, a few people have commented under the petition giving details of loved ones lost there.

I think it suggests emotional disturbance/imbalance/turmoil if it was him still walking back and forth over an hour after the last sightings, in the rain. It's not logical for him not to ask for directions and achieve his aim much quicker if he wanted to go home. It's the time lapse that is alarming, and not reaching out, with a large group of people he knows in the vicinity. I'm paying more attention to the observed anxiety now.

This is what I struggle with ..in "average" drunken state why would someone wander round and round a town even taking in industrial areas ? If looking for cigarettes or station why not ask or give up and try and head back to the pubs ..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back